Page 198 of 481 FirstFirst ... 178188193194195196197198199200201202203208218 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I feel your pain Arcee. For the past month, I've been being treated for a combination of viral infection, digestive fungal infection, digestive bacterial infection and digestive parasitic infection. Looks like everything but the fungal infection has been mostly cleared up, but I just got hit with more expenses I wasn't counting on, that and the treatment leaves me feeling drained alot of the time.
    Things can only get better!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sounds like things haven't been a lot of fun man.
    Yeah but as the old saying goes, no pain no gain right?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Things can only get better!
    Exactly. As your gut makes up 85% of your immune system; once this is done I should have a new lease on life.

bowspearer Guest

When will some drivers realise that the yellow line at the front of a car parking space is where you're meant to keep your whole car behind and not put half of your front wheel over?

FRAK!!!!

Due to someone parking awkwardly at my unit block and me trying to maneuver around them in a very narrow drive way, I ended up scratching the rear left door of my car in a brick wall corner!!

I tried applying that polish that you get when you buy the car and it ended up making it worse by dulling the whole paint job!! DAMN!!!

Thankfully the damage is to the paint alone so the door itself is ok. I am hoping to go to Auto Cheap Auto tomorrow morning and buying matching spray paint.

Due to the stupid polish I will need to spray a larger area than the actual scratch so if anyone with such experience has any tips for me, that would be appreciated.

It depends on how 'clean' you want it to look kup. If you're obsessed like I am, I would get the whole panel resprayed because no matter how good you are with the touch-up job, you will notice it.

I've used Dural Prestige Smash Repairs before and would recommend them. For a door panel (and depending on the type of paint required), you're looking at about $200-$300.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am hoping to go to Auto Cheap Auto tomorrow morning and buying matching spray paint.
    LOL im sorry i just read that part and laughed as a spray painter i find it highly amusing that you will buy "matching spray paint"

i am sorry to hear about the scratching of the car as that just sucks, what car and what sort of colour is it?

depending how deep the scratches are you might be able to clean most of the marks of with thinners, have had plenty of cars at work where a panel was down to paint because of some scratches and all i ended up doing was cleaning it with thinners and a polish afterwards and presto no scratches!!!

Thanks for your advise guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP
    It depends on how 'clean' you want it to look kup. If you're obsessed like I am, I would get the whole panel resprayed because no matter how good you are with the touch-up job, you will notice it.

I've used Dural Prestige Smash Repairs before and would recommend them. For a door panel (and depending on the type of paint required), you're looking at about $200-$300.

I would gladly pay $200-$300 to get it fixed but Dural Prestige Smash Repairs seems impractically far away to where I live. The phone quote that I got from random painter guy I called in the afternoon (mobile painter guy) was $500! and that seemed too much for what isn't really that much of a surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post

i am sorry to hear about the scratching of the car as that just sucks, what car and what sort of colour is it?
    Toyota Corolla - Silver.

BTW, Why is 'matching paints' funny. My idea was just to get the right paint from the chassis number.

I went to a paint repair place around the corner - The guy quoted me $900!

I then went to another not far (by car) and they quoted me $350-$400 which is much more reasonable. He also offered to do more work to smooth it out and had a closer look at the door than the previous guy.

I don't understand why there is such huge price discrepancy.

how much for a fender or bumper fix (paint)? paintless dent removal? (with Dural)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    BTW, Why is 'matching paints' funny. My idea was just to get the right paint from the chassis number.
    well the idea of getting the paint from auto cheap and it acutally matching, you might luck out but alot of colours need matching after the paint has been made up from the computer.

Some colours might have up to 10 different variations for the one colour ive seen a couple of colours that have about 20 variations
    Variations meaning it might be bluer, reder, darker, lighter etc etc
    In saying that though toyotas are usually pretty good.