Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EOI - Ozformers RPG

Megatron Guest

Default EOI - Ozformers RPG

Hi all,

I'd like to get an idea of how many members here would like to participate in a Play-by-Post, text-based RPG on this board. If I can get at least two other people interested (8 to 10 is ideal), I can set one up in the Creative section of the board, provided the admin is ok with it. If not, it's no problem.

If you don't know what a text based RPG is, or if you're unsure about how to play, let me assure you that it is really quite easy once you get the hang of it, and a lot of fun! I'll be happy to help you throughout the whole process, from creating your character profiles, right through to the way you play your characters and lay out your posts.

We can set one up as simple or as complex as you like. That is, it can include a points system and technical battles along with the main story, or we can just start with text based play only.

We'll only need one main RPG thread, which I'll create later, so it won't dominate the board. In the meantime, we can use this thread to post our character tech specs & profiles, story ideas, and any other questions or suggestions.

What's the main requirement to be a successful RPGer? Well, the main thing is the ability to use correct grammar and sentence structure so that your posts are easily legible! It also helps to be able to follow the RPG rules and guidelines, and post regularly. A few times a week minimum would be ideal. Your posts can be as long or as short as you like, though they should be at least one paragraph in length. You don't have to worry about keeping score for your characters or anything like that, as the GM (myself) will do that for you.

So, if you would like me to set up an RPG for this forum and you'd like to have a go, then let me know by posting in this thread.

If you're new to RPGing I recommend that you start with only one character. Then as you get more into it, you can select up to five. It's up to you, but remember, the more characters you want to play, the more responsibility you will be taking on and the more other players will be relying on you.

I will be playing my favorites (Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream, Soundwave, Jazz), but any and all other characters are available, canon or OC, from any era, continuity or series. First person to post and claim a character that has not already been taken will have first rights to play that character.

Also, if you have any ideas for a plot or storyline that you would like to see incorporated into the RPG, let me know! I will then collate them all into a coherent script that will set the scene for the RPG.

If you have any questions at all, please ask.

Reserved Characters:
    Megatron:
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Jazz

Tetsuwan Convoy:
    Reverse Convoy

Lint:
    ?

Lancalot:
    Smokescreen
    Sunstorm

Firestorm:
    Knock Out
    ?

Bidoofdude:
    Galvatron
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp

Goktimus Prime:
    Charlie Chopper

Kup:
    Big Daddy

Paul Agnew:
    Airazor
    Blastcharge Strika
    Hubcap
    Last edited by Megatron; 21st September 2013 at 10:52 PM.

I'll support this!

Feel free to steal plot or gameplay mechanics from my previous RPG enterprise: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8816

I tend to prefer creation of original characters as it rules out the typical arguments that arise when playing 'real' characters. Also you don't need any background knowledge about the characters you are playing.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Sounds nerd-tastic!

I'll jump in. As a total newbie to this though, suckage will be high though
    Ha ha, it's going to be great. You'll do just fine! Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I'll support this!

Feel free to steal plot or gameplay mechanics from my previous RPG enterprise: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8816

I tend to prefer creation of original characters as it rules out the typical arguments that arise when playing 'real' characters. Also you don't need any background knowledge about the characters you are playing.
    Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Hmm... Your RPG's technicalities are very similar to the ones I'm planning, though there are some differences. I'm going to use my well tested tech specs and rules from previous RPGs that I've created and adapt them for this board, and will also consider story elements from your thread.

You're welcome to use all OCs if you like, no probs. As for canon characters, they'll be treated just like any other character - that is, according to the profile the player posts for them. They should be mostly aligned with their official profiles, but I'll allow them to be altered a bit if the player wishes, plus it will also depend on which version of their character the player wants. For example, my characters will be loyal whilst their alignment will be more open to interpretation than the classic "purely evil" alignment. Jazz also will be mostly himself as well but with some minor alterations to suit. Also, any disputes and the GM or mods will have final say anyway, but in all my past experience in Transformers RPGs, character portrayals have never been a problem - only the ability of the players themselves.

Ok, so that's three people in! I can start planning it now. The more the merrier though, so if anyone else would like to join, feel free to post your interest.

Sounds good, Megatron.
    I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two about how we legibly write out posts. (With some good helpers by our side)

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Sounds good, Megatron.
    I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two about how we legibly write out posts. (With some good helpers by our side)
    Does that mean you're in?

Hey sounds good ,count me in , but I got no idea how to play but willing to learn , so I'm going to be a total noob ! Can I reserve smokescreen and sunstorm

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Hey sounds good ,count me in , but I got no idea how to play but willing to learn , so I'm going to be a total noob ! Can I reserve smokescreen and sunstorm
    Sure can! Welcome aboard and don't worry you'll get the hang of it really quickly. It's going to be heaps of fun!

Ok, I'll post up the Rules & Guidelines and Character Profile Template for you guys very soon!

Sounds like fun!
    I've never tried rp-ing like this before but I've always wanted to
    count me in!
    (now to dig up my old text files of OCs)
    also if any continuity is allowed does that mean I can reserve TFPrime Knockout?

I'll reserve G1 Thundercracker and Skywarp.