View Poll Results: Beast Hunters Huffer - worth getting?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 22.22%
  • Only if...

1 11.11%
  • Na

6 66.67%
  • Are you freaking kidding me? No way man!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Beast Hunters Huffer

Default Toy Review - Beast Hunters Huffer

Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Beast Hunters
    Size/class - Commander
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of BH Trailcutter
    Released here - yep
    Approximate Retail Price - $16
    Approximate Size – 8cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - ATV
    Main Colours – Orange, Blue
    Main Accessories – Roadshark Missile launcher

Huffer is a redeco of BH Trailcutter, which was a remould of RiD Ironhide, which was a miniature version of RiD Deluxe Kup . So it’s possible he may be the last we see of this mould getting used..... for now

What can we say about this toy? The colouring and character description are very much an homage to the G1 Huffer character, but the vehicle mode does not really suit Huffer as much as it does Trailcutter. In that regard the PCC version of Huffer is far superior. Also his optics are very weird in robot mode – looks like a negative of Dame Edna Everage

He has an ok alt mode, which is essentially RiD Ironhide’s alt-mode with a bunch of spikes and a snowplow/cow catcher bunged on the front. Conversion is fairly simple and intuitive for a toy this size.

Worth getting? Well, to be honest I grabbed him simply because I was visiting the big city and was determined to find a couple of toys on the trip, and also my long-awaited Trailcutter figure had yet to arrive from Amazon (just turned up today ). Otherwise it’s a very ‘if you feel like it’ character to grab. Not bad, but certainly to my mind the weakest use of the mould.

I really wish that they just left it as a repaint instead of the additional plastic work. I would have bought them both if that was the case.

I agree with stated sentiments, I have ironhide and Trailbreaker in this mold, the spikes don't do anything for me, so I'll most likely be skipping it, especially with those eyes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The original, full size, version of the design (AM Ironhide/BH Kup) is one of my fave Prime deluxes but not sure about getting smaller spiker versions. However...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Also his optics are very weird in robot mode – looks like a negative of Dame Edna Everage
    now I kind of want to get this toy and have him say "Hello Possums" to the other Beast Hunters toys.

Initially I left this one on the shelf, but reluctantly. I went back and bought it a week later. If I'm being honest, I probably bought it due to its clear G1 reference, but I'm a sucker for garish '80s colours!

That said, I think it has a good robot mode and an interesting variation for the alt. mode. Combine these with dayglo orange and a pair of possum welcoming optics - what's not to like?

I thought about getting this but since I already have PCC Huffer (which looks better), decided not to. I have nothing against this Huffer apart from it being the 3rd repaint.