Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 7th May 2017, 01:38 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default Premium Collectables (PC) not refunding? - help is here for doing charge-backs

This is a venting topic, for ongoing issues with Premium Collectables.

This may be a temporary transitional matter from PC, or it may be the beginnings of something terminal... either way, the Feedback topic kept getting swamped by off-topic comments and rants, that people who have invested hundreds or thousands of dollars and are still waiting months or years for their products, need as an outlet.

Just be aware - it does not allow for attacking other members, non-members, or even PC itself, and is best not to direct comments or complaints to anyone here if you have a problem with PC yourself, as there are still existing customers, some of whom are still satisfied customers.

News and updates topic - as of July 2017, that topic has been removed, because this site will no longer look like we are promoting or endorsing that online store, or give free publicity from their updates. Too many fans have been burnt by this business (failing to supply products in a timely manner, sabotaging other dealer feedback topics here, and refusing to reply to customers queries or issue refunds) over a lengthy period of time, and this site does not want to be linked or tarnished by those actions, or be accused of facilitating or allowing those issues to occur.

Feedback and questions can be found here - comments in there must be limited to your own experiences as a customer, and if they are helpful to others asking for help with something.
All else, provided it is kept civil and respectful, gets posted in this Complaints/Rants topic.

And remember - don't spoil your hobby by keeping yourself in a sphere of negativity... if you are waiting an excessive amount of time for a pre-order item that was expected or promised months ago, ask to cancel the order and claim a refund... so that you can move on with your life and not waste it ranting about it here.
If PC will only offer you store credit and you don't want to go through another lengthy waiting period for the next item you pre-order, then do a Credit Card chargeback (officially called a "Dispute of Transaction" by banks).
Just be aware of the cut-off period for chargebacks, so check with your bank or your Product Disclosure Statement, what the time limit and conditions are. And find out if your Credit Card chargeback time limit is from the time you paid, or from the time your item was supposed to be released (most have this). If the bank claims it is from the time you paid for the item, get them to prove it in the terms & conditions (PDS) of your particular Credit Card.
If your Credit Card or Bank starts the time limit countdown from the "release date", look for the most recent update from PC for your product(s), and if it says the current month or a recent date/month that is within the time-limit, take with you, a printout or screenshot of that (email/website) update.
Like if the latest update says your item is due in May... no matter how long ago you paid for it, or how long ago it was first meant to be released, the charge-back clock re-starts from May.

Last edited by griffin; 28th July 2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 7th May 2017, 08:28 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Filed a chargeback with my bank this morning regarding my oldest outstanding order. They couldn't provide anything definitive regarding a time limit but did note on the dispute that it was for a pre-order and I gave her the ETA of Feb/March. Will update once I find out the outcome.
Old 7th May 2017, 12:32 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

When you do a chargeback you may want to cancel your credit card otherwise they can just charge your card again. I've done 2 this year from the same vendor and the first one was done and sorted within a fortnight. But since I didn't cancel the card I got charged again and had to repeat the process which took at least a month to get my money back.
Old 7th May 2017, 12:44 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
When you do a chargeback you may want to cancel your credit card otherwise they can just charge your card again. I've done 2 this year from the same vendor and the first one was done and sorted within a fortnight. But since I didn't cancel the card I got charged again and had to repeat the process which took at least a month to get my money back.
Correct but may I ask once you cancel your card can you file a chargeback for other items?

It's a long list and some of us may only want to cancel what is fair not the entire account.
Old 7th May 2017, 03:24 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

In reponse to comments directed at me on pc feedback thread.

My attitude was determined by you (no one particular) when i left comments about pc you didn't want to hear in a manner that was too much for your sensibilities to handle at the time. You applied the meaning of loyalty, and my comments and others who said similar yet more tactfully than i did were met with loyalist aggression. Compare my comments from back then with the comments others including the long time respected board members are making now about pc, and you'll see that whatever bar i may have set has been raised. Had i joined today and said the same things about pc now i did back then, would i be met with the same aggression? I doubt it. I'd be seen as another poor sod in the same boat as all of you.

I'll freely admit I've exhibited poor form in some instances. I could blame it on being retaliatory, but no matter the reasons, i still could've taken the higher road and not made the comments i did, so i accept my actions as being my own. To the best of my memory I've never name called or abused other members.
I can admit my mistakes, can you?

My reply to goktimus was not an attack. It was a wtaf moment.

The comment about my wishing ill on other collectors who are pc customers doesn't deserve any response or explanation other than this... don't let your sentiment towards me be the cause for your mouth to open allowing stupid to fall out.

Anyway, this isn't a who started it or who's to blame. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't sit on your high horses and hide behind my lack of popularity to make comments in an attempt to receive pats on the back feeding your holier than thou ego when you and others are guilty of the same. I'm on my own here on otca and have displayed more balls than that cowardly pack animal crap you guys are.
Old 7th May 2017, 03:28 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Please excuse me Griffin. I'll say no more about it and let it rest no matter the responses if any i get. It's distracting from the real issue.
Old 7th May 2017, 04:25 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
Correct but may I ask once you cancel your card can you file a chargeback for other items?

It's a long list and some of us may only want to cancel what is fair not the entire account.
Charge backs are done on a case by case basis if you trust the vendor and want to keep going with them then you don't cancel the card and just flag each transaction to your bank. However I'd imagine the vendor would be wary dealing with you if you've hit them with a charge back once. Otherwise I was assuming people wanted to refund their stuff and wash their hands of said vendor.

Keep in mind doing a charge back is last resort/nuclear option you do these if you and the vendor cannot reach an agreement on a refund. When I did it the vendor pretty much ignored me and I wanted nothing further to do with them at all.
Old 7th May 2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
Charge backs are done on a case by case basis if you trust the vendor and want to keep going with them then you don't cancel the card and just flag each transaction to your bank. However I'd imagine the vendor would be wary dealing with you if you've hit them with a charge back once. Otherwise I was assuming people wanted to refund their stuff and wash their hands of said vendor.

Keep in mind doing a charge back is last resort/nuclear option you do these if you and the vendor cannot reach an agreement on a refund. When I did it the vendor pretty much ignored me and I wanted nothing further to do with them at all.
Noted, I have to deal with my isp first.
Old 7th May 2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
Filed a chargeback with my bank this morning regarding my oldest outstanding order. They couldn't provide anything definitive regarding a time limit but did note on the dispute that it was for a pre-order and I gave her the ETA of Feb/March. Will update once I find out the outcome.
Will be keeping an eye out on this. Best of luck!
Old 7th May 2017, 05:06 PM

This situation is getting out of hand, its driving us insane.

I...can't even do a charge back because I don't have a credit card (its one of them fancy master car saving cards) nor do I know how that is done (paypal has usually been my go-to for this sorta thing, bless paypal and their response times and effectiveness), but for those who tried is it possible to straight up ask for a refund rather than store credit, how would I word it?

Not now, come July 1st (because the whole government gst rubbish) I'll get right on it but for later reference, how can I request an outright refund from pc?

Because the moment my final pre-order with them stalls is when I'll enrage them head on, right now they have a small chance of redemption and when I get all my stuff FROM THEM I might even buy again from them