Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dotm Wave 7 Figures?

Post Dotm Wave 7 Figures?

This is probably a stupid question since you can't trust wiki all the time but I was looking at the transformers wiki, Dotm Toy Line Article http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_of_the_Moon_%28toyline%29

It has listed a wave 7 including:
    • ??? Bumblebee (Nitro Bumblebee redeco)
    • ??? Ratchet (white redeco)
    • ??? Soundwave (black/grey redeco)
    • ??? Wheeljack (white redeco, G1 style head)

Does anyone know if this is real and where the info is coming from, link if possible?

All of those have been confirmed as far as I know.

No photos available and I don't know if they fit into that wave but the individual figures are confirmed.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Thank you for the confirmation I can't wait for white wheeljack, I hope it has green and red in it to make it a g1 homeage. Hoping it wont have stupid head as well.

I want Wheeljack, Soundwave and Mirage in their DOTM movie colours first before we look at the slews of repaints that I can't wait to skip. (-_-)

I agree with soundwave and mirage/dino but don't you think wheeljack/que looks a tad silly?

Photos and info of DotM Wave 7 were from Hasbro's NYCC presentation.

(Topic moved here, as it is a query, not news.)

Quote Originally Posted by GL-Sideswipe View Post
    I agree with soundwave and mirage/dino but don't you think wheeljack/que looks a tad silly?
    Yes, but that's Dreamwork's fault, not Hasbro (although it is indirectly Hasbro's fault for approving the design - they could have knocked it back if they wanted to).

Perhaps Hasbro will release a retool later on with Wheeljack's original head -- ya know, before he was nearly killed by Shockwave and had to be rebuilt by Ratchet (and became all kooky, renamed himself "Que" and all that crap)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes, but that's Dreamwork's fault, not Hasbro (although it is indirectly Hasbro's fault for approving the design - they could have knocked it back if they wanted to).
    Do Hasbro even get final say in what the 'bots look like in the movies?

cheers griffin! thanks for the link, and yeah I was expecting someone to move this post, wasnt quite sure where to put it since this is my first time here :P

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Do Hasbro even get final say in what the 'bots look like in the movies?
    I believe everything needs to be approved by Hasbro since Transformers is their franchise.

If you watch the Special Features on the DVD of the first TF movie, Aaron Archer explains how Hasbro negotiated for certain changes for Optimus Prime. The earlier designs had elements which Hasbro felt weren't going to "translate" well as toy designs and needed to be modified, such as the wheels on Optimus Prime which had the wheels deforming in some weird way where the tyres flipped inside out or something strange like that. Hasbro felt this wouldn't bode well in action figure form (certainly if they intended on using rubber tyres) - so a compromise was made, and so in the film you can see Optimus Prime's tyres split slightly in some places, but they don't rip right off or flip out or anything that dramatic.

Also Archer explained that he initially wanted Optimus Prime to have a red chest, but Michael Bay explained to him that red was a difficult or more expensive colour to shoot (but apparently it was fine for Mirage/Dino & Sentinel Prime? (mebbe cos DotM had a bigger budget???)) - and that apparently blue was cheaper/easier... so a compromise was made with a composite blue and red chest - hence the chopper flames. Of course, elsewhere on the disc when Michael Bay explained the origins of the flames, he doesn't mention Hasbro at all and just says that he saw a truck with flames on it and wanted it on Optimus Prime cos he thought it looked cool. So erm... I don't know if one of them was lying, or maybe they're both telling the truth. Maybe Archer wanted to introduce red into Prime's chest and Bay suggested using chopper flames - thus satiating Hasbro's desire to have red on the chest, and satisfying Bay's desire to have flames (win win for both parties).

Other people on the DVD special features do reference how Hasbro gave them a lot of creative freedom with the designs - which suggests that there was some level of monitoring/approval.

When you may anything that's through a Hasbro licence, it requires approval at every level. I remember when we were working on the "On Devil's Ground" comic for the OzFormers booth at SupaNova 2003, and I was trying to get it approved by Hasbro -- everything from the scripts to the character models, minutes from meetings etc. were all sent to Hasbro. Every time a change was made to the script or design etc., it was sent to Hasbro. Ditto the script and designs for the Sabretron 2004 comic and toys... ultimately we didn't get the approval, but that was the process that we went through.