Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wizards of the Coast Transformers card game

well considering Blackwing and Dreadwind are common Character cards its safe to assume you will get both in a booster box

Stunticons are Commons
    Dinobots are Rare
    Constructicons are rare
    Optimus Maximus are Commons
    Predaking are Uncommons
    Aerialbots/Superion are Commons

Springer and Blitzwing are Super Rares along with King Starscream and Windblade

so some will be harder to complete then others...
    Last edited by Sharky; 15th February 2019 at 10:29 AM.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm starting to think we need to watermark the pictures we post. I've discovered my reveal on a YouTube video with no acknowledgement of where they got the info from, and I just saw this latest reveal on Seibertron with no mention that it was Ozformers that broke the story. I'm pretty sure Bladestorm has had similar issues too.

It's great the info is getting out and about, that is why we are being given these reveals after all, but it would be nice for all these other sites and youtubers that pick up the story to at least give some acknowledgement to where they sourced the info from and provide a link to our sites.
    i didnt even know the Con Powermasters where on ozformers exclusive, i discovered them on twitter from another source not a single mention where from
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

You can always lodge a copyright infrigement to youtube and have the video taken down.

I know people have complained about it here before so should work

The official Trading Card Game facebook page shared our Ozformers post, and we are now on their (smallish) page likes listing. (yay )
    The interesting thing that they note, is we revealed the last of the Combiners... which if true, means we won't see any others like Dreadwing, and it throws out the claim that there were 6 combiners, when in fact there were 7.

It should also be noted (which I haven't seen other fansites pick up on, or highlight), is that the Devastator team looks to be a special, separate deck pack (like the Autobot starter pack for series 1), as it has a later release date (March 29th, after the series 2 booster packs being released March 1st), and noted by the official FB page as...
    The Devastator Deck, a standalone deck product is demolishing shelves March 29th in most territories!
    I think that would make sense too, as it would make it easy for people to get a complete combiner during the "Combiner" series, without having to pay hundreds of dollars on booster packs (it could put off people from investing too much into series 2 if they don't think they could possibly get a full combiner team and Enigma card). Having one guaranteed combiner can encourage people to chase up more, or just allow people to buy booster packs without caring if they end up with incomplete teams). It also gives the retailers another boxed pack to sell with the booster packs during series 2.

Aaaand, after I typed all of that, I find this reply by the TCG facebook page to people noting that Devastator was the sixth combiner to be revealed...
    Devastator is a standalone deck product. One more to go in the main set!
    That confirms my guess above, that Dreadwing is one of the six combiners to be released in the Booster packs, and Devastator is an extra combiner that didn't count, because it is being released exclusively as a separate pack.

And... they've released an app for the Trading Card Game called "Transformers TCG Companion App" for both apple and android. It has a card gallery, rules, FAQ and allows you to easily track what cards and teams you have.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm starting to think we need to watermark the pictures we post. I've discovered my reveal on a YouTube video with no acknowledgement of where they got the info from, and I just saw this latest reveal on Seibertron with no mention that it was Ozformers that broke the story. I'm pretty sure Bladestorm has had similar issues too.

It's great the info is getting out and about, that is why we are being given these reveals after all, but it would be nice for all these other sites and youtubers that pick up the story to at least give some acknowledgement to where they sourced the info from and provide a link to our sites.
    At first I felt the same when I saw them on Seibertron, which credited the shared FB post done by the TCG page, and no mention of the original source... but then I realised that I did the same here with some of the reveals by linking to the TFW mirroring of the images (I use them and Seibertron because they are guaranteed to be there for as long as the sites exist (they aren't likely to disappear any time soon), but FB pages, twitter, instagram pages can come and go, based on how long the fan or business running it needs to spend time and money keeping them).

Aside from that... we shouldn't watermark other people's images, particularly official images - I don't like it when Seibertron and Robotkingdom do it, and I will only watermark images that belong to me (my photos, or collages I've done up of official images - and even then, I don't watermark over the object in the image). This goes for any official images Hasbro has given me in the past to share... I know that if I watermark them, I won't get any more official images from them, because they weren't mine to watermark. I'm just asked to share them out as much as possible - not to use them to advertise this site (the attention we get from sites that do credit us is just a bonus, which is basically our "payment" for doing Hasbro a favour).

If you find a site that has used the words in your review (quoted or reworded), then they should credit your posting, because that's your material.

If someone else along the way has watermarked the images for their site, then they will be judged by viewers who can find clean images elsewhere if they do a search.

Hasbro could have done all of the reveals through their own social media pages, but they wanted to use let others share in the fun and look more inclusive of the fans (and make it more of an easter egg hunt to find all of the reveals).

Please understand that I'm not telling anyone off... I think you both did a great job with your reveals, and the guys at Wizards/Hasbro are very happy with what all three of us delivered to help share these images.
    Just don't get too upset about the "downstream" sites and reviews that don't make mention of your posting - it doesn't matter if you don't get 100% of the people viewing the images knowing the first source... after all, if you two got a big increase in traffic to your site like we did with our Ozformers FB posting, that's still a good result - and all those new people who now know about your site or page, some of them may stick around and read through your other stuff.

For me, it doesn't matter how many thousands of people out there now see and share the Dreadwing card images, having 8,000 of them check out my original FB posting in under 24 hours is good enough for me.

On a related note... the Seibertron news posting of the Dreadwing cards (that didn't mention Ozformers), did such a great review of the cards, I'm actually okay with not being credited or linked, as my review would have looked embarrassingly pathetic in comparison. If you have played with the TCG, or want to, have a read of that review, as it really breaks down the specific elements of these two cards. Even the comments by current players on the TFW news posting, have been speculating the best usage of this pair of Decepticons, and how many are looking forward to being able to use them when they come out.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th February 2019 at 10:34 PM.

Apparently a titan sized omega supreme card is on offer in the next lootcrate

https://www.lootcrate.com/crates/loo...n=transformers
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Apparently a titan sized omega supreme card is on offer in the next lootcrate

https://www.lootcrate.com/crates/loo...n=transformers
    Original tweet with image
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I hope it's not exclusive... but if it is a larger card it will be. They are going to be so expensive on the secondary market.... or you'll have to spend money on a box of crap to get it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I hope it's not exclusive... but if it is a larger card it will be. They are going to be so expensive on the secondary market.... or you'll have to spend money on a box of crap to get it first hand.
    there seems to be some confusion at the moment, it is a Lootcrate Exclusive item, in North America,

they are saying in UK and APAC to talk to your card providers about distribution

so i am not sure if it will be in a lootcrate if we order it or not in australia
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Aside from that... we shouldn't watermark other people's images, particularly official images - I don't like it when Seibertron and Robotkingdom do it, and I will only watermark images that belong to me (my photos, or collages I've done up of official images - and even then, I don't watermark over the object in the image). This goes for any official images Hasbro has given me in the past to share... I know that if I watermark them, I won't get any more official images from them, because they weren't mine to watermark. I'm just asked to share them out as much as possible - not to use them to advertise this site (the attention we get from sites that do credit us is just a bonus, which is basically our "payment" for doing Hasbro a favour).
    Yeah fair point

$22 (aud) to get the crate to Australia right now (with discount code LOVE50).

Not bad, but hard to know how good a deal it will end up being when we don't know what the other methods of availability will be.