Page 744 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 724734739740741742743744745746747748749754764 ... LastLast
Results 7,431 to 7,440 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Universe Inferno.
    Universe Skyfall.
    TFCC Ramjet.
    Robots In Disguise/Generations Jhiaxus.
    TFSS Starscream.
    BotCon Autobot Electrons
    Most of the 2010 BotCon toys.
    Arguably Ultimate Gift Set Jazz.
    Possibly Shattered Glass Sideswipe.
    Thanks. Forgot about Jazz in the Ultimate Giftset.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Anyone know when the G1 version of KreO Grimlock is due to hit the stores here? I heard it was a TRU exclusive but can't find it on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Is it confirmed for release here? Kre-o is only a TRU exclusive in the states I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes, it is only TRU exclusive in America (this year), but since it wasn't revealed as part of the regular line of Kreo sets at Toyfairs, the Grimlock set is likely to be a TRU exclusive that may or may not come here.
    (email Hasbro or TRU to find out)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Thanks guys Found it on the TRU USA website - now I just have to decide if I want it enough to pay shipping on top of its cost. That's even IF they ship this particular toy to Aus (got burnt with MP Soundwave)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If it helps you make a decision at all I just ordered from TRU US this week. Only paid $40AUD on shipping on two really heavy Power Rangers toys. (tons of diecast)

Grrr! Have tried several times to order Kre-O G1 Grimlock on my home PC and it keeps coming up with error messages. I tried on my phone and it let me get half way through the order before questioning my billing. Even though it CLEARLY says International Shipping Available on the toys page, the billing thing is saying 'international shipping is not offered'. Freaking TRU online website - you've screwed me again! I've sent them a query email but am not hopeful that they will be particularly helpful.

Does anyone know what governs the ridiculous asking price for a G1 TM Scourge??
    I know we never got the movie character target-masters here but Americans are selling TM Scourge for on average $300US for a complete but usually average condition one
    Does anyone know the story behind this?? Is he just a popular figure, was he short packed?? Kup and Hotrod are relatively cheap because they were re-issued, but why aren't people asking as much for TM Blurr and TM Cyclonus as they are for TM Scourge when they have not been re-issued?

Madness I tell you Madness!!

From what i've read, he was only packed one per case. For what it's worth, I think Mark Bellamo makes mention of this in his guide book too.

Ive just had a quick look on eBay & his complete price has certainly gone up since i last checked. I was looking at a complete one for ~$180 last year.
    I find Scourge by himself seems relatively cheap, it's an unbroken Fracas that seems to be driving the prices up & up.

Stupid question...

I just got a LP Soundwave. Did Hasbro remove the firing mechanism from SW's launcher? Mine doesn't fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Stupid question...

I just got a LP Soundwave. Did Hasbro remove the firing mechanism from SW's launcher? Mine doesn't fire.
    I can't remember on mine, but being Hasbro - probably!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    From what i've read, he was only packed one per case. For what it's worth, I think Mark Bellamo makes mention of this in his guide book too.

Ive just had a quick look on eBay & his complete price has certainly gone up since i last checked. I was looking at a complete one for ~$180 last year.
    I find Scourge by himself seems relatively cheap, it's an unbroken Fracas that seems to be driving the prices up & up.
    Thanks for the reply Sinnertwin. I just heard back from another source that he is pretty sure Scourge was short packed and that he recalls a lot of the Transformers from 1987 were short runs (not as many made) due to a falling in popularity of Transformers around then. Which makes sense and possibly explains why the TM movie bots were not released here...

Scourge might also suffer the fate of "army building" with quite a few people wanting three sweeps to go with their Scourge, to match the more common number in the cartoon and comic.
    (there wasn't a lot of army building character toys in Gen1, and it was a lot easier and cheaper to army build three, than something like Insecticons or Wreckers... and the Sweeps were more like characters too)

I never knew that TM Scourge was shortpacked. TM Scourge, Cyclonus, Hot Rod, Blurr and Kup were never released in Australia (and quite honestly, even if they had been, I probably would've skipped them -- cos in 1987 I would've rather spent my pocket money on new characters rather than getting the same ones again with new weapons ). I only got Targetmaster Hot Rod and Kup because they were reissued... Targetmaster Blurr is one of the few Transformer toys that I purchased off the aftermarket at above its original price (just cos it was the only Hasbro Targetmaster toy that I didn't have ). I only got Stepper because that was reissued. But as for Artfire, TM Scourge and Cyclonus - unless they get reissued, I'm not gonna get them. I have Classicsverse versions of all those characters now, so as far as I'm concerned, that'll just have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

...or I could go and preorder three MISB MP Cars and spend the change on a new MOSC Deluxe Class for the same price!

In each case of twelve, there were three Misfires, three Triggerhappys, three Slugslingers, two Cyclonuses and one Scourge. The consequences of this in a world of completists and fragile Fracases are obvious.