22 43.14%
  • In 2D

25 49.02%
  • At home on DVD/BluRay

0 0%
  • I don't want to watch it at all

4 7.84%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you want to watch DOTM: 3D or 2D?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    Bay said you MUST see this movie in 3D, it was made to be viewed like that. Now I'll be the first to admit he talks a lot of crap but I'll take his word this time.
    It probably doesn't hurt that films in 3D add a bit extra to the gate without needing more bums on seats.

Are you renting those 3d glasses at the cinema?
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

2d all the way.

3D at the moment, feels like a cheap hollywood gimmick to me, occasionally it adds depth to a scene, I felt it was done well in UP, fairly well in Avatar, but I had a great feeling of depth in the Phantom Menace when the star fighters flew out of the hangar on the cliff face and there was a top down view of the really deep valley, I actually got sweaty hands. There were no 3D glasses in that movie.

I normally wear glasses, so having to wear 3D glasses on top is a pain in the ears and on the bridge of my nose. Paying extra for a slight increase in picture depth, and 2 hours of discomfort just doesn't add up for me.

The biggest problem I'm probably going to have is if like Thor, TF3 is only relesed in 2D in a select few cinemas. then I'll just have to suck it up and watch it in 3D.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Do you have to pay to 'rent' the glasses?
    Is this on top of the 3D surcharge?

On an unrelated note: guess how many 3D films I've seen recently.

cinema's are trying to get you to keep your 3d glasses and bring them with you each visit.

or it costs $1 to buy them each time you go... recycling bins are at the exit.

janda

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    2d all the way.

3D at the moment, feels like a cheap hollywood gimmick to me
    That's because it is a cheap gimmick.
    This is the 3rd go around for 3D (mid 50's & early 80's being the other 2).

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    cinema's are trying to get you to keep your 3d glasses and bring them with you each visit.

or it costs $1 to buy them each time you go... recycling bins are at the exit.

janda
    why can't you just take a pair and re-use it instead of paying $1 each time you watch a movie? Do this 3d glasses expire so it's one time use and off to the recycling bin?
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    2d all the way.

3D at the moment, feels like a cheap hollywood gimmick to me, occasionally it adds depth to a scene, I felt it was done well in UP, fairly well in Avatar, but I had a great feeling of depth in the Phantom Menace when the star fighters flew out of the hangar on the cliff face and there was a top down view of the really deep valley, I actually got sweaty hands. There were no 3D glasses in that movie.

I normally wear glasses, so having to wear 3D glasses on top is a pain in the ears and on the bridge of my nose. Paying extra for a slight increase in picture depth, and 2 hours of discomfort just doesn't add up for me.

The biggest problem I'm probably going to have is if like Thor, TF3 is only relesed in 2D in a select few cinemas. then I'll just have to suck it up and watch it in 3D.
    +1

So if I buy a Transformers Cine-Mask and bring it to all future 3D movies, they'll charge me $1 less?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So if I buy a Transformers Cine-Mask and bring it to all future 3D movies, they'll charge me $1 less?

Ever since watching Eyes Wide SHut out of curiosity I can't look at people with those type of masks again with a straight face...