Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RID toys now out in America!

Default RID toys now out in America!

That's right. Unless it is a cleverly designed hoax, Hasbro appear to have rushed some RID toys to stores in America to cash in on the Christmas splurge of gift-getters buying random stuff for their kids and kids of their friends and relatives.

The cheapest ones, the gimmick "one-step changers" (Underbite, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Strongarm) were the ones found at ToysRUs stores on the west coast of America.

Does this mean that they could suddenly show up here as well?
    Who knows... but I'll see if I can find out. (I would have asked already, but I wasn't expecting them to be released before Toyfair season in Feb/Mar.)

They are priced at US$10, which is the old US Deluxe pricing, so with the exchange rate dropping, expect these to be about AU$20, and Deluxes (which will be up to US$17 in America for this line) to possibly be close or more than $30 with this new line.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They are priced at US$10, which is the old US Deluxe pricing, so with the exchange rate dropping, expect these to be about AU$20, and Deluxes (which will be up to US$17 in America for this line) to possibly be close or more than $30 with this new line.
    AUSTRALIAN RETAIL: Unfortunately, with the weakening of the Australian dollar, we have had to raise prices.

OTCA: Um... but you didn't lower prices when the dollar was strong.

AUSTRALIAN RETAIL: Ha ha ha. Oh you precious child - just leave economics to the grown-ups.

The deluxes got spotted in Ireland!!

That's so weird. I vaguely recall Ireland being the first for another recent line. Maybe TFPrime I think. It's like, so bizarre, considering Asia is most often first to find new toys, and Europe is often the last, or never with lines.

So what characters are we getting in Deluxe's and larger sizes? I haven't really been paying attention as I thought we wouldn't see these toys for a long time. I'm only interested in getting certain specific characters from non-G1 lines these days.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So what characters are we getting in Deluxe's and larger sizes? I haven't really been paying attention as I thought we wouldn't see these toys for a long time. I'm only interested in getting certain specific characters from non-G1 lines these days.
    Right now Warrior (new name for Dexlue) is the biggest non-simplified size class
    from what we've seen the RiD line will include Legion, One-Step, Warrior (Deluxe), Hyperchange heroes (I think these are like AOE power battlers or one of those other fast changing big figures) and the titans (the shampoo bottle looking things)

we only know wave 1 of Warrior class figures right now consisting of Bumblebee, Grimlock, Strongarm and Steeljaw. there is also a warrior Optimus but I'm not sure if he is wave 1 or 2

It looks like the Warrior/Deluxe class is the most complex, non-gimmick class so far known, and even those are very simple from what I saw at the SDCC display... and I think its because the cartoon is aimed at a younger audience than even Animated (but still a couple years older than the Rescue Bots audience).
    But like Animated, as the age-group gets older with the cartoon, the toys might get more complicated with them.

The Generations toys are the ones aimed at us oldies next year, so I don't think Hasbro are even bothering to create RID toys that would interest us. Just like Rescue Bots, most of us probably won't even follow the RID cartoon if it ends up being as young as the promos so far look.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't think Hasbro are even bothering to create RID toys that would interest us. Just like Rescue Bots, most of us probably won't even follow the RID cartoon if it ends up being as young as the promos so far look.
    I can normally look past a toy being for kids if it's a character I like. I have a couple of Rescue Bots Optimus' because I can look past it's simplicity. Also I am watching RB on my US Netflix account and kinda like it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think Rescue Bots is one of the better TFs cartoons, for being fun to watch... but not fun for fans of Decepticons.

The RID cartoon may end up being a good one for us older fans to watch... but if it is, it's going to annoy fans who would want some toys that have more than 6-8 steps of transformation.

Wasn't certain if this was the right place for this one, but here's a link to some in hand images:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...teeljaw/31766/

The thing I found intriguing was on the back of the card is directions to scan the faction symbol in order to unlock a game character. Comparing the faction symbols on the different toys, the circles surrounding the symbol have different ratios of dark and light, like bar codes.

Is there a game advertised yet? And what's to stop kids going to shops and just scanning the symbols in their pack?