Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore 30th Anniversary exhibit

Default Singapore 30th Anniversary exhibit

In Singapore from November 1st to March, at the Science Center (western side of Singapore), is a Transformers exhibit that looks to be set up and run by Hasbro... but isn't a huge exhibit, so is more for those familiar with Transformers from the Movies and kids, than hardcore collectors.
    A video can be seen here, and photos and a written account can be seen here.

If you are in Singapore in the next five months, keep it in mind... and post up photos for the rest of us to check out.

Looks like most major countries have had a Hasbro or TakaraTomy exhibit or convention for the 30th Anniversary except us.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hehe hasbro Asia exclusive .

Looks like I'll be in Singapore in February... Might have to sneak away from the gf from a wander through this one!

And yup, I'll definitely be hitting this one up, as well as another visit to Universal Studios.

This is the same Expo that was in Macau for the 30th anniversary minus some of the displays.
    It's a bit more pricy in Singapore but if you are over there it might be worth a visit.
    If anyone does go can you tell me if the store has any exclusives?
    Macau has the Kidslogic transparent mini figures which were a Venetian exclusive so curious to see if Singapore has their own unique item for the event.

You guys should rock up at China Square on Sunday in Singapore, my 2 cents, probably has heaps of things you are after as its a flea mart as well. Lots of Japanese toy stores there.

I think I was told Golden Megatron was Sing $180 or something like that.

I've already set aside my Sunday morning in SG for CSC. Was great last time I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I've already set aside my Sunday morning in SG for CSC. Was great last time I was there.
    No worries, there is a nice beef noodle place nearby if you are into asian food.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    No worries, there is a nice beef noodle place nearby if you are into asian food.
    This sounds good to me.

Some info and maps of mine from 2012 of China Square, and some other Toy locations that might still be around in Singapore.
    Just like in Hong Kong, most don't open before 1-2pm... so best to do something touristy in the mornings first (or have late nights and just sleep in late).

If the Toy Museum still exists, it is worth checking out too. It is mostly pre-1980s, so don't expect to find much on display of the last 30 years... but a great history of toys over the 20th century.

And if you want to familiarise yourself with Universal Studios before you go... or Singapore in general.