Page 389 of 481 FirstFirst ... 369379384385386387388389390391392393394399409 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I am actually really bored right now because I'm on holidays and all my friends are either doing other stuff, or are really lazy and won't respond to my calls of "hey lets hang out"
    Get a hobby...wait you have one!

Seriously, just develop your own self if you are on holidays with nothing to do. Time alone should not be time for being lonely but an opportunity to expand and develop your thoughts and interests.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Fractured a bone in my foot and now I can't walk on it or drive for the next 2-3 weeks. :/ I feel a bit pathetic going about on crutches because of one tiny little break.
    Know how ya feel. I've done something to my foot too, not quite sure what, and it has partially ruined my holidays already. Also may mean I can't do my fighting for rest of the year. Will have to get checked out when I get back from Bathurst. Can't even walk the damn track this year coz of it

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Know how ya feel. I've done something to my foot too, not quite sure what, and it has partially ruined my holidays already. Also may mean I can't do my fighting for rest of the year. Will have to get checked out when I get back from Bathurst. Can't even walk the damn track this year coz of it
    Have fun at Bathurst. Don't set any lounges on fire. They frown upon that these days
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

It never friggin stops! Spent thousands over the school holidays on accountants, dentists, hairdressers, mechanics, services for the chainsaw and mowers, vets etc etc.

Then the back window on our other car wont go up. Book it in today to get serviced and the window repaired and then when I go to start it up it wont turn over! Don't know if its the battery or not since the lights still work but its prob gonna cost me even more once I get the RACV out to repair it enough to get to the mechanics in town

At this rate I'll be able to afford a Mini-Con for myself for Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    If you go each year my sister-in-law lives 4 minutes from the track and next year they are thinking of renting out rooms for people going to the race. Remind me in a year and I'll hit her up for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Have fun at Bathurst. Don't set any lounges on fire. They frown upon that these days
    What, and ruin all my fun?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If you go each year my sister-in-law lives 4 minutes from the track and next year they are thinking of renting out rooms for people going to the race. Remind me in a year and I'll hit her up for ya
    Thanks for the thought, but we camp up on the mountain every year

I read today that the third season of Marvel's Agents of Shield will be screening on Foxtel instead of Channel 7... so even if it does show up on Free-TV later, it will probably be years later.

Channel 7 did well for the first two seasons by screening most episodes within a week or two of America, so the episodes related to Marvel Movies were close enough to the Movie release to be watched while the Movie was in theatres. (like with Avengers 2, the original Helicarrier's sudden appearance was explained in the TV show)

Yet another show that Foxtel have poached that will force thousands of people to downloading it from pirate sites.

If Foxtel ever poach Dr Who for their BBC channel, I will be severely peeved.

Megatran Guest

Free to air is a proving ground for Foxtel to poach successful shows.

I think BBC has some sort of arrangement with the ABC, but don't take that as gospel. I can't stand that young girl assistant to the Who.

I tried to watch Agents of Shield on free to air but gave up with the random night and time slot changes. A with a potentially lower audience that a genre show can get you can expect if it's not an instant hit for it to get pushed back later and later and likely just disappear.

And worse if it's a rating hit you get something like Big Bang Theory. Not a fave but I liked to watch and had to give up because who knew when a new episode would actually air. That got so bad when they'd have two hours of the show with one new episode show at some point in that block.

Foxtel doesn't pull any of that rubbish. A show starts, keeps it time slot and day and a bunch of stuff if fast tracked.

It sucks a bit to have to use Foxtel but at least they provide a consistent service free to air channels don't.

I watch primarily Foxtel, ABC and SBS2 these days and barely any other free to air except occasional background noise while I'm online.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Hmmmm.... I've been following TFA news rumours and leaks something shocking....
    Theres Transformers Animated news and rumours?

Oh hang on a minute....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I tried to watch Agents of Shield on free to air but gave up with the random night and time slot changes. A with a potentially lower audience that a genre show can get you can expect if it's not an instant hit for it to get pushed back later and later and likely just disappear.
    I had that very same issue when Supernatural was on Channel 10. Happily watching one week, then it's off for two weeks, back for one episode, gone for 6 months....

But I think FOxtel's subscriotion bizzo is taking the piss a little bit on the prices. I too ended up watching SBS and ABC most of the time too. Old manage

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And worse if it's a rating hit you get something like Big Bang Theory. Not a fave but I liked to watch and had to give up because who knew when a new episode would actually air. That got so bad when they'd have two hours of the show with one new episode show at some point in that block.
    Or worse, if you aren't a fan and episodes are showing on two rival stations, who are trying to outdo the other with the amount of episodes they can play each week and the amount of advertising they are doing.
    (although, that's a side effect of the new broadcast deal Network 7 has with Warner Brothers, after the 9 Network surrendered their exclusive rights to WB programs in September to free up cash to keep the Rugby League rights - which is why TMZ disappeared in September after several years of filling up 3 hours a day on Channel 99... while 7 appears to have higher standards to not want to play it)