Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Ratbat's Transformers Reviews

Sightings/Sales

View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?
Excellent 28 65.12%
Good 10 23.26%
Passable 3 6.98%
Terrible 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd August 2012, 12:01 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

This should be identical between the Xbox, PS3 and PC, so can be in the one Review topic.

Out 22nd August here (21st in American, which is the same time).

Post your thoughts of the campaign, multiplayer and escalation... and any of the extras.
A list of Tropies was posted up here, and until there is a guide elsewhere on how to find the hidden ones, post here on how you achieved them (or post a link to someone who has).
Old 22nd August 2012, 04:38 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Not mine but my favourite reviewer , Stanburdman already uploaded a review of this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01awx...&feature=g-u-u

Basically his score is 9/10. Watch for why. Enjoy
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:37 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

My quick thoughts, being about halfway through the second level (Optimus part 1).

Very enjoyable, I like the options with the arm switching and abilities of the characters. The Ark level was good fun and lots of nice "wheeee!" bits, plus having played through the demo, I could whip through it fairly quickly.

It seems to focus on the characters a lot more now, so when as Optimus, you run about helping fellow Autobots (picking some shrapnel off some dude as an example), so I see why the co-op campaign has gone. The levels seem bigger too, with better texturing, I am suitably impressed with this brighter looking Cybertron.

Love that you go to Perceptor's lab and an Autobot base and can talk with pleb-bots.

Also fairly impressed with the 'audio logs' scattered about the place. One section, I was fighting the deceps and found this glowing thing, and pressed square, and couldn't shoot! Uh-oh! So I dropped it and took out the baddies. turns out it was a key to a room that held an audio log = exploration is rewarded! EXCELLENT!

Enjoying, and was playing before heading to work "oh, another five minutes"
5 min later. "Meh, I am always there early, another five, just to clear this room"

I arrived to work a bit later than usual...
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:46 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

I ordered via Steam. The download is taking some time....
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:28 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

dont watch gamespot review. it sucks and shows a spoiler at the end. Read IGN's review instead.

Gamespot has really been sucking at reviews for a long time now. No mentioning the new features or gameplay elements. Highmoon probably didn't pay them enough mullah for a good review.
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:28 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

It's pretty cool. It's certainly addressed a lot of the issues I had with the first one. The levels are a lot more open for starters.
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:29 PM
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod

My review after playing for 2 hours can be summed up in one sentence.

"I wanna chuck a sicky tomorrow"

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:40 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

stooop eet!! I cant play it yet
Old 23rd August 2012, 01:20 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Played up to chapter 5 on hard and man can it be unforgiving, thoroughly enjoying it, and is definately an improvement over WFC, great textures used in the game and for the most part smooth gameplay, i've had a couple of instances where i felt really immersed and when i finally won a battle that i lost a lot, i'm arm pumping and going f..k yeah!! Only downside to this game so far for me, is that at times, it suffers some frame rate issues with multiple explosions going on at once.
Old 23rd August 2012, 02:13 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

It has taken me away from playing Darksiders lol

I like this one alot more than WFC. Played WFC twice since I got a PS3. This I want to keep playing without a doubt. Can be quite challenging, but once you get the hang of it, it is quite fun. The tutorial level is quite well played out, then the cutscene being part of the credits. A nice touch.

*Spoilers* (If you have read some of the threads, you'll know anyway )

Tidalwave has nothing on Metroplex, and if my eyes were correct, Bruticus made a short appearance in the early part of the game. Also spotted Laserbeak in a scene, so I shot him off his perch. Not sure if that is a bonus thing to do or what. But I thought it was cool finding him

On a sidenote, has anyone had trouble with their DLC? The code I have for the G1 pack won't work for me, say it's invalid. The other 2 worked without a hitch. I've called up Sony support to see if they can help. Weird that only 1 out of the 3 doesn't work, you'd think if one didn't they all wouldn't.