Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gobots finally making a return?

finally got the first 3, well technically , 2, 3 and 4... for some reason #1 Cykill isn't issued out yet.

Has some diecast parts, poseable but Leader 1 has a bit of kibble that gets in the way of poseability. The plastic quality is like that of Gundam kits, not so thick. Ill try to take more pics in the morning when there's more natural light.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

My 01 Bike Robo (Cy-Kill) finally arrived, after being shipped from BBTS 4 weeks ago. Ridiculous wait, but well worth it. Great little figure!

If anyone is interested I've managed to get my hands on the whole series in pretty watchable quality.

I haven't watched the whole series yet but the episodes I've watched are really good quality.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Review of the DX version of Bike Robo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAn1diSgKOA

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Review of the DX version of Bike Robo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAn1diSgKOA
    Can't wait for this. Looks so incredible.

Finally got my DX Bike Robo... what an amazing figure. It's pretty big too. Conversion (transformation) is really cool, and fun! Figure is solidly built, and looks amazing in both modes, especially with the Cy-Kill faces.

From SDCC this weekend, comes news that IDW will be doing a Go-Bots comic starting this October.

SAN DIEGO, CA (July 20, 2018) – IDW Publishing is proud to announce that Tom Scioli, the visionary creator that brought you Transformers vs. G.I. Joe, will unleash his imagination on the wonderful world of Go-Bots! Launching in October, Go-Bots will be the first story to feature classic toy and cartoon characters like Leader-1, Scooter, Turbo, and Cy-Kill’s Renegades in over three decades!

In the new five-issue series, the existence of Go-Bots on Earth has changed humans’ way of life. They chauffeur us around. They protect us from harm. They do the jobs that are too boring or dangerous for us. They fight our wars for us. They are friends for the lonely. The only thing they don’t do is dream for us… but that could change any day now. For a generation, Leader-1 and the Guardians have said that they were here to help us… but as they become more integrated into our society, the question must be asked: Are they here to replace us?

“This is a dream project – I’m writing, drawing, coloring, and hand-lettering this book. It’s a labor of love,” says Scioli. “When these characters were conceived of in the ’80s, the idea of robots with human personalities was science fiction. Now, it’s history. The world of living machines is here – we’re living it. The time is right for Go-Bots!”

“Avant-garde creator Tom Scioli has been pushing the comic book storytelling medium for nearly two decades now and his work on Go-Bots is yet another watershed moment in his career,” says IDW Associate Publisher David Hedgecock. “It is a testament to the strong collaboration between IDW Publishing and Hasbro, that projects like this can exist on licensed properties.”

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/19/sd...ne-robo-307917

Meanwhile in japan bandai are having a crack at machine robo themselves.

Clearly a re-imagining of sorts...I think, that cykill/bike robo got katoki'd badly :S

So is there a streaming service or something where I can watch some of the Gobots cartoons to see what the show was like?

I've only ever seen a couple of really cheesy clips of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/19/sd...ne-robo-307917

Meanwhile in japan bandai are having a crack at machine robo themselves.

Clearly a re-imagining of sorts...I think, that cykill/bike robo got katoki'd badly :S
    These look like extreme anime parodies of themselves ... just terrible.

BTW, is there any news on when Action Toys MR Blue Jet will be released? I've been waiting for preorders to appear for two years.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!