Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AUS Toyfair 2008 TFs report, part 1 of 3 (Universe).

Default AUS Toyfair 2008 TFs report, part 1 of 3 (Universe).

(sorry about taking so long posting this first segment, but I'm working on two computers at the moment, but the new replacement computer isn't working well with the programs on the old one, so have had to juggle the photos back and fourth to edit, upload and post them here)

The annual Australian Toy, Hobby and Nursery Trade Fair is on this weekend 4th to 8th April, and the OTCA (Ozformers) was there with full access to Hasbro's display. Paulbot, Demonac and I spent about 4 hours at the event, with most of that time inside the Hasbro section.
    I triple checked with the Senior Product Manager Kristin Hamilton (American fans at BotCon last year might recognise her name, as she used to be at Hasbro America, and has come to Australia for a year), and we were allowed to look and photograph anything we wanted, and publicise it (we were registered as media after all).

We asked heaps of questions, took photos of everything, and recorded details and info, which should keep fans excited for the next three weeks when Hasbro are expected to reveal all of this at BotCon.

They had two main Transformers displays, covering Animated and Classics/Universe. In their Marvel display, they had some Marvel Transformers displayed, and in their Star Wars display, there was a mock-up of their new packaging for Star Wars Transformers.

Classics/Universe (September Launch in Australia)
    On display (we were allowed to play with anything listed as loose)
    -Ultra Onslaught (loose)
    -Ultra Powerglide (loose)
    -Ultra Silverbolt (box with cardboard standin for toy inside)
    -Voyager Autobot Blaster with Blockrock Minicon (box with cardboard standin for toy inside)
    -Deluxe Sunstreaker (loose)
    -Deluxe Prowl (loose and on card)
    -Deluxe Tankor (on card)
    -Legends Red Alert (loose and on card)
    -Legends Starscream (loose and on card)
    -Legends Onslaught (loose and on card)
    Pictured on packaging of others:
    -Voyager Heavy Load.

Robot Heroes
    -Arcee Vs Decepticon Rumble (on card)
    -Rattrap Vs Megatron (on card)
    -Rhinox Vs Waspinator (on card)
    -Cheetor (loose)
    -Blackarachnia (loose)
    -Tarantulas (loose)
    -Autobot Jazz (loose)
    -Optimus Primal (loose)
    -Thundercracker (loose)

Also included in this display case were assorted Movie items, like scene battles, Legends, and Autobot Ratchet Allspark Blaster.

Pics:

Total display shelf.

Universe Silverbolt (Ultra). Not actual toy in package, only a cardboard mockup.

Universe Deluxe and Voyager, plus Movie Thundercracker (don't know why).

Universe Ultra Onslaught, Silverbolt box, Powerglide.

Back of Blaster's box.

Close-up of back of box.

Close-up of front of box (not actual toy inside, just a cardboard reproduction).

Universe Deluxe Sunstreaker, Prowl and Tankor (unfortunately, Demonac left Sunstreaker in it's 'Sideswipe' mode when I took this photo).

Universe Robot Heroes.

Universe Legends.

Autobot Ratchet Allspark Blaster.

Movie packs that have already been released.

Next segment will cover the Crossover lines and other items, since the Animated segment will take a bit longer to do, and most of it is already known anyway.

(btw, I have such a bad cold right now, so please ignore any minor errors in my postings today)

Forgot to add in Demonac's two pics, which are just attachments in the other topic.

The only clear photo we seem to have of Sunstreaker in Sunstreaker mode. Both of my photos have him in the 'Sideswipe' mode, which I didn't realise at the time I took the photos.

And a close-up of what Demanac referred to as the Sideswipe mode, which is probably what we will see released in a red colour scheme in the second wave.

Also corrected the Minicon name Blockrock (from Blackrock), after some American fans said I got it wrong (and they were correct, when I checked the full-size copy of the photo). Pity about that, as I thought it was a real neat homage, like Leader-1 or Sparkplug in Armada.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Wow. All very cool.

The ratchet Blaster I've actually seen for sale here in an import shop.

Sweet stuff. The Classics look great. Even Blaster. I'm surprised!

A pity we didn't get toy pics of Silverbolt. Were you able to get pictures of Silverbolt's box at the back? Those new boxes look awesome for Classics 2.0. It's a pity that they're not consistent w/ 1.0 but ultimately gimme those toys first, packaging second.

The displays seemed very poorly done though compared to Botcon, SDCC ones. All the stuff isnt' very strategically positioned.

Silverbolt is a pleasant surprise! And he looks like he's going to be a great figure.

Another repaint of the Cybertron Legends Thundercracker, this time into Starscream? ugh .... pass. Why not a Cybertron Legends Starscream into Thundercracker?

Thanks Griff and Co!

Silverbolt is a little bit of a surprise, wonder if it means we will be getting Menasor and HotSpot later on to have all the torso's from the Scramble city combiners?

thanks for the pics!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Silverbolt in that mock up does look pretty good, specially if the robot looks similar to the art work. Is he a repaint of something?

Blaster on the other hand looks like crap and so does Powerglide.

Its funny how many of these toy convention organizers have such a hard time properly transforming the figures for display
    Last edited by kup; 5th April 2008 at 11:34 AM.

I'm super-excited about Silverbolt, but disappointed that Prowl still has the plain white missiles and the 'Sideswipe mode' looks a bit lame compared to Sunstreaker.

Thanks for the pics!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Wow... that's an interesting transformation idea for Sunstreaker/Sideswipe! (Hope they give him a new head tho... unlike Classics Cliffjumper )

Silverbolt looks great!