Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Ratbat's Transformers Reviews

Sightings/Sales

View Poll Results: WORTH GETTING?
ME GRIMLOCK KING! 12 80.00%
Only when cheap 2 13.33%
No not this dino bozo 0 0%
I'm more interested in beryllium baloney 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th April 2018, 06:11 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

That is so weird!
Old 1st May 2018, 04:40 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
That is so weird!
I know right, it's like having extra moulded wheels in a bot mode that don't need to be there.

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Old 29th May 2018, 11:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I picked this up at the weekend on the basis that I was close enough to having all the SS figures that I might as well complete the set, and I actually really enjoy it a lot.

The robot mode is freaking cool - I love the amount of detail devoted to something that got essentially 10 seconds of screen time, total. It's incredibly large for a 2018 leader class figure, and I dig the mace/fist. I'm less put off by the fake head than I thought I would be. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age?

Transformation is essentially taken from AOE Scorn - robot legs deform into dino legs, one arm becomes the head, the other arm becomes the tail, and the robot torso becomes the dino ribcage. I think this is also BW Megatron's transformation?

Dino mode looks incredibly menacing. Articulation is probably average. Nothing in the neck, arms at the shoulder, torso swivel along the robot mode shoulder joint, and nothing in the tail. The legs can be worked with, especially if you slightly untransform them to free up otherwise locked up joints.
Old 30th June 2018, 12:24 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
I picked this up at the weekend on the basis that I was close enough to having all the SS figures that I might as well complete the set, and I actually really enjoy it a lot.

The robot mode is freaking cool - I love the amount of detail devoted to something that got essentially 10 seconds of screen time, total. It's incredibly large for a 2018 leader class figure, and I dig the mace/fist. I'm less put off by the fake head than I thought I would be. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age?

Transformation is essentially taken from AOE Scorn - robot legs deform into dino legs, one arm becomes the head, the other arm becomes the tail, and the robot torso becomes the dino ribcage. I think this is also BW Megatron's transformation?

Dino mode looks incredibly menacing. Articulation is probably average. Nothing in the neck, arms at the shoulder, torso swivel along the robot mode shoulder joint, and nothing in the tail. The legs can be worked with, especially if you slightly untransform them to free up otherwise locked up joints.

I'm in the same boat as you - I had every other release already, I've been impressed with those (even Crowbar!) so thought - why not? Especially at the Toyworld sale price of $59.

Very glad I bit on this one. Without a doubt this is the most badass/evil/ominous mainline transformer I've ever seen. This is the sort of thing I'd expect from a third party release, not Hasbro. What's really cool is that I've seen heaps of 10 year olds in the toy shops getting excited about it too.

Now I just have to cross my fingers it's not possessed and tries to kill me in my sleep.
Old 19th July 2018, 08:00 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
I love this guy in BOTH modes.

10/10 would recommend.
Seconded!

If the Dino mode didnít have the odd gaps Iíd almost say this is MP rather than SS worthy!

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!

Toy Reviews: SFII Transformers, POTP Optimal & Unicronus

Articles: TF Fan Interview - Brendan, Hard Times for Aussie Collectors
Old 13th August 2018, 05:17 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Finally opened got around to opening Grimlock over the weekend and I think I can select a lot of the comments already mentioned in this thread. It did prompt me to pull out the leader AOE Grimlock. There really is no comparison.

One is like a care bear and the other is out for blood.

It makes me wonder why they thought the AOE leader (and voyager) could represent the character from the movie.

I love the detail in the sculpt. He just looks brutal.

Id recommend him just so you can pose him next to TLK voyager Optimus.
Old 14th August 2018, 11:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post
It makes me wonder why they thought the AOE leader (and voyager) could represent the character from the movie.
As with many of the toys released at the time of the movies, they were based on concept art, not the final look.

The final look was a lot less knight-themed.
Old 15th August 2018, 12:20 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Another thing to bear in mind is time. They would've only had limited time to develop those toys. Plus Studio Series has the luxury of hindsight. Obviously later toys should be better than previous ones, not vice versa. *cough*Cyberverse*cough*