Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IDW - life after Dark Cybertron

Default IDW - life after Dark Cybertron

Some comments from story writers James Roberts and John Barber have given us some details of how much the Dark Cybertron story arc will cross between the two series, and, revealing that after the 12 issue story is completed, there will be a third ongoing to run alongside the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    revealing that after the 12 issue story is completed, there will be a third ongoing to run alongside the other two.
    Now THAT wasn't expected...

Here's the full interview if anyone is interested.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So, I'm right into MTMTE but never started RID

Is the general opinion that I should quickly binge through RID before the crossover ?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by serialmonkey View Post
    So, I'm right into MTMTE but never started RID

Is the general opinion that I should quickly binge through RID before the crossover ?

M.
    Not at all. It was about 5 months worth of plot, dragged out to about 18 months of releases with a gentle smattering of Orion Pax issues one every few months.

Save your time and money and just Tfwiki it, as it seems the RiD side of events is tying more into the Furmanverse "ations" books than anything RiD ever truly did.

A promo image has been released by IDW, teasing the direction of their Transformers comics after Dark Cybertron has ended (in March).

Not sure if it counts as a spoiler if this is going to be advertised by IDW... but the possible setting of the next phase of IDW Transformers looks to be a little closer to home (after quite a few issues on Cybertron and in space).

I stopped buying the Dark Cybertron issues after issue 1. Thought I'd wait for the trade paperback instead...

For those of you that have read it, is the story worth buying for? Because I don't find myself missing my TF comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I stopped buying the Dark Cybertron issues after issue 1. Thought I'd wait for the trade paperback instead...

For those of you that have read it, is the story worth buying for? Because I don't find myself missing my TF comics.
    We are halfway through and learnt next to nothing, bar that issues missing a MtMtE sequence or three is noticeably awful and that Shockwave is a Bond villain.

It could all turn around but so far it feels like a comic to sell toys rather than a comic featuring toys.

On the positive side, I saw this quoted on the IDW forums from James Roberts on Twitter

"And we have lift off! @TheJohnBarber has just approved the individual story outlines for issues #31 to #54 of MTMTE. N-World, here we come!"
    So there's that to look forward to.

#54... another 2 years of stories! Awesome.

Two more teaser images for life after Dark Cybertron have been released by IDW.

The first one above teased that Optimus could be returning to Earth.

The second one has Windblade
    , who will be the new "Drift", so will be heavily featured over the next year.

The third one would have to be a bit of a spoiler, as a certain character looks to be joining the MTMTE series (the one with the Lost Light), AND sporting an Autobot symbol.
    (probably best not to look if you are reading the series)