Page 918 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 898908913914915916917918919920921922923928938 ... LastLast
Results 9,171 to 9,180 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    RE: reports of MP36's barrel being prone to chipping

Would a spray-on sealant (e.g. purity seal) help to make the vulnerable area more resistant to chipping?
    If you mean for when fitting the silencer, then probably not. Putting another coat of anything on will only make things worse as it will build up the circumference (even by the slightest) of the already too big barrel and make the fit tighter, and cause more chipping/scraping.

If you mean just to protect it against normal transformation/posing/playing/etc. then it might help. But as I mentioned above, it would make it harder and riskier to fit the silncer.

[EDIT] Ninja'd by kurdt

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Probably not too many here got it when it was released, as it was the toy for the 2004 Official Convention (in the same year as the final Hartman BotCon).
    One Australian went to the 2004 Official Convention (Finback in Perth), so he might have one as well, but I think if there are many here, they may
    have been chased up after the event.
    As you may expect, I have one, but since I didn't go to the Official Convention (I went to BotCon that year), I think I must have pre-ordered
    it as a non-attending preregistrant, because I remember getting the Sentinel Maximus toy in the mail from Hasbro (who mailed out the
    pre-ordered toys, due to them not being ready for the Convention, and Glen Hallit's company folding). So if I got one as a non-attending
    pre-registrant, I must have pre-ordered both.

Mine came from eBay many moons ago....

Some paints can be dry but not fully cured. It might be worth leaving your MP megs in a warm environment for a week or two to ensure the paint is fully cured. IE, behind the window in your house so the afternoon sun warms it up.

it's a long shot, it might make no difference at all. and if you're worried about long term yellowing, a week or two shouldn't really have any long term effects.

just a suggestion.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I just became aware of the existence of Universe Megazarak. I love that mould and those colours look fantastic on it.

Did many end up with Australian collectors? I found it by accident browsing TFWiki and have never heard it mentioned so I assume it's kinda scarce.
    There's one on eBay right now (but for $270!).

In one of the older comics (not sure if dreamwave or idw)I seem to remember someone having a sharkticon as a pet or guard dog or something? In a sewer hideout? Ring any bells?
    Just wondering what happened to it and if it is any relation to the sharkticons in the current Optimus prime comic.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    In one of the older comics (not sure if dreamwave or idw)I seem to remember someone having a sharkticon as a pet or guard dog or something? In a sewer hideout? Ring any bells?
    Just wondering what happened to it and if it is any relation to the sharkticons in the current Optimus prime comic.
    Yep, Wheelie had Gnaw as a companion in the second Dreamwave G1 series. No relation to the IDW Sharkticons.

Has anyone bought one of the TR Legends Brawn floating round from China on eBay? Can't tell if it's legit, because it's a nice price from what I can see.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Im just waiting for it to come locally. I dont trust alot of the chinese sellers.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Has anyone bought one of the TR Legends Brawn floating round from China on eBay? Can't tell if it's legit, because it's a nice price from what I can see.
    Picked up Brawn and Roadburn at the end of January. Both came fully packaged, and looked legit to me. No excessive looseness or defects I could detect. The paint on Roadburn's face seemed a little thick, but judging by other photos going around that seems to be how it is supposed to be. Paid about $35 for the pair of them.

Am I the only one that's hoping Amazon Australia themselves or a 3rd party seller on Amazon Australia stocks Takara Tomy Transformers making them a better local one stop shop for Transformers than PC?