Page 99 of 183 FirstFirst ... 7989949596979899100101102103104109119 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The only MP Beast War I would get is MP 309 Waspinator.
    A piece of him will come with each Mp from the new Hotrod to MP-46 Erector

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Manterror was actually a Hasbro Beast Wars toy, of a preying mantis.
    Actually called a praying mantis as someone thought that the folded forelegs make the insect look like it's praying. But preying mantis is absolutely a more accurately descriptive name for such an incredible predator.

UltimateGalvatron: Waspinator's Japanese name is "Waspeetar."

My FE Terrorcon Cliffjumper has crumbled to dust (not really, but the clear plastic attaching the head to the ball joint has broken and glue doesn't seem to be fixing it). This after I broke it pretty much out of the package (by forcing it, so I didn't feel right returning it). I am sad as it is a nice toy. I might replace it in future with a different version of the mould.

Anyone need a junker FE Cliffjumper?

The fandom is boring me lately with all its bitchyness. I mean, I'll pick on Funpub as much as anyone but the other aspects like whinging about:

Colour being slightly off
    Character choice in MP line
    Accessory inclusion
    Hating on series X because it's not series Y
    Hating on RID2015
    Alt mode not being what it was in G1
    Geewuning
    Etc

The worst by far is the official vs 3rd party crap. It's not a competition people!!

FFS grow up. Anyone that types a wall of text, which surely took a significant amount of time, to explain why toy X is better than toy Y, needs to get a life. Seriously, it's a toy.

We need the Internet equivalent of a natural disaster to thin the population a bit. Hopefully the next 4 movies will have that effect.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

On one hand, fans complain about stuff because they care so passionately and deeply about it, which is cool. But everything in moderation. But if you think Transformers fans are bad, I think some sports fans are much worse. I shared the cinema with Michael Bay, Megan Fox and Rachael Taylor at the Sydney premiere of TF1. The audience was well behaved. Nobody swore or abused Bay or the actresses. And as bad as the sequels are, TF fans don't go into a violent rage at the end of a Michael Bay film, burning down the cinema, assaulting other cinema patrons, or even crushed or beaten to death! I recently found out that some sports fans even suffer heart attacks because they get so emotion when watching a sports match! And some of these people have been ordered by their doctors not to watch live games. So yeah, as bad as toy fans can get, we're no where NEAR as bad as sports fans. The kind of language and behaviour that I've witnessed from grown adults at matches is nothing short of disgusting.

Well Transformers may have just ended a friendship for me

Not going on school camp but most of my students were. One who I took last year loved going to Minotaur and Comics R Us in Melb and kept saying "I'll go to those stores again Mr Hopkins and get your comics for you". I kept politely declining. Then the afternoon before camp he said "You know Ms E's son is going as a staff member, I could go with him!". I actually thought that was a great idea as I am/was close friends with him and he loves all that kind of stuff. So I gave his mum $20 and texted him the 3 comics I wanted (TF 45, MTMTE 45 and Windblade 7) and said I hope he and the kids enjoy visiting those stores.

Got the most abusive message from him last night, talking about me manipulating students in order to "pettily manipulate" him to get comics because I knew the kid would stress about it until he got them and I was only interested in getting my comics and not he kids enjoyment and I was full of bullsh*t etc etc.

Texted him back that he was WAY out of line, that it had been the students idea (which he voiced in front of two other staff members so I have witnesses) which I thought was good so I wasn't manipulating kids or him and that I had told him previously he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to, I just thought they would all enjoy visiting the comic stores! Also told him how I could easily have ordered the comics online and had them delieved to me for nearly the same price etc so it's not like I was desperate enough for them to act like a "Petty manipulator".

Haven't heard back but I didn't sleep last night because this stressed me out so much. I don't know if he is going through pot withdrawls or this is his autisms version of 'time of the month' or something but yep - 3 TF comics just cost me a friendship.

But you know what, though I'm still stressing about it, I don't think if this is the abusive way he is going to treat me that the friendship is worth maintaining anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The fandom is boring me lately with all its bitchyness. I mean, I'll pick on Funpub as much as anyone but the other aspects like whinging about:

Colour being slightly off
    Character choice in MP line
    Accessory inclusion
    Hating on series X because it's not series Y
    Hating on RID2015
    Alt mode not being what it was in G1
    Geewuning
    Etc

The worst by far is the official vs 3rd party crap. It's not a competition people!!

FFS grow up. Anyone that types a wall of text, which surely took a significant amount of time, to explain why toy X is better than toy Y, needs to get a life. Seriously, it's a toy.

We need the Internet equivalent of a natural disaster to thin the population a bit. Hopefully the next 4 movies will have that effect.
    Amen brother !!!!!!!! PREACH IT
    Could not have said that better myself. It is the major reason i use this board less and less as i joined as a TF enthusiast and to enjoy my time on here not to read pages of whinging and negativity and the length of some posts are borderline ridiculous.

If i had just joined this board recently i would have left already.... lucky i like a couple of you nerds

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well Transformers may have just ended a friendship for me

Not going on school camp but most of my students were. One who I took last year loved going to Minotaur and Comics R Us in Melb and kept saying "I'll go to those stores again Mr Hopkins and get your comics for you". I kept politely declining. Then the afternoon before camp he said "You know Ms E's son is going as a staff member, I could go with him!". I actually thought that was a great idea as I am/was close friends with him and he loves all that kind of stuff. So I gave his mum $20 and texted him the 3 comics I wanted (TF 45, MTMTE 45 and Windblade 7) and said I hope he and the kids enjoy visiting those stores.

Got the most abusive message from him last night, talking about me manipulating students in order to "pettily manipulate" him to get comics because I knew the kid would stress about it until he got them and I was only interested in getting my comics and not he kids enjoyment and I was full of bullsh*t etc etc.

Texted him back that he was WAY out of line, that it had been the students idea (which he voiced in front of two other staff members so I have witnesses) which I thought was good so I wasn't manipulating kids or him and that I had told him previously he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to, I just thought they would all enjoy visiting the comic stores! Also told him how I could easily have ordered the comics online and had them delieved to me for nearly the same price etc so it's not like I was desperate enough for them to act like a "Petty manipulator".

Haven't heard back but I didn't sleep last night because this stressed me out so much. I don't know if he is going through pot withdrawls or this is his autisms version of 'time of the month' or something but yep - 3 TF comics just cost me a friendship.

But you know what, though I'm still stressing about it, I don't think if this is the abusive way he is going to treat me that the friendship is worth maintaining anyway
    That sucks man.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I've always found it disheartening to read people harshing on something that I particularly like. Would this be a part of what you are talking about? something that you are optimistic about and other people are clearly negative about it for reasons you don't really see?

I know people get picky about a perceived aspect of a toy that there is little information about but I wonder if that's a by product of the internet making everything more accessible, and the general population being more impatient as a result, wanting everything now,now,now. It does frustrate the crap out of me, the expectation that 'HASTAK aren't producing a figure now so I have to get an independent product to stand in for it'. Peoples money is theirs to spend how they see fit but wow, if HASTAK produced every transformer as a Masterpiece that I wanted to buy in the next 2 years, I'd be eating noodles for the rest of my life and living on a single lung.

Toys are serious business bro.

And I think your frustration at other peoples pickiness/impatience is a sign that you're getting old. (it takes one to know one)

And you're forgiven for being jealous of people whos typing skills are so leet that a wall of text is something that just happens

@Trev, mate that's a fairly intense change of heart from your 'friend' who probably should know you better than that. try not to stress too hard, all good friendships sort themselves out.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    @Trev, mate that's a fairly intense change of heart from your 'friend' who probably should know you better than that. try not to stress too hard, all good friendships sort themselves out.
    Its a good indication of why people with Autism in paritcular should not smoke marijuana - it messes up their brains and then turns them into abusive buttholes.

And to think, I let him handle my Stunticons