Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30% off Transformers at TARGET extended to March 18th

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Today I tried at two different stores (a Kmart and a Myer) to price-match their toys to the Target shelf labels that showed the sale pricing, and both stores said that they would only do it if they rang the nearest Target store and they had them in stock... which I knew that the nearby Target stores didn't have the items I was wanting from these two stores.
    If the Target stores had them, I would have just bought them from there... what's the point of offering a price-match policy if you are only going to match exact products and not products within the product's range, just to make some money from the customer. If you are only going to match exact items that are in stock at a store the customer just went to in order to get the price in the first place, then the customer wouldn't waste the time coming to your store just for that item.
    Had the same problem with TRU and Lego Big W. Completely agree, bossbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    So, I get that it appears senseless to have to confirm that the local store has an item in stock, because why would you then just not bother going to the other store. I say that as a former Target employee where that was also the policy.

But from the flip side, if you can't get the item from the other store, why should the store you're in be required to knock off 30% just because you don't want to pay full price.

It negates any competitive advantage resulting from being first to market.
    It's not being first to market. It's the store offering this guarantee to match so that you'd buy from them instead. It's available in Target just not at the nearest location. We as buyers just want to avoid the hassle of finding stock, get some VIP points in the process and support TRU.

Before it was a price beat, so it makes sense to go to TRU before as you can get the item for less than the other stores. It was really difficult before as I was asked to bring a catalogue with the exact item displayed.

In US TRU, I showed online price and even if sold out online they still matched/beat whatever the policy was before. No need to beat this statement that it's different for US and Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    So, I get that it appears senseless to have to confirm that the local store has an item in stock, because why would you then just not bother going to the other store. I say that as a former Target employee where that was also the policy.

But from the flip side, if you can't get the item from the other store, why should the store you're in be required to knock off 30% just because you don't want to pay full price.

It negates any competitive advantage resulting from being first to market.
    the other side of the coin it's a double edged sword, why should they discount an item that can't be purchased anywhere else locally, why don't they want your money, even if it is less than what they have on their shelf listing.

I've been through the same thought process several times in the last few years trying to price match. I've let them call though, on the off chance they get someone that doesn't check and says yes they do have it
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

i went to myers recently to buy a star wars lego kit and i asked them to pricematch kmart. they rang kmart to check the price and if they had it and when the lady asked why i wanted to pricematch i said i had a gift voucher. so that is another possible reason for wanting to price match at various shops