Thread: Hasbro America investor presentation

Default Hasbro America investor presentation

Over in America, another of the Hasbro investor presentations has just happened, and the fans get a few bits of new info and teases of upcoming items.

It also shows how the company is doing financially, and what it's future plans are.

The slides are pretty good to look at, just to see the direction of things, and how previous years have been doing.

I think the most significant thing is that Hasbro have announced that their relaunch of the Micronauts toyline will be part of the Transformers universe. The promo image has Optimus in it, but it could just end up being a packaging cross-sell (like Animorphs or Marvel Transformers).

There is also a graph in there of their revenue each year since 2005, which shows us how well the Movies have done compared to the pre-movie years... and how it carries the brand during the non-Movie years.

There looks to be more indirect involvement of fans and consumers, by way of voting and social media sharing. (I imagine that they'd still be maintaining the current policy of no direct online involvement with fans, after complaints of favouritism on certain global fansites several years ago)

One of the slides looks to have Hasbro looking to have production start in two more countries, to give them more reliability for their products if something goes wrong with China and Vietnam. The two new countries are India and Indonesia... who are also likely to have poor working conditions and minimal workers rights or pay rates.

And it isn't Transformers related, but it looks like Kreo is still not dead yet, with one more attempt at keeping the concept alive, with an Asian exclusive animated series and build sets.

Yeah the Kreo stuff is based around a Chinese masked rider series.

Yay, we're a whole 2% of global revenue. No wonder Au gets no love
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    What do you expect when we have such a small population?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I lile the TF5 logo, which sucks because I don't want to buy more movie toys, but once it comes out I'll probably want to buy some of the new characters -sigh-
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    2% is a pretty big chunk of the market, especially given our population.

I'm more surprised at 3% from Russia. I knew the Brazilians had mad TF love but had no idea about the Russians.

I wonder if TF's are actually sold for significantly less in China hence the 1% for a TF-crazy nation.