Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Preview Breakfast - first look at Power of the Primes toys

Titan Master
    Skullgrin

Legends
    Beachcomber (Titanmaster can drive vehicle mode)

Deluxe
    Dreadwing (Combiner Wars Skydive retool)
    Darkwind (Combiner Wars Air Raid retool)
    Jazz

Voyager
    Starscream

Leader
    Rodimus Prime (Removalable Matrix, Deluxe Hot Rod inside)
    Overlord
    That's me done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    My goodness that is an ugly Starscream. My immediate thought is why the boxing gloves and boots? They make robot under the jet syndrome unnecessarily worse.
    Structural support for whatever combiner gimmick they incorporate. Mind you in the Combiner Wars web series he had a full gestalt as each limb... so maybe he really does need some hulking supports

Keen to use that Jazz on my Optimus Prime combiner. Will be a leg next to smokescreen.

Look, I might just be getting old and stupid here, but I'm not really sure what the gimmick is here.

Titan Masters are now Prime Masters, which are little robots that transform into cores that fit inside matrix handles. The little vehicles that Titan Masters used to come with are now pretender shells.

Scout class figures can be used as vehicles for the Prime Masters, just like they could for Titan Masters in TR.

The three deluxes all seem to have combiner pegs? The remolds from CW don't interest me. Jazz looks so-so. Hollow forearms is a minus, as ever. Honestly it reminds me a lot of the FOC Jazz figure in that it looks kind of hollow and insubstantial.

Starscream looks like a fat piece of garbage but hasn't been confirmed as a combiner torso? Either way, it looks garbage.

Leader Rodimus looks genuinely interesting. I'm actually really stoked that the leader class gimmick for at least part of this line is deluxe-ish sized robots with transforming power armour. That tickles me and bravo to Hasbro for that. Hoping for a new Ultra Magnus as this obviously suits him to a tee.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I must say, I think I like Beachcomber... it actually looks like a cross between the Gen1 toy and Gen1 cartoon versions. The original toy was perfect for me, so I have high standards for Beachcomber homages, and none so far have appealed to me.

I am so down for the Beachcomber. Unless they hint at a chrome green version before I can pick it up.

I'm also terrified that Deluxe Hot Rod is a retool of that damn Classics mould.

My reaction thus far: Yawn.

Wake me up when pics of Primal hit the net.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I'm also terrified that Deluxe Hot Rod is a retool of that damn Classics mould.
    It's a new mold, the deluxe legs are the combined mode's shoulders.

Looking at the promotional art for PotP, it makes me wonder if IDW Rodimus will have a new co-captain before next year's PotP crossover

Well I like Skullgrin, but so far the rest of these guys are a snoozefest for me.

Dreadwing and Darkwing are two of my favourite cons from the comic, but I'm not loving them as Titan Returns retools.

And all the others are just the usual cast of Main characaters who get a new toy of them every second year. Yawn!

FatalityPitt Guest

Finally! Rodimus PRIME!

Also, I like how they've brought back the Pretender gimmick (kinda sorta). I'd love to see more figures like Skullgrin. I'll be a happy camper if they give us Crossblades, Doubleheader, Bludegeon, Bomb-Burst, etc in this scale.