Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum edition G1 Trypticon reissue

What a stupid price. There is no way in the world a *re-issue* Trypticon is worth more than a nice condition vintage one. Hell, for that kind of money if you research a little, you can even get it with a displayable original G1 box.

If Trypticon is going to be $400, I shudder to think what the future Dinobot reissues will be. Hope these shelf warm, and TRU is forced to put them on clearance.

Wow. I would have payed $200, $250 tops for that. $400 I can get a G1 Trypticon! Or even for less a loose complete one. Get out.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Megatran Guest

Why are people surprised? It's Toys R Us.

Looking forward to the RRP for the five(?) G1 Dinobot reissue set later this year.

That' why I prefer Myer to have exclusive releases locally. At least you can pick up one at clearance time, albeit with crushed box & filthy fingerprints (you know who you are ).

First an overpriced Defensor. Now this. Guess I'll be sitting some of these out.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Why are people surprised? It's Toys R Us.
    TRU's prices aren't always rip offs for their exclusive toys. There have been some which were released at reasonable prices, including:
    * MP Starscream ($99)
    * MP10 Optimus Prime ($150)
    * MP Soundwave + Cassettes ($150)
    * MP Rodimus Prime ($80→$60)
    Having said that...
    Looking forward to the RRP for the five(?) G1 Dinobot reissue set later this year.
    I fear you may be right.
    That' why I prefer Myer to have exclusive releases locally. At least you can pick up one at clearance time, albeit with crushed box & filthy fingerprints (you know who you are ).
    TRU have been known to slash prices of long shelfwarming toys too, e.g. G1 Commemorative Series reissues and Alternators reduced to $25 each. Mind you, TRU are equally known for sitting at high priced shelfwarmers for years and years too (e.g. Supreme Cheetor, MP Ghost Starscream)... but I fear that it will be the former. Or worse, if people just lap it up at their high prices, which would encourage TRU to continue this trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    First an overpriced Defensor. Now this. Guess I'll be sitting some of these out.
    I'm content with getting Hasbro's Defensor. It still comes w/ Legends Class Groove, so it's not as if I'm missing out on the character. I'm sure we'll get the mould later as Afterburner, which is fine by me. Unless Hasbro AU decides to import TakTOM Defensor later, I honestly don't know at this stage.

Wow... Just wow...

That is an absolutely disgusting exhibition of complete market-disconnect; Hasbro Australia, Toys R Us Australia, what a disgrace!
    (You can return to suckling upon Margy Osmond and ANRA now )

Cheers for the (somewhat unwelcome) confirmation Sinner.

Well this all went downhill very quickly

I really don't know how they can see that as a good price.

I'm on a space saving binge at the moment so the last thing i want is a massive G1 toy. But yeah at that price, may as well forget it even exists.

Megatran Guest

As stated by Sinnertwin, there are only 300 units. Perhaps this limited quantity is driving their price.

So who's getting one from TRU?