Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Platinum edition G1 Trypticon reissue

Got him. Its been an expensive night....but sooo worth it. haha. thank you all very much for your help

^probably another scammer as he has been selling MPs at cheap price as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    ^probably another scammer as he has been selling MPs at cheap price as well...
    Crazy...

But it's 1000% authentic!

Someone should report this seller.

Trypticon is now out in Hong Kong. How do I know?
    Well...

How could I ever pass him by with box art like that? My 8 year old son (who I've agreed to go 1/2 with for this guy) doesn't want to put the box in the cupboard because he loves the box art so much!

(this warning amused me... did they actually have kids tangling their hair in the original release?)

A few size comparisons...

And converted into his City mode...

Full-tilt ready to launch.

As a stand along figure this guy is GREAT fun. My son had him stomping up and down the main corridor of our apartment and I have to say the slow walking style absolutely suits Trypticon. I'm not sure if the original had a drawn out walk as well as this is the first Trypticon we've ever owned.
    He's very easy to convert to a city, although I haven't tried to reverse the process yet.
    Some of the finishes on him (especially the purple) have the mould snap marks blatantly obvious and the sticker placement could be a little tidier but these are minor complaints.
    I'm not sure he scales super well with most other figures given he's supposed to be a city but ah well.
    My son loves the base mode too and spent the evening having legion sized Decepticons fighting off legion sized Autobots... so a good fun toy all around for both kids and us adult collectors alike.

For those who didn't read it in the foreign toy sightings, he cost HK$1299 (AU$217).
    Full album of pics here, although I've posted most of them (unless you want to see my son absolutely delighted by Trypticon).

Stop pretending it's for your son ;-)

Great pick up

Quote Originally Posted by SoundwavePerth View Post
    Stop pretending it's for your son ;-)

Great pick up
    Actually - he is only paying 50% of it. I was buying it for myself but he insisted on contributing from his savings so he could play with it too as he knows my personal purchases aren't for him to play with most of the time.

I tell ya - if you have kids this is a great toy to play with together... yeah - I know, I know - I'm one of these oddball parents that actually believes in PLAYING on the floor with my kids with TOYS. Isn't that the only reason we have kids in the first place? We spent the evening laughing and having a ball following Trypticon around the house before he was transformed and my son took over using him as a base.

I was playing on the floor with toys looong before becoming a parent. Having a kid just means that she can join me, but I'd be still doing it even if I weren't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    (this warning amused me... did they actually have kids tangling their hair in the original release?)
    Don't you know... back in the 80's when Trypticon was originally released, there was a 48% rise in child scalpings. Keep that thing away from the family dog. You have been warned
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]