Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Optimus Prime's Movies News

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:49 PM
DELTAprime's Avatar
DELTAprime DELTAprime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 12th Jun 2011
Location: Gladstone
Posts: 4,172
Default TLK lands 9 Razzie nominations

Well um, as someone that really dislikes many aspects of the Bayverse (mostly around acting, script and directing) I'm not at all surprised by this. TLK has landed 9 Razzie nominations this year.

The Razzies are awarded for the worst movies of the year, as opposed to most awards ceremonies that award the best movies.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/22/16...rs-last-knight
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:59 PM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,623
Default

I saw about 5 movies last year, most of those nominated I didn't see. Looking through the list it feels like there was a shortlist of movies selected and then the people filling the roles of the selected movies were automatically selected to fill each nomination.
__________________
My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:07 PM
CoRDS CoRDS is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 18th Jul 2014
Location: act
Posts: 651
Default

only 9 ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:22 PM
BigTransformerTrev's Avatar
BigTransformerTrev BigTransformerTrev is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 2nd Jun 2011
Location: Rylstone
Posts: 7,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
I saw about 5 movies last year, most of those nominated I didn't see. Looking through the list it feels like there was a shortlist of movies selected and then the people filling the roles of the selected movies were automatically selected to fill each nomination.
Yeah I totally agree. A very small range of movies there so it was probably ĎWell, weíve decided TF5 was one of the worst, what categories can we fill from it? Weíve already used Baywatch to fill most of the slotsí
__________________
www.bigangrytrev.com
Join the Trevolution!

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!


Toy Reviews: POTP Punch/Counterpunch

Articles: Video of 100+ Generation Cons, Game App - Bumblebee Overdrive
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:31 PM
Tetsuwan Convoy's Avatar
Tetsuwan Convoy Tetsuwan Convoy is offline
Rank 7 - Section Mod
 
Join Date: 30th Dec 2007
Location: Japanicus Minimus
Posts: 7,040
Default

How do they think that the worst actor can be the same actor from two different movies?

I suspect they are unlikely to be THAT bad in two movies.

That list is awful
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:36 PM
BigTransformerTrev's Avatar
BigTransformerTrev BigTransformerTrev is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 2nd Jun 2011
Location: Rylstone
Posts: 7,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
How do they think that the worst actor can be the same actor from two different movies?

I suspect they are unlikely to be THAT bad in two movies.

That list is awful
Yeah well, when your whole point is to tear down others work rather than create something yourself or look for the good in things, you donít need to put a lot of effort in.

Welcome to the friggin internet eh - supreme home of the Negative Nancyís
__________________
www.bigangrytrev.com
Join the Trevolution!

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!


Toy Reviews: POTP Punch/Counterpunch

Articles: Video of 100+ Generation Cons, Game App - Bumblebee Overdrive
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:39 PM
Ralph Wiggum Ralph Wiggum is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 7th Oct 2015
Location: Perth
Posts: 904
Default

Itís a bit of fun, lighten up
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:52 PM
DELTAprime's Avatar
DELTAprime DELTAprime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 12th Jun 2011
Location: Gladstone
Posts: 4,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
Yeah well, when your whole point is to tear down others work rather than create something yourself or look for the good in things, you donít need to put a lot of effort in.

Welcome to the friggin internet eh - supreme home of the Negative Nancyís
Just pointing out, the Razzies have been around since before the public spread of internet. (1981)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:20 PM
GoktimusPrime's Avatar
GoktimusPrime GoktimusPrime is online now
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Sydney NSW
Posts: 34,446
Default

Also, there are plenty of film festivals and award ceremonies that celebrate movies that are regarded as good, such as the Academy Awards (Oscars), BAFTA, Cannes (etc.) just to name a few. There are even festivals that focus on celebrating short indie films like Tropfest, Sundance and so on. The Razzies are the only festival that gives awards for bad films. I don't imagine that there would be too many others.

And there's nothing wrong with negative criticism as long as it's reasonably justified and ultimately constructive. e.g. George Lucas was given constructive criticism about regarding Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars Prequels, and to Lucas' credit he did take this on board. Jar Jar has limited and far more useful appearances in Attack of the Clones, and he only made a single silent cameo in Revenge of the Sith. And I think that the Razzies are kinda like a parody of the Oscars and all the other award ceremonies and festivals for good films. I doubt that Michael Bay is going to lose any sleep over this.

I think a more damning thing was Nostalgia Critic's Non-Review of The Last Knight. This is a "non" review that he made before the movie was released. Watching it with the hindsight of having seen TLK, it's scary to see how many of his predictions came true. Not all, but a fair number. He came pretty darn close to the mark! And Nostalgia Critic put this video out there effectively as a dare to Michael Bay to prove him wrong. And that's the best thing you can do to silence your critics -- by making a good movie!

gesta non verba ("Deeds not words")
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24th January 2018, 06:03 AM
BigTransformerTrev's Avatar
BigTransformerTrev BigTransformerTrev is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 2nd Jun 2011
Location: Rylstone
Posts: 7,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Just pointing out, the Razzies have been around since before the public spread of internet. (1981)
Well there ya go, didnít know that. Iíd read them for a few years but always online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
And there's nothing wrong with negative criticism as long as it's reasonably justified and ultimately constructive. e.g. George Lucas was given constructive criticism about regarding Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars Prequels, and to Lucas' credit he did take this on board. Jar Jar has limited and far more useful appearances in Attack of the Clones, and he only made a single silent cameo in Revenge of the Sith. And I think that the Razzies are kinda like a parody of the Oscars and all the other award ceremonies and festivals for good films. I doubt that Michael Bay is going to lose any sleep over this.

I think a more damning thing was Nostalgia Critic's Non-Review of The Last Knight. This is a "non" review that he made before the movie was released. Watching it with the hindsight of having seen TLK, it's scary to see how many of his predictions came true. Not all, but a fair number. He came pretty darn close to the mark! And Nostalgia Critic put this video out there effectively as a dare to Michael Bay to prove him wrong. And that's the best thing you can do to silence your critics -- by making a good movie!

gesta non verba ("Deeds not words")
Errrr.... no one said anything about not giving negative feedback to movies or constructive criticism. The most said was by me which was itís easier to rubbish a flick online than try and make something yourself which is pretty true.

What we were saying was it seems to be a very lazy list this year as with thousands of movies from 2017 to choose from and reference they just seemed to select a few big name ones and then use them over and over and over again. That was the point in discussion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
Itís a bit of fun, lighten up
Really? Mr ĎThe government will take your toys! The government will take you toys! Get forms! Get gun safes! The sky is falling!í is telling others to lighten up? Hah - thatís just funny!

Edit: just playing mate - everyone appreciated all the research you put in regarding MP Megs
__________________
www.bigangrytrev.com
Join the Trevolution!

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!


Toy Reviews: POTP Punch/Counterpunch

Articles: Video of 100+ Generation Cons, Game App - Bumblebee Overdrive

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 24th January 2018 at 07:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.