Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay to do TMNT

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My guess is if you're asking people on this forum which they prefer the majority are going to select the first picture because it's what most of us grew up with (if going by Trev's 'Average age of your Transformers Fan/Ozformers Member'). I would too. But I'm open to change and interpretation. We went through the same thing when images of TF1 were released and Optimus Prime had a mouth. We're all used to it by now. It's a generational thing.
    I am not used to Prime's mouth

I reposted that from FB. I think the comparison is interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    We went through the same thing when images of TF1 were released and Optimus Prime had a mouth. We're all used to it by now. It's a generational thing.
    The mouth is the least of the problems I have adjusting to the movieverse Prime. It's the fact that he's a bloodthirsty, merciless and extremely destructive killing machine that only sees issues in black and white.

The biggest problem I have with this new April is that she is a journalist/reporter that's using a cameraphone to record the scoop of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    The biggest problem I have with this new April is that she is a journalist/reporter that's using a cameraphone to record the scoop of the century
    Don't worry, Will Arnett's in the movie as Vern, April's cameraman. Proper cameraman, not smartphone user. He's just not in this trailer.

The mouth is the least of the problems I have adjusting to the movieverse Prime. It's the fact that he's a bloodthirsty, merciless and extremely destructive killing machine that only sees issues in black and white.
    This attitude amuses me. How would you have someone who has watched his enemies destroy his entire planet and race over a period of millennia act?

You'd be out there claiming decepticon faces left right and centre too
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So an accurate interpretation of the newest generation of journalists?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    This attitude amuses me. How would you have someone who has watched his enemies destroy his entire planet and race over a period of millennia act?

But Optimus Prime in the original cartoons and comics was our Generation's Superman - he stood for everything that was right, and taking a life was a last-resort... even to the point of sacrificing his own life if it was the honourable thing to do (Marvel Gen1 #24).
    If a new Superman movie was produced that had him killing offenders, or even trying to kill Lex Luthor, there would be an outrage, because that is not the "pure" character that Superman stands for that inspired so many kids (and some grown-ups).
    You trust him because he has never broken that faith in him.
    The character of Optimus Prime in probably every incarnation before Bay got his hands onto it, was similarly one that fans could look up to, as a "hero" who never compromised his honour to defeat the enemy.
    To Bay, Optimus was just another "wild west, gun-toting American".

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But Optimus Prime in the original cartoons and comics was our Generation's Superman - he stood for everything that was right, and taking a life was a last-resort... even to the point of sacrificing his own life if it was the honourable thing to do (Marvel Gen1 #24).
    If a new Superman movie was produced that had him killing offenders, or even trying to kill Lex Luthor, there would be an outrage, because that is not the "pure" character that Superman stands for that inspired so many kids (and some grown-ups).
    You trust him because he has never broken that faith in him.
    The character of Optimus Prime in probably every incarnation before Bay got his hands onto it, was similarly one that fans could look up to, as a "hero" who never compromised his honour to defeat the enemy.
    To Bay, Optimus was just another "wild west, gun-toting American".
    And that is awesome about Prime, but how many cybertronian and human lives have his morals cost? Prime has had countless chances to kill Megatron in every continuity, but his inaction has ALWAYS gone on to cost many more lives. Quite personally while I admire Prime's values, I wouldn't follow him. He is an ineffective leader, time and again putting his morals above the lives of those he is trying to protect.

Hence why I love Dai Atlas. There was a bot who could get shit done!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Some Splinter action in this new TV ad for the movie http://youtu.be/LKj86rl4gPQ

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Some Splinter action in this new TV ad for the movie http://youtu.be/LKj86rl4gPQ
    I can barely see him but from what I could make out, he seems to be a Chinese 'Fu-ManChu' stereotype.

So our champion is a mentally scarred war-hero? A robotic Frank Castle?
    Frank Castle is the Punisher to save some a google search

And that is awesome about Prime, but how many cybertronian and human lives have his morals cost? Prime has had countless chances to kill Megatron in every continuity, but his inaction has ALWAYS gone on to cost many more lives. Quite personally while I admire Prime's values, I wouldn't follow him. He is an ineffective leader, time and again putting his morals above the lives of those he is trying to protect.
    By your logic the best thing Prime could ever have done was simply to step aside and let Megatron win. Honestly this would save the most lives however the quality of those lives may be brought to question. Many real-world leaders and un-sung heroes have done this in our history. Anyway makes for a crap movie and we're not here to debate philosophy

Back to TMNT

I hope Splinter gets some decent screen time and doesn't become a macguffin the turtles need to rescue. It would be great if we get a master yoda type treatment where we see him completely dominate some foot.