Thread: Paint and airbrushing tips and advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FatalityPitt Guest

If anyone in Melbourne is looking for paints, brushes, etc, for customising; there's a pretty good shop on Swanston Street (near Flinders St Station) called Metro Hobbies. They got Tamiya and Mr.Hobby paints (enamel and acryllic), spray paint, etc. They also sell lots of model kits like Gundams if you're into those.

Riot Art (country wide art supply chain) has a deal at the moment (until 15/8/17 if memory serves) that if you spend $30 on paint brushes, you get another $30 worth free. They have a pretty extensive range. I went there today and am now set for a good couple of years I reckon.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

So I am finally in the airbrush crew.

My work gave me a prepaid credit card with some cash on it to say thank you for picking up the slack left by others and doing a couple of interstate trips and a heap of report writing.

Picked up a $99 Aldi compressor with a tank the other week. It came with a single action siphon airbrush which I didn't realise until I opened the box. I also have in transit an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS with hose, some fittings and other accessories. I also have a regulator/water trap coming from another place.

Need to get some pipettes, some paints, gun cleaner and whatever else I have forgotten. Once I have things together it is look out M-Bot.

cool, it's something I'd like to get into, maybe I'll have a bit more space for that in a little while.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

To anyone interested, the Aldi at The Pines in Doncaster has about 8 of the Airbrush Compressors with the tank and siphon airbrush in their clearance area.

I didn't see the price but it should be less than the $99 I paid. They also have black, white, red, yellow, blue, green, silver and gold airbrush paint for $1 a bottle.

If anyone wants me to grab one for them and hold on to it until they can pick it up I am happy to. They had about 6 boxes of the paints with four of each colour in a box except the metallic colours where there are two of each.

Had a look tonight. They are $69.

That's a great price for a reasonable quality set up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)