Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Unite Warriors Computron

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The more I see the two versions the more I think Hasbro's is half assed.

I'm actually thinking about ordering a second UW Devastator for the individual Constructicons so I get your thinking Trev.
    Yeah thats exactly what I did. I have my CW version in combined mode and my UW version as individual bots.

I wanna do the same here but its harder as the UW version is so much better looking both individually and as a gestalt. Think I will use UW Scattershot for the torso and the CW limbs together, with the others as individuals.

The only thing that the CW version has going for it is that little yellow dude who Blaster watched get done in.

A nice set of comparisons of the Hasbro and Japanese Technobots, along with images of the characters from the comic and cartoon.

I'm amazed at how the Japanese Nosecone ends up looking a lot like the original toy/comic, and the Japanese Lightspeed just makes perfect sense at replicating the comic version with the spoiler and "windshield" on the chest. I would have preferred a more mustard colour for Afterburner though, as both toy versions have gone for a red deco. Strafe is the one I am still on the fence about, as the Japanese version is probably the closest to the original, but the hollow arms above the wings spoils it.

That is a really good comparison. I have ordered the Hasbro set, but I may end up getting the Unite Warriors set and use the fists and feet from the Hasbro set.

Only problem that leaves me is that I will have 3 different Scattershots

I'm really on the fence about which version to get, and the comparison photos aren't helping!

Getting the Takara version might be the only way to get the bike and shuttle moulds in one easy package, but then I miss out on the tank mould. But I've heard the tank mould isn't all that, plus it is relatively readily available at local retail. But the Hasbro version has that cool Scrounge redeco, plus the new hands and feet. It's a really tough choice, especially when aiming for mould completion of the series!

Really liking the unite colors and molds but prefer the fists and feet from CW. They're forcing us to get both lol. It's probably mentioned somewhere but is scrounge only being sold in the cw set or will he be sold separately at some point? They probably won't sell scrounge as part of the unite series considering he was only in the US comic series?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    That is a really good comparison. I have ordered the Hasbro set, but I may end up getting the Unite Warriors set and use the fists and feet from the Hasbro set.

Only problem that leaves me is that I will have 3 different Scattershots
    I've also ordered the Hasbro version. TakaraTOMY version seems sold out everywhere. If I happen to get one, I might display the Hasbro version hasN Computron and TakarTOMY's as individual Technobots, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to hunt down a TakTOM version. I'll be in Japan in late Sept/early Oct so maybe if I can still find one then. <shrugs>

As a fan of the G1 comics, I'm still really super looking forward to getting Scrounge! But yeah, also no idea what I'm gonna do with my third wheel Scattershot. I'm currently keeping it loose in box.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've also ordered the Hasbro version. TakaraTOMY version seems sold out everywhere. If I happen to get one, I might display the Hasbro version hasN Computron and TakarTOMY's as individual Technobots, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to hunt down a TakTOM version. I'll be in Japan in late Sept/early Oct so maybe if I can still find one then. <shrugs>

As a fan of the G1 comics, I'm still really super looking forward to getting Scrounge! But yeah, also no idea what I'm gonna do with my third wheel Scattershot. I'm currently keeping it loose in box.
    I'm in the same boat. If this version turned into a gun emplacement it would be perfect to display next to everything else.

As it is I think I'll pass my extra one on to my son

That did it. I need that UW Computron

Anyone had experience ordering UW box sets from amiami before? Wondering how much postage would be?

My parents are going to Japan next week and I was thinking about asking them to get me UW Computicon, but then of course, I remembered that this toy doesn't come out until the end of August (that's why they're called pre-orders, duh! ). Although I'll be in Japan in late Sept to early Oct, so I might try and see if I can find one then.