Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I was really excited when I glanced at Deluxe Windrazor and Twinstrike on that list, but when I looked more closely... seriously? Hasbro is now doing what bootleggers are doing to their toys now by creating their own 'oversized' versions???
    The combiner pegs on Sinnertwin also appear to be proportionately shorter than his Legion version. No Deluxe Abominus?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The combiner pegs on Sinnertwin also appear to be proportionately shorter than his Legion version. No Deluxe Abominus?
    That's enough to make me cry I suppose those combiner pegs weren't originally designed to carry the weight of a Deluxe-scaled combiners.

The Legion Terrorcon repaints look interesting enough though.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

11:08

Talking about how they dislke the overly complicated Transformers transformations. Comparing a Movie 3 instruction sheets with a G1 Wheeljack instruction sheet. They want to get back to kids playing on the floors and easier transformations.
    Taken from the new product panel coverage over at TFW. I think they managed to render 30 years of enginnering advancement moot just by comparing a G1 instruction sheet to a modern one (not to mention the DotM line was already toned down significantly in engineering complexity). Well done Hasbro. If this is the direction future main lines are headed you better keep those Generations goodness coming

People are looking at it wrong - MOST (not all) of the toys are simpler to make them as playable as they were when we were kids and could convert toys in a couple seconds.

AND the simpler design and development means the toys are A LOT BIGGER for that size class. Deluxes are about the size of recent Voyagers, while the Voyager Predaking is close to the size of the Ultimate.

These are better value toys, and going to be more fun to play with... while also giving us the various "puzzle" toys as well.

It's a good thing, for the Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    People are looking at it wrong - MOST (not all) of the toys are simpler to make them as playable as they were when we were kids and could convert toys in a couple seconds.
    I was just about to post that I'd changed my opinion on the new BH deluxe. My nephew would get a kick out of this and seeing as this is the first wave of upsized figs there's nothing to say that Hasbro won't add knees and elbows (or a neck)

A lot of repaints

I think the upscaled TerrorPredacons look cool. I'd like if we got the other guys made bigger as well, even if they didn't combine.

AND the simpler design and development means the toys are A LOT BIGGER for that size class. Deluxes are about the size of recent Voyagers, while the Voyager Predaking is close to the size of the Ultimate.

These are better value toys, and going to be more fun to play with... while also giving us the various "puzzle" toys as well.

I agree that it's a good thing for the brand and I'm all for Hasbro making big money, by whatever means necessary.

But better value or more fun? Guess that depends. There are children who actually enjoy more complex transformation and good engineering (maybe not the majority these days though seeing how Hasbro make this kind of decisions by observing children's play pattern) more than size. I know I did.

I think the PRiD line yielded some good examples with their simpler and "fun to transform" design trend and in these figures I see a good balance between show accuracy and easy, fun transformaton. Now they are just taking it a bit too far imo. It would be sad if they do the same thing to deluxes and voyagers in future lines. So much for intricate and innovative engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    But better value or more fun? Guess that depends. There are children who actually enjoy more complex transformation and good engineering (maybe not the majority these days though seeing how Hasbro make this kind of decisions by observing children's play pattern) more than size. I know I did.
    I wonder when these observations took place, as within the same toy series you have one of the better examples of modern engineering figures to date - Prime First Edition.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I think the problem is the lack of articulation. I have no problem with simplified toys, especially if they are based off of the IMO awesome Cyberverse figures, but they need to do more than just upscale them. It might well be the case that kids have more fun playing with figures that are easier to transform, but kids also like figures that are poseable. The new Optimus and Predaking both look pretty good in this regard, but the deluxes need elbow and knee joints at very least.