PDA

View Full Version : The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Linthart
22nd October 2009, 02:05 AM
I think this should be stickied as the definitive thread.

Ok what is a G1 HM wierdwolf: Body + HM, no gun or tail, tight joints and good stickers worth?

also G1 HM jr Siren: Body + seat + HM + large gun, missing 2 small guns, good stickers, tight joints.

im partaking in a trade and just want to know im getting my moneys worth.

your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers

Lint

GoktimusPrime
22nd October 2009, 08:58 AM
I paid about $30 for my Chromedome which was complete w/ Stylor and both guns and about $70 for my Weirdwolf which was complete w/ Monzo, rifle, tail-sword, tech specs, decoder and instructions.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $40 for that Weirdwolf and I would be hesitant in getting Siren without the small head guns cos they'd be a beeotch to find separately (and IMO the small HMs look bad w/o them). fwiw I need Siren too. :)

blackie
22nd October 2009, 09:56 AM
completed listings is your friend
will give you an idea of the current market rates

Paulbot
23rd October 2009, 03:22 PM
God Neptune MISB... there's a couple for around $200 AU (shipped) on ebay at the moment. But some of the completed auctions have sold for around $120. Should I hold out... (it is one of those toys that I think I'll buy and Takara will then announce Encore 21: Piranacon)

canofwhoopass_87
23rd October 2009, 05:11 PM
I'd say hold out till it pops up again, or if you can get free shipping with that BIN $200 tag (if it's MISB) I reckon it's an ok price. I haven't really seen any of these sets for awhile, but I remember wanting one a year ago when they were selling for about $150US loose complete (auctions only).

Also, I agree with blackies comment. However, to make this thread work, people should be posting standard or semi-standard current prices for particular items of interest - not the bargain prices in which they got them for. I wouldn't regard $30 for a complete chromedome to be a "What is it worth" price as it might throw off the person asking the question.

liegeprime
23rd October 2009, 06:08 PM
Weirdwolf - around $70 - 80 complete and good condition, without tail & gun around $45 - 50 tops but then its very, very hard to find the tail, the gun not so much.

Siren - without head lasers -$40 - $50, the head lasers are kinda a B%$@h to find though. Wish that darkov guy would make repros , My siren is missing his right head laser:p

Sky Shadow
23rd October 2009, 06:53 PM
God Neptune MISB... there's a couple for around $200 AU (shipped) on ebay at the moment. But some of the completed auctions have sold for around $120. Should I hold out... (it is one of those toys that I think I'll buy and Takara will then announce Encore 21: Piranacon)

Unless you want God Neptune for his colours, box or virgin minty nature, $200 shipped still seems a lot to pay, considering you could get a loose Piranacon for about the same price. If you think about what you're missing out on (a Snaptrap gun, eight other guns, fifteen Targetmaster pieces and an entire limb [Nautilator]) and still want God Neptune himself, go for it, but $200 seems a bit pricey to me.

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2009, 07:24 PM
For anyone who'd care, according to ToyFare's Price Guide:
Weirdwolf: US$100(AU$108) MISB / US$30(AU$32) Loose Mint Complete
Siren: US$90($AU97) MISB / US$30(AU$32) Loose Mint Complete
...take it or leave it. :/

Paulbot
24th October 2009, 12:29 AM
Confirms my gut feeling about God Neptune... I will pass for now and keep the fingers crossed for an encore. I had started looking for seacons but the few SnapTraps I could find didn't look so good and the limbs I could find where the ones I already have. Oh well. I will keep looking. Cheers guys.

heroic_decepticon
24th October 2009, 09:09 AM
Also, I agree with blackies comment. However, to make this thread work, people should be posting standard or semi-standard current prices for particular items of interest - not the bargain prices in which they got them for. I wouldn't regard $30 for a complete chromedome to be a "What is it worth" price as it might throw off the person asking the question.

I'm with you here. I got my complete Overlord for $4 (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/1999/08/origin-story-part-ii-1999-re-awakening.html), but that is no more a true reflection of what's it's worth than a $30 complete Chromedome is.

To make this thread work, there has to be some objectivity. I think reframing the question for each person as:

"if I were currently looking to buy this figure now, how much would I pay for it?"

But even then, there are inherent difficulties because each person wants their figures in different conditions, each will accept figures in different conditions and each places differing values on particular parts. For example liege may pay more for a complete Siren so he can get the right head laser and complete his siren but the next guy would be happy for a Siren that is missing his right head laser, thereby paying less than what liegeprime would pay, and wait and see to get it someday (little knowing he/she might wait years before obtaining it and hence pay a higher price later).

I'd say though, if you want it, it will make you happy, then it's worth whatever the price you pay for it. What it's worth is a question of value not cost (where value is the importance you place on it versus cost which is the money amount you paid to get it).

Defcon
24th October 2009, 09:31 AM

I have the same thoughts. I have been checking out God Neptune, but have dropped off because of price and the possibility of an Encore Piranacon version being announced.

smileydood
24th October 2009, 07:17 PM
Out of curiosity, what would a loose G1 Scorponok 100% complete in good condition (c8 to c9) be worth? I couldn't find any on ebay australia, so would international ebay be my best guide? Thanks.

GoktimusPrime
24th October 2009, 11:46 PM
According to ToyFare's Guide:
G1 Scorponok; MISB = US$320 (AU$347) / Loose Mint = US$180 (AU$195)

Here are some auctions I found on eBay:
US$370 (AU$401) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-1987-SCORPONOK-100-complete-Hasbro-mint_W0QQitemZ260405588480QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ca161f200)
US$325 (AU$352) (http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-Transformers-G1-SCORPONOK-figure-complete-RARE_W0QQitemZ380120876335QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item5880f8452f)
300GBP (530AUD) (http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-TRANSFORMERS-G1-SCORPONOK-100-COMPLETE-BOXED-NICE_W0QQitemZ150381217264QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_To ysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item23 036b45f0)

However, to make this thread work, people should be posting standard or semi-standard current prices for particular items of interest - not the bargain prices in which they got them for. I wouldn't regard $30 for a complete chromedome to be a "What is it worth" price as it might throw off the person asking the question.
Okay, more recent example: I picked up a Brainstorm complete w/ weapons and Arcana for about $60; that was at from the Parramatta Fair (from Sherriffs Mini Cars who often have what I personally consider to be rather high prices).

canofwhoopass_87
5th November 2009, 02:49 AM
Would $440US for a complete C7 MIB Bravemax with paperwork be considered ok?

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2009, 09:05 AM
Loose? I dunno... I paid AU$300 for my Brave Max MISB (with an additional AU$100 for insured postage), but that was in 2002. I personally wouldn't pay that. :/

Paulbot
5th November 2009, 10:33 AM
That's not a bad price whoopass... but does it include postage?

And have you seen pics of the condition?

canofwhoopass_87
5th November 2009, 02:09 PM
Yeh there's pics. It's actually C8 condition, C7 box. Here's the link pauly

http://www.fortmax.com/index.cgi?cart_id=7878598.24792&pid=20050814226169

I was just wondering about the price though, not after it myself. All yours if you're interested :)

That's not a bad price whoopass... but does it include postage?

And have you seen pics of the condition?

Paulbot
5th November 2009, 02:43 PM
That site's a little vague on actual shipping costs though.

But I must admit I'm more than a little tempted...

There's a few Brave Max on ebay at the moment from $440 AU to $610 AU (buy it now)

DarkHyren
17th January 2010, 12:23 AM
I'm looking at getting God Ginrai, what is a complete MISB God Ginrai gift set worth?

Also are there any fakes of this figure floating around out there that I should be aware of?

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2010, 09:36 AM
You should be able to get a reissue pretty cheap. Those things were overproduced and shelfwarmed for yonks. Import stores in Sydney had them slashed down to $20 trying to move their dead stock.

Original... I dunno.

DarkHyren
17th January 2010, 09:54 AM
Import stores in Sydney had them slashed down to $20 trying to move their dead stock.
Wow. Any more of those around, I'd buy at that price :D
I'm looking at whichever one has the lower cost right now, so if the re-issue is the same as the original (or close enough) it doesn't bother me.

heroic_decepticon
17th January 2010, 11:24 AM
The C-310 Japanese reissued as opposed to the Hasbro reissue is pretty close to the original except that the original giftset was packaged with styrofoam and the reissue is not.

I'd recommend getting the reissue because it is (1) cheaper; (2) substantially similar to the original; and (3) you get fresh new chrome on the entire chromed Godbomber cab front which becomes the God Ginraii chest.

kup
17th January 2010, 01:18 PM
You should be able to get a reissue pretty cheap.

Original... I dunno.

That's no longer the case - They can now go for up to $400 the normal being $200-250

1AZRAEL1
17th January 2010, 01:28 PM
Lucky I got mine a couple of years ago for $60 then.

kup
17th January 2010, 01:45 PM
Oddly enough the original 80s version without God Bomber has gone down dramatically at $150 a boxed set.

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2010, 08:06 PM
I felt bad for paying $80 for mine after they got marked down to $20.

heroic_decepticon
17th January 2010, 10:02 PM
i don't think you should feel bad, because the $60 more is the premium you paid to secure the toy at the time it is available. It's not for anyone to predict that months down the road, C-310 would still be available and then even marked down.

Would be great if we had crystal balls.

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2010, 04:53 PM
Would be great if we had crystal balls.
...sounds fragile. <crosses legs> ;)

DarkHyren
23rd January 2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the help on God Ginrai, it helped alot.
Another "what's it worth" from me.
What's G1 Sixshot worth and was he ever reissued?
Also, I have seen a version with purple wings, is this a fake?

heroic_decepticon
24th January 2010, 12:45 AM
What's G1 Sixshot worth and was he ever reissued?
Also, I have seen a version with purple wings, is this a fake?

not sure what its worth now since I don't actively look.

It was reissued once in a Japanese G1 box.
Sixshot's wings are actually slightly purple, they are not white.

canofwhoopass_87
24th January 2010, 01:58 AM
Sixshot skyrocketed like crazy after ROTF. I know many G1 prices inflated after the movie, but sixshot was literally going for double the $. I remember bc I was hunting one down myself. I think it's currently holding steady at about $80-100US loose complete despite being reissued as well as darkov from tfw2005 producing heaps of custom rifles for sixxy. Maybe $150-$200 for a MIB complete one?

Those prices are based loosely on my experiences of hunting in recent months though :)

DarkHyren
24th January 2010, 03:51 PM
Sixshot's wings are actually slightly purple, they are not white.The one I saw had deep purple wings. I'd show you but the auction is gone now, probally ended.
Most of the others I have seen are an off white color, I'm assuming they all look vaguely like this: http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/7/74/G1Sixshot_toy.jpg

heroic_decepticon
24th January 2010, 08:47 PM
hmmm... you could be right. I did remember that Sixshot's wings are slightly purple (off whitish purple). I dont have a Sixshot on hand here to verify. Might have to wait for another member to confirm. :p

Vector Prime
25th January 2010, 11:32 PM
Thinking about finally adding some G1 to my collection, but only really after these two guys since they have a special place in my heart from my childhood:

Hound
Blitzwing

So, my question is, how much should I be paying for either MIB or MISB Takara Transformer Collection Series ones (the re-issues that came in the book style packaging)?

heroic_decepticon
25th January 2010, 11:44 PM
Thinking about finally adding some G1 to my collection, but only really after these two guys since they have a special place in my heart from my childhood:

Hound
Blitzwing

So, my question is, how much should I be paying for either MIB or MISB Takara Transformer Collection Series ones (the re-issues that came in the book style packaging)?

Fortunately, these are two of the cheaper TFC figures (relatively).

I paid about $45 each when they were first released, but realistically, I think you might be looking at $65-70 for Hound and $70-75 for Blitzwing now, not inclusive of shipping.

That's my hunch though, but I'm sure eBay would reveal the 'market price' for these.

PS: I recommend getting all the TFCs if you are thinking of dabbling into G1. As I mentioned here (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2007/10/takara-transformer-collection-series.html), each TFC came with that little something extra that makes them all the more worthwhile.

Vector Prime
25th January 2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the reply HD... it seems they all fetch over $140 (pre-shipping) for either one of them on eBay just from a quick search I did, so yeah, would be nice to find them around $75 each.

As for collecting the entire series, while it might be nice to one day do so, at this stage of my collecting life, G1 doesn't interest me in the slightest - they were from my childhood and that's pretty much where they'll remain.

Hound and Blitzwing have a certain nostalgic value to me, hence the need to want to re-visit my childhood (Hound being my first ever TF whilst Blitzwing being my first ever Decepticon).

Sky Shadow
26th January 2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the reply HD... it seems they all fetch over $140 (pre-shipping) for either one of them on eBay

You shouldn't be paying anywhere near that much, VP. I paid less than half of that not too long ago for a MISB Detritus (the more scarce E-Hobby Hound Junkion that was released at the same time) and even less for a loose Overcharge (E-Hobby Diaclone Blitzwing).

MISB Hound: AU $56.35 (+AU $17.13 postage): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformer-Collection-reissue-Takara-New-Hound_W0QQitemZ320473279885QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9db22d8d

MIB Hound: AU $45.30 (+AU $37.95 postage): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-HOUND-Takara-Reissue-14-MIB_W0QQitemZ220539780236QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item335931fc8c

MIB Hound: AU $62.34 (+AU $13.36 postage): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Takara-Collection-Series-14-HOUND-MIMB_W0QQitemZ120521820234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_To ysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item1c 0fa9084a

And if you keep looking you should definitely be able to get a complete Blitzwing of some sort shipped for less than $100 too.

kurdt_the_goat
26th January 2010, 12:16 AM
I think it was more a fluke than anything, but a year or so ago at a Perth Nexus, i picked up Hound and Tetsuwan Convoy picked up Blitzwing from the same seller for $40 each! So it's not impossible but.. unlikely.

canofwhoopass_87
26th January 2010, 01:17 AM
From what I've seen, I think HD is pretty spot on with his guestimations of the reissues. For some reason I don't see as many TFC hounds or blitzwings compared to the others.

You can get a vintage loose complete C8-C8.5 blitz from ebay US auctions (not BIN) for $25-$30 easy. I've seen a few in the past fortnight sell for around that price. I'm currently hunting one too, so I've been monitoring :D Certainly a hell of a lot cheaper than the TFC one (When I first started collecting I remember seeing two of the MISB TFC's sell for $170US :eek:)

Vintage Hound I think has always maintained relatively high market value. Maybe bc he's a tad fragile? Never had one myself, but broken hounds are always sold in old G1 scrap lots that frequent ebay. It may be difficult to find an original one for the right price, but if you want something in minty condition then the TFC release may be the better alternative. Not much of a price difference (IMO) between the two.

heroic_decepticon
26th January 2010, 01:55 AM
unless a real good deal for an original Hound or Blitzwing comes up, I'd recommend the TFC reissues for these reasons:

- TFC Blitzwing comes with his diaclone sword, which has a 'sharper' sword point and looks more like a sword than the original G1 release.

- TFC Hound for completness reasons. Missing jerry cans and badly damaged sub-machine gun for Jeep mode are always issues with loose Hounds and such a pain to hunt down individually.

- also, all TFCs comes with lots of added new art and tech sheets and mini posters within the 'book' cover itself.

I know whoop is a vintage purist and might not agree, heh. :D

Sky Shadow
26th January 2010, 11:33 AM
Vector Prime - hanprimus is selling a TFC Hound for $45:

"Tfc Hound MIB- Stickers applied, missing character's spec card $45"

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=40663&postcount=1

Vector Prime
26th January 2010, 09:19 PM
Vector Prime - hanprimus is selling a TFC Hound for $45:

"Tfc Hound MIB- Stickers applied, missing character's spec card $45"

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=40663&postcount=1

Thanks SS... saw that earlier, but prefer one where sticker's are un-applied since I'm kinda picky when it comes to those sort of things... lol

Starscream212
26th January 2010, 09:48 PM
Hey board i was just wanting an opinion on the prices ive paid for these figures:

Transformers beast wars tarantulus 10th anniversary MISB $32.08
Transformers beast wars cheetor 10th anniversary MISB $26.56
Transformers beast wars dinobot 10th anniversary MISB $29.33
Transformers beast wars rattrap 10th anniversary MISB $24.90
Transformers beast wars waspinator 10th anniversary MISB $56.44
Beast wars reborn megatron vs optimus prime MISB $112

They were all brought from the same seller in auctions (major sniping involved :D)so combined shipping was $75.
Personally im happy with the price, ive gotten 7 figures for $53 which is close to voyager retail for figures that are 4 years old incuding an exclusive Japanese set.
Also ive been strugling to find these Beast Wars figures in MISB condition after about 4 months searching , which is something i wanna write an opinion piece about (in the near future, just checking facts first)

Doubledealer
27th January 2010, 01:52 PM
TFC Blitzwing comes with his diaclone sword, which has a 'sharper' sword point and looks more like a sword than the original G1 release.

Wow, I never knew this! Will definitely factor it in when I start looking for a Blitz. :)

GoktimusPrime
27th January 2010, 08:17 PM
Hey board i was just wanting an opinion on the prices ive paid for these figures:

Transformers beast wars tarantulus 10th anniversary MISB $32.08
Transformers beast wars cheetor 10th anniversary MISB $26.56
Transformers beast wars dinobot 10th anniversary MISB $29.33
Transformers beast wars rattrap 10th anniversary MISB $24.90
Transformers beast wars waspinator 10th anniversary MISB $56.44
Beast wars reborn megatron vs optimus prime MISB $112
To me a Deluxe toy is worth $25-30, so I think paying $56.44 for Waspinator was a bit rich. :/ $112 for the BW reborn Ultra leaders is quite good though. :)

Starscream212
27th January 2010, 08:29 PM
Yes waspy was very expensive but i had a total price for all 5 and i still got them cheaper!

heroic_decepticon
9th February 2010, 11:45 PM
Guys, what do you think of this?

Galaxy Shuttle MIB (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200436075847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

I'm interested in Galaxy Shuttle cos i don't have one, but the asking price for that is simply outrageous.

Since I have not been on the constant prowl for Galaxy Shuttle, I'm not certain about market price. Any ideas of an approximate market price?

SamLoi888
16th February 2010, 02:24 PM
Guys, what do you think of this?

Galaxy Shuttle MIB (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200436075847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

I'm interested in Galaxy Shuttle cos i don't have one, but the asking price for that is simply outrageous.

Since I have not been on the constant prowl for Galaxy Shuttle, I'm not certain about market price. Any ideas of an approximate market price?

Oh man I almost choked. It looks sweet as but its worth more than my mum. I cant believe a transformer costs so much.

Vector Prime
16th February 2010, 02:31 PM
It looks sweet as but its worth more than my mum

:rolleyes: Lol :p

heroic_decepticon
16th February 2010, 10:04 PM
Oh man I almost choked. It looks sweet as but its worth more than my mum. I cant believe a transformer costs so much.

the guy has actually lowered the price from 1500pounds to 1000pounds. Nonetheless, its ridiculous.

1orion2many
17th February 2010, 04:26 PM
I know it's a very rare figure, at least I think it is:o. Even rarer in this condition but just a wee bit expensive:D

gdmetro
24th March 2010, 07:21 PM
Three questions:

1) I was looking for a g1 ultra magnus- stumbled upon this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Diaclone-Ultra-Magnus-C-69-E-Hobby-Takara_W0QQitemZ160414918615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item25597967d7

Such a beauty...

When was this released/ how rare is it? and What would be the max to pay?

I think theres 2 other BINs for Mint one for about 5-600..ughh..

2) Correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a takara reissue of g1 ultra magnus? im assuming this is rare and would be quite pricy since i havnt seen any on ebay

thing is I dont want the hasbro reissue with crappy missles and stuff... but i might have to settle for it now unless it is reissued later

3) How rare is the encore Soundwave? since Ive been looking and the cheapest one is about 90AUS including shipping off ebay.

I just want to know if this is a reasonable price- that is not too inflated/rip off.

Thanks

heroic_decepticon
25th March 2010, 12:56 AM
Three questions:

1) I was looking for a g1 ultra magnus- stumbled upon this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Diaclone-Ultra-Magnus-C-69-E-Hobby-Takara_W0QQitemZ160414918615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item25597967d7

Such a beauty...

When was this released/ how rare is it? and What would be the max to pay?

I think theres 2 other BINs for Mint one for about 5-600..ughh..

As the guy said in the auction, that is an exclusive eHobby reissue of the Diaclone Power Convoy. In Japan, Optimus Prime is Convoy and the 'ultra magnus' armour is actually the upgrade amour for Convoy making him Power Convoy. This reissue was released in 2002/2003 or thereabouts.

Not sure of market price but 5-600 seems a little excessive.

2) Correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a takara reissue of g1 ultra magnus? im assuming this is rare and would be quite pricy since i havnt seen any on ebay

thing is I dont want the hasbro reissue with crappy missles and stuff... but i might have to settle for it now unless it is reissued later

Yes, there were Takara reissued Ultra Magnus'. Ultra Magnus was reissued to death in the 2002/2003 period. They were released in standard colours, completely blue, completely yellow, completely black and then there was the eHobby Power Convoy reissue during the same period.

I would expect a standard colour reissue to be around US$100, but then, so are G1 MIB Ultra Magnus'.

There are no missile issues with the Hasbro reissue UM, but you will have to contend with short smoke stacks though.

3) How rare is the encore Soundwave? since Ive been looking and the cheapest one is about 90AUS including shipping off ebay.

I just want to know if this is a reasonable price- that is not too inflated/rip off.

In my reckoning, not very rare at all. I think AU$65 to AU$75 is a reasonable price to pay for it in Australia. In Asia (read - HK, SG), they were literally flogging these off for AU$35 a pop.

dirge
25th March 2010, 11:02 PM
I grabbed that "Powered Convoy" Ultra Magnus for around $200 - I don't remember the exact price a few years back. It's basically the Diaclone colours, and in that line the toy was called Powered Convoy.

I'm not sure how rare the Takara reissue Ultra Magnus is now, but it was quite common back in the days - it wasn't limited. If you're patient Takara will probably reissue it eventually - they've redone a few reissues so far in the Encore line, and TBH Ultra Magnus is probably overdue for a revisit.

canofwhoopass_87
26th March 2010, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm just starting my 84 G1 line. 120pounds shipped from the UK for a C8.5 complete, MIB jetfire? Ebay search doesn't reveal much unfortunately. Am I paying too much?

Sky Shadow
26th March 2010, 03:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm just starting my 84 G1 line. 120pounds shipped from the UK for a C8.5 complete, MIB jetfire? Ebay search doesn't reveal much unfortunately. Am I paying too much?

:confused: I thought you already had 1984 toys (and Jetfire was techincally from the 1985 series). Jetfire's one of those weird toys that fluctuates from cheap to ridiculously expensive depending on completeness and condition. 120 pounds is like $200AU, which is a lot of cash, but for a boxed Jetfire, if it really is in good condition and complete, you could definitely do far worse. (Wheeljack's Lab has a MISB one up for $2500US at the moment, for example.:eek:)

canofwhoopass_87
26th March 2010, 03:32 PM
Nah I've just started collecting the 84/85 line. I've been too poor to even think about the first series up till recently :D

I saw that WJL's MISB jetfire a couple of days ago too. You should buy it sky. Then post pics in the Vintage Liberation thread :p

canofwhoopass_87
26th March 2010, 03:35 PM
120 pounds is like $200AU

On the topic of GBP to AUD, now is a great time to be buying from the UK too :) Conversion rate is fingerlicking good right now

Go AUD go!

Sky Shadow
26th March 2010, 03:39 PM
I saw that WJL's MISB jetfire a couple of days ago too. You should buy it sky. Then post pics in the Vintage Liberation thread :p

Heh heh. I LOLed at that. :D

(And since I already have that mould, I think I'll be keeping my credit card well away from that one.)

heroic_decepticon
27th March 2010, 12:06 AM

I think that's a pretty good price subject to:

+ the condition of the box (Jetfire boxes are also usually ripped and torn in unusual places maybe because the styro tray is not one contiguous piece but 2 separate pieces);

+ it's completeness (when it comes to Jetfire, completeness also means having that piece of rectangular cardboard that sits atop the styro);

+ whether stickers are applied and if so how well and are they peeling. Jetfire stickers tend to peel a lot at the corners;

+ gotta ask seller to check armour and see if anything is broken or chipped, whether there are any plastic stress marks. Careful inspection is needed because small pieces of say the handguard can be broken but hard to notice, but are essential for keeping armour in place;

+ IMPT: ask whether ALL pieces of the armour originally came with the toy. Far as I know there are a number of very slight variation in molding for Jetfire armours. If the armour did not originally come with the toy and was 'junked' together, it might not fit Jetfire nicely and pieces may be loose or fall off.

:D

1orion2many
6th April 2010, 02:50 PM
:)I got my G1 Jetfire for $350 Aus Minty white complete in it's box, I think the box from memory is about a C-8, one of the members on here sold him to me:D

heroic_decepticon
7th April 2010, 10:56 PM
What do you guys reckon is the price of a Bumblejumper (Bumper) in C9.5 condition, tight joints?

Would $90 be a reasonable price?

DarkHyren
14th April 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm just wondering, are the BotCon/TFClub figures really worth all the hype?
Some of them are cool, but they seem pretty expensive.
I mean I would really like a 2009 BC Leozack, but what price would I be likely to get him for?

langzixinxin
22nd April 2010, 08:13 PM
I'm just wondering, are the BotCon/TFClub figures really worth all the hype?
Some of them are cool, but they seem pretty expensive.
I mean I would really like a 2009 BC Leozack, but what price would I be likely to get him for?

personally I like leozack. Robotkingdom.com's price is 99USD. I would like to pay for this if I have nothing else to buy. But at this moment I don't have other things seems more a bargain than this one so the decision has been always delayed.

Anyway, I think the price is ok, just not always my priority.

langzixinxin
22nd April 2010, 08:14 PM
MISB armada galvatron, US box, how much do you think it costs to ship to Melbourne from US? and by what service?

many thx.

canofwhoopass_87
23rd April 2010, 05:11 PM
What do you guys reckon is the price of a Bumblejumper (Bumper) in C9.5 condition, tight joints?

Would $90 be a reasonable price?

I'd say C9.5 would be something of a rare find for such a collectible piece. I know transformerland has one of these little guys in stock once every 6 months or so. Each time they sell instantly for $90

http://www.transformerland.com/store/search3.php

I reckon $90 is a fairly reasonable price for Bumblejumper. A quick ebay search will also support this price methinks. Though if you're not willing to fork out that kind of money on just one little figure, can I suggest keeping an eye out for minibot lots? I've seen a couple of auctions in the past few months with a bumblejumper in it.

Golden Phoenix
23rd April 2010, 07:27 PM
What do you guy think a sealed Animated Voyager Shockwave in Australia go for?

valkyrie_76
26th April 2010, 09:45 PM
Just asking on how much people would pay for MIB Go Shooter and Metal Hawk. I have seen Go Shooter for around $340US and Metal Hawk for $500AUS.

valkyrie_76
26th April 2010, 09:50 PM
I think that's a pretty good price subject to:

+ the condition of the box (Jetfire boxes are also usually ripped and torn in unusual places maybe because the styro tray is not one contiguous piece but 2 separate pieces);

+ it's completeness (when it comes to Jetfire, completeness also means having that piece of rectangular cardboard that sits atop the styro);

+ whether stickers are applied and if so how well and are they peeling. Jetfire stickers tend to peel a lot at the corners;

+ gotta ask seller to check armour and see if anything is broken or chipped, whether there are any plastic stress marks. Careful inspection is needed because small pieces of say the handguard can be broken but hard to notice, but are essential for keeping armour in place;

+ IMPT: ask whether ALL pieces of the armour originally came with the toy. Far as I know there are a number of very slight variation in molding for Jetfire armours. If the armour did not originally come with the toy and was 'junked' together, it might not fit Jetfire nicely and pieces may be loose or fall off.

:D

Heh...the Jetfire I got has the small cardboard bit across the front of the plane so I was lucky on that. Lucked out on that plus dont forget the gun clip, many times you see that not inside the box.

heroic_decepticon
26th April 2010, 10:26 PM
Heh...the Jetfire I got has the small cardboard bit across the front of the plane so I was lucky on that. Lucked out on that plus dont forget the gun clip, many times you see that not inside the box.

Congrats, that's great! Any pics?

Personally, I'm not inclined to pay too much for Go-Shooter and/or Minelba because they are essentially recolours without any mold changes, but US$340 for Go-Shooter (if MIB) sounds like a good price give the rarity of the figure.

US$500 for Metalhawk (again assuming it's MIB with insert) sounds like a pretty fair price in today's market. However, US$420-450 shipping would be what I would pay today (I did get my Metalhawk MIB in 2004 at the fluke price of US$70 though).

On a side note, the Metalhawk robot is easily the fugliest of the standard size pretender inner robots. :p

heroic_decepticon
27th April 2010, 11:52 PM
I'd say C9.5 would be something of a rare find for such a collectible piece. I know transformerland has one of these little guys in stock once every 6 months or so. Each time they sell instantly for $90

http://www.transformerland.com/store/search3.php

I reckon $90 is a fairly reasonable price for Bumblejumper. A quick ebay search will also support this price methinks. Though if you're not willing to fork out that kind of money on just one little figure, can I suggest keeping an eye out for minibot lots? I've seen a couple of auctions in the past few months with a bumblejumper in it.

hi Whoop, Bumblejumper came in today.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/11971/2560281140100811158S500x500Q85.jpg (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2560281140100811158ENtkoZ)

I actually bought it as a lot with pre-rub Cliffjumper, Red Bumblebee and pre-rub Brawn with cardback (also bought Needlenose from the same seller). Bumblejumper is very minty has tight joints, nothing broken and has a near C10 Autobot insignia on his chest. I'm very happy with the piece but is secretly still questioning the sanity of paying that much for a tiny piece with a simple transformation.

Still, you research did set my mind at ease. Thanks! :D

Question for you: I spent a total of AU$195.82 on the lot and I'm saying that Bumblejumper works out to be approx AU$90 on the basis of the following breakdown-
- Needlenose complete C8 (some stickers scratched) = AU$55.00
- Brawn, C9.5, pre-rub, with cardback = AU$13.00
- Cliffjumper, C8.5, pre-rub, stamped "1980-1984 Japan" = AU$12.00
- Bumblebee red, C9, rub sign, stamped "1974-1983 Japan" = AU$25.00
- Bumblejumper, C9.5, 'pre-rub', stamped "1980-1984 Japan" = AU$90.82

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/47503/2923287860100811158S500x500Q85.jpg (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2923287860100811158JRsAyX)

What do you think of the prices I assigned to the pieces? Depending on each price assignment, Bumblejumper could be more or less than AU$90.

dirge
28th April 2010, 07:39 AM
About market price for BJ, maybe a little less. He goes for horrendous prices compared to the other Minicars (which is understandable). Ironically, I paid less for my red Microchange version (from Singapore, BTW) than I did for Bumblejumper.

Autocon
28th April 2010, 03:19 PM
how much for silverbolt and torca as a set? both complete

Linthart
29th April 2010, 06:46 PM
Ok so considering selling some botcon stuff.
what should i be asking for......... all loose and complete with instructions

07 dreadwind
09 scourge and 3 sweeps

cheers guys

Autocon
2nd May 2010, 02:59 AM
henkie cheetor + dinobot?
universe cheetor + dinobot?

Linthart
15th May 2010, 04:07 PM
2002 new years G1 optimus prime re-issue MISB autographed by peter cullen?

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv281/LintHart/DSC08111.jpg

heroic_decepticon
26th May 2010, 02:10 PM
Negotiating a purchase of loose Targetmaster Blurr in C9 condition, a few stickers worn.

Price and shipping works out to be around AU$98.

What do you guys think in terms of price in relation to today's market and the apparent 'rarity' of TM Blurr these days?

Sky Shadow
26th May 2010, 06:58 PM
Negotiating a purchase of loose Targetmaster Blurr in C9 condition, a few stickers worn.

Price and shipping works out to be around AU$98.

What do you guys think in terms of price in relation to today's market and the apparent 'rarity' of TM Blurr these days?

I think that's not a bad price if it's being shipped from out of Australia, HD. Unlike Kup and Hot Rod, Blurr and Haywire never been reissued, and considering what TM Cyclonus and Scourge can go for, by contrast it's downright reasonable.

heroic_decepticon
26th May 2010, 09:01 PM
I think that's not a bad price if it's being shipped from out of Australia, HD. Unlike Kup and Hot Rod, Blurr and Haywire never been reissued, and considering what TM Cyclonus and Scourge can go for, by contrast it's downright reasonable.

Thanks SS for the advice! I'm hesitating ever so slightly because the AUD has taken a battering in the past few days. Just counting my lucky stars that I bought and paid for Dinoking and a certain ***** ***** before it started going downhill...

heroic_decepticon
1st June 2010, 05:40 PM
guys, another price check request from me for vintage experts like Sky Shadow, Kup, Whoop, 5FDP, bruticus, dirge, liegeprime, jgon (where are you man?) and anyone else with working knowlege of the subject matter. Question to griffin too, since you obviously have these guys.

I've been offered the Jap exclusive Powermaster engines Aquastar, Boretto (Bullet) and Zettoca (Zatca) all MIB, C9.5 opened from MISB for inspection with complete paperworks.

Wondering what are your views in terms of rarity and price to pay? My subjective valuation, which has no basis on facts or research of any kind, is in the region of AU$65 to $80 each.

Too much? Too little? What are your thoughts? :p

hanprimus
20th June 2010, 09:33 AM
Just curious with how much of the botcon shattered glass evil optimus going for theseday? More than$300?

valkyrie_76
20th June 2010, 10:27 AM
guys, another price check request from me for vintage experts like Sky Shadow, Kup, Whoop, 5FDP, bruticus, dirge, liegeprime, jgon (where are you man?) and anyone else with working knowlege of the subject matter. Question to griffin too, since you obviously have these guys.

I've been offered the Jap exclusive Powermaster engines Aquastar, Boretto (Bullet) and Zettoca (Zatca) all MIB, C9.5 opened from MISB for inspection with complete paperworks.

Wondering what are your views in terms of rarity and price to pay? My subjective valuation, which has no basis on facts or research of any kind, is in the region of AU$65 to $80 each.

Too much? Too little? What are your thoughts? :p

Im no expert there HD but the ones I have seen are around $100 but thats on ebay and we know how much of a mark up they are so I think the region you mentioned would be about how much I would pay.

heroic_decepticon
20th June 2010, 08:08 PM
Im no expert there HD but the ones I have seen are around $100 but thats on ebay and we know how much of a mark up they are so I think the region you mentioned would be about how much I would pay.

thanks man!
I've already bought these and they are on the way... 3 down from the "rare tiny Japan exclusive list", another 10 to go... sign

Eruntalon
1st July 2010, 11:26 AM
How much should I pay for a loose G1 Cerebros for Fortress Maximus?

1orion2many
1st July 2010, 11:51 AM
:confused:I don't think you'd get 1 for under $75 U.S, I think they are actually closer to about $150 U.S now unfortunately:(

Ingram
1st July 2010, 07:30 PM
I scouted out every possible store I could buy TF from today in my town and I have some prices I'd like you guys to critique and tell me if they're worth it or not.

Supreme Class - Optimus Prime Animated - $60
Leader Class - Ultra Magnus Animated - $70
Voyager Optimus Prime Animated - $49
Voyager Starscream Animated - $49
Voyager Bulkhead Animated - $49
Voyager Cybertron Megatron Animated - $49

-

I don't think I'm interested in the Supreme Class Opt, he's pretty big and kiddie looking.

Leader Class Ultra Mag is pretty rad, and I definitely like the Voyager Class Animated, even if $49 is a tad much for my budget.

Thoughts?

On an unrelated note, spotted in Myer today for $199 a Lego Imperial Flagship which looks insanely awesome. It's 60CM tall! Aparently they're discontinued now, and I've checked on Ebay and they're going for a minimum of $250.

Also I really love that Tantive IV Star Wars lego ship for $299 at K-Mart. But I think the Imperial ship is better bang for buck.

Paulbot
1st July 2010, 07:41 PM
Just curious with how much of the botcon shattered glass evil optimus going for theseday? More than$300?

Is it really worth something like that? Hmm...

I scouted out every possible store I could buy TF from today in my town and I have some prices I'd like you guys to critique and tell me if they're worth it or not.

Supreme Class - Optimus Prime Animated - $60
Leader Class - Ultra Magnus Animated - $70
Voyager Optimus Prime Animated - $49
Voyager Starscream Animated - $49
Voyager Bulkhead Animated - $49
Voyager Cybertron Megatron Animated - $49

Animated Voyagers are in good supply in Melbourne Targets and have been on special (clearance) for around $25 but keep going back up to $49. If you're patient you might be able to get that price again (although I'm not sure in the regional centres).

Ultra Magnus is one of the best Animated Leaders (the best IMO). Again, the other Animated Leaders have been on sale for $20 at Melbourne Targets too but I've never seen Ultra Magnus that cheap. I bought Magnus for $70 when it first came out and don't regret it.

Supreme Optimus Prime is only worth picking up cheaply, otherwise you're better off spending money on Magnus or a Voyager toy.

Ingram
1st July 2010, 07:57 PM
I figure the TFA stuff is going to be gotten rid of eventually since the line is finished? My Target had plenty of them, so I figure they will mark them for clearance at some stage.

I'd love to get Magnus though, do you think I could find it elsewhere cheaper than $70?

gdmetro
1st July 2010, 10:40 PM
I figure the TFA stuff is going to be gotten rid of eventually since the line is finished? My Target had plenty of them, so I figure they will mark them for clearance at some stage.

I'd love to get Magnus though, do you think I could find it elsewhere cheaper than $70?

Hmm Ive got a Mib TFA magnus- got given as a gift. I used it for display for a short time and now its in box. Been looking to sell or trade.

Im not sure about the price, probably 40-50? Pm me if you're interested and we'll work something out. Although Im not sure about shipping costs which may or may not affect the price margin significantly.

Ingram
3rd July 2010, 11:00 PM
$57 for TFA Optimus + Megatron Voyager double pack box thingy.

Optimus has battle damage all over him which some will think looks lame. I think you can clean it off with little effort/damage?

Yay/Nay?

Sky Shadow
3rd July 2010, 11:27 PM
$57 for TFA Optimus + Megatron Voyager double pack box thingy.

Optimus has battle damage all over him which some will think looks lame. I think you can clean it off with little effort/damage?

Yay/Nay?

You can get it shipped for less than $50:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Animated-TRU-PRIME-vs-MEGATRON-DVD-Set-/180519234087?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item2a07c8ea27

It's up to you. I'm very fond of the Megatron mould, but it was also my first Animated toy and so there might be some sentiment mixed up in my judgement. However, that Optimus Prime is nowhere near as good as the Cybertronian mode deluxe (which is awesome). The DVD is great if you don't already have it.

Ingram
3rd July 2010, 11:29 PM
I've been very suspicious of Transformers on Ebay from Hong Kong. Can they be trusted?

EDIT: Oh, it isn't a Voyager, it's a deluxe! Sorry about that.

heroic_decepticon
4th July 2010, 12:52 AM
I've been very suspicious of Transformers on Ebay from Hong Kong. Can they be trusted?

EDIT: Oh, it isn't a Voyager, it's a deluxe! Sorry about that.

What issue do you have in mind?

Ingram
4th July 2010, 01:18 AM
What issue do you have in mind?

I figured they'd be fake?

heroic_decepticon
4th July 2010, 01:55 AM
difficult to form a view unless there are particular auctions you are referring to. However, its unlikely that a recent release would be fake just based on the fact that its being sold from Hong Kong.

5FDP
4th July 2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, what HD said. KO's of recent toys are also very easy to spot because more often than not, the packaging is completely different - unlike most Geewon KO's which also try to replicate the packaging.

If in doubt, ask other members here and they'll be able to steer you in the right direction.

On a personal note, I have never had any issues with HK based sellers. In fact, I find them more reliable than some US based ones.

Skullcruncher
26th July 2010, 02:27 PM
Hi, what do you guys think the current going rate for a TM scourge complete in decent condition would be?
Thanks!

5FDP
26th July 2010, 02:31 PM
Hi, what do you guys think the current going rate for a TM scourge complete in decent condition would be?
Thanks!

They're not cheap. You're looking at somewhere between $300-$350 for a complete one in C8 or better condition.

heroic_decepticon
26th July 2010, 10:10 PM
They're not cheap. You're looking at somewhere between $300-$350 for a complete one in C8 or better condition.

I think that's about right. And a MIB TM Scourge would be around US$450 to $500. However, there are known to be lulls in the market and sometimes, they do go for cheaper. With the amount of KO Scourges floating around, I'd be very careful with anything on eBay. Recommend singling out sellers that appear to be selling they childhood toys or mothers selling their children's unwanted toys from the attic. Generally, you can sort of tell by looking at the other auctions they have on.

I bought my TM Scourge MIB for US$185 during a lull in the market. (http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/576029694VMBdxD)The box is C8 (tech specs cut but included) but the toy was missing all the screws on the arms and the legs. That wasn't such a big issue once I went back to SG cos I have an army of standard Scourges to be used as Sweeps and simply took the screws from one of them for my TM Scourge. Between the few of us (5FDP and Sky Shadow and Kup included), we figured that the 'bonnet' sticker of TM Scourge is also slightly different from the standard Scourges' bonnet sticker. So, another thing to watch for. :D

5FDP
26th July 2010, 11:01 PM
Just to add to what HD has said, there are KO Scourge's on the market however there are no KO TM Scourge's. If you are buying loose (which I am assuming you are), request pics with Scourge holding his TM partner. The reason I say this is that a main mold difference between regular Scourge and the TM version, is that TM Scourge has larger peg holes in his fists to accommodate the gun. Also ask for a close-up shot of this and the peg on the TM that goes into the hole just to make sure there are no modifications going on. Lastly, there is also a widened hold on top of his head. Hope this helps :)

Skullcruncher
27th July 2010, 02:41 PM
Ah ok some good tips there. I did win a loose one off ebay but the bidding was very dodgy so I havn't paid for it yet.

I was out bid with less than 30 seconds - so I increased my bit by a couple of $$.

I was outbid again in the final 10 seconds so sat there and watched the timer count down but in the last 2 seconds the bid that outbid me was retracted by the bidder for entering a wrong amount!

I Now await ebay to review but I dont think they are going to be much help.... :(

Sky Shadow
27th July 2010, 02:51 PM
Ah ok some good tips there. I did win a loose one off ebay but the bidding was very dodgy so I havn't paid for it yet.

I was out bid with less than 30 seconds - so I increased my bit by a couple of $$.

I was outbid again in the final 10 seconds so sat there and watched the timer count down but in the last 2 seconds the bid that outbid me was retracted by the bidder for entering a wrong amount!

I Now await ebay to review but I dont think they are going to be much help.... :(

Have you checked the bids to see if the identity who retracted the bid often bids on that seller's auctions? It could be a dodgy shill bidder. :mad:

Skullcruncher
27th July 2010, 04:02 PM
Have you checked the bids to see if the identity who retracted the bid often bids on that seller's auctions? It could be a dodgy shill bidder. :mad:

Yeah thats what I suspect - the 'other bidder' has a feedback of 1 but has quite a high number of retractions.... c'mon ebay support, not that im holding out much hope for them to do anything.

Sky Shadow
27th July 2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah thats what I suspect - the 'other bidder' has a feedback of 1 but has quite a high number of retractions.... c'mon ebay support, not that im holding out much hope for them to do anything.

Did you check the "bid (%) activity with this seller" and "30-Day bid history" sections to see if the bids (and retractions, I suppose) are on that seller's items? (You're right though, eBay are useless with scammers, even when there's deeply suspicious circumstances and mountains of evidence.)

heroic_decepticon
27th July 2010, 11:09 PM
I suppose you could just not pay. If you have a high enough number of feedbacks, 1 negative is not really going to make a dent (assuming negatives can still be given?).

heroic_decepticon
28th July 2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks!

There's one on now. I thought it was US$199, but later realised its GBP199... sign. Anyway, here it is. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260641432472&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_4177wt_1139) I've spoken to this seller before, very nice guy. Didn't actually win his stuff though.

5FDP
28th July 2010, 10:04 PM
There's one on now. I thought it was US$199, but later realised its GBP199... sign. Anyway, here it is. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260641432472&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_4177wt_1139) I've spoken to this seller before, very nice guy. Didn't actually win his stuff though.

Yeah, that's approx. AU$345... seems about right.

Skullcruncher
29th July 2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks everyone for their help and comments.

Ebay didn't find anything so I paid via paypal.

The price was still in my budget so overall im still happy. Now just waiting for him to arrive!

kurdt_the_goat
7th August 2010, 12:35 AM
How much are Masterforce Pretenders Diver and Phoenix worth?

Sky Shadow
7th August 2010, 10:25 AM
How much are Masterforce Pretenders Diver and Phoenix worth?

Not too much. MIB and shipped you should be able to get them for about $100 each.

heroic_decepticon
7th August 2010, 11:35 AM
Not too much. MIB and shipped you should be able to get them for about $100 each.

Yup. I think that's about right. jgon was selling them MIB for $80 each during his huge blow out sale last year.

SkyWarp91
18th August 2010, 04:39 PM
I already own a Hasbro ROTF Leader OP and Jetfire, but I really want that gun that Takara ROTF Leader OP has.

Should I buy the ROTF Takara Leader-OP and Jetfire just for that gun? (@ $169)

kurdt_the_goat
18th August 2010, 05:27 PM
That's a lot to pay for just the gun, no matter how cool it is!
Perhaps you could get the 3rd party set that lights up and has guns for classics + alternity prime too.
RK is restocking September for $25US (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFATFC005R&lang=us&CatID=) and here's a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LItiC_kdT-Y)

Autocon
18th August 2010, 06:06 PM
how much is movie black arcee mint misb whatever sealed worth

jazzcomp
22nd August 2010, 02:09 PM
how much are these worth?
good condition c9.5 on display

5 classics deluxe bb, hotrod, starscream, astrot, grimlock
universe deluxe cyclonus, tankor, voyager blaster, mudflap & onslaught ultra
Cybertron supreme Cybertron Primus, Metroplex deluxe Excelion, Thundercracker & ultra Jetstorm
TFTM voyager prime, megatron, ironhide, incilerator, ratchet
deluxe brawl, bonecrusher, jazz, landmine, barricade, wreckage and stealth bb

jazzcomp
23rd August 2010, 01:10 PM
Help please...

Cybertron supreme Cybertron Primus, Metroplex deluxe Excelion, Thundercracker & ultra Jetstorm

5FDP
23rd August 2010, 07:46 PM
jazzcomp - That's a pretty hefty list you have there. You're best off checking their current value on Ebay. It will just require a bit of homework :) If I were to give you an estimate on each, that's exactly what I would be doing.

kurdt_the_goat
23rd August 2010, 07:54 PM
Help please...

I would hazard a guess that most of those are worth the the same or a bit less than what you would have paid originally.
Nothing's jumping out at me as being worth substantially more, except classics hot rod (but i'm not sure now that the 3 pack is out).

jazzcomp
24th August 2010, 11:24 AM
is $375-$400 about just right? too expensive?
just an approximation from the sizes of these.

Just wanted to get your ideas since you guys have a lot. :)

thanks, 5FDP - i'll check ebay.

primatives
13th September 2010, 04:57 PM
hey guys i wanted to know what is an okay price for G1 Chromedome and G1 Sunstreaker.

I don't want a loose one that is rusted and is scratched but in fairly good condition. im fairly picky obviously the sittfer the joints and chrome the better. I was thinking about $100 is what id pay for each what do u think??? Fair?

I was also looking at buying the deluxe insecticons what are they worth in fairly good condtion?? thanks :)

SkyWarp91
14th September 2010, 04:09 PM
Animated Ultra Magnus for $60 at my local Toyworld, is it worth it??

5FDP
14th September 2010, 08:04 PM
Animated Ultra Magnus for $60 at my local Toyworld, is it worth it??

Not at that price. I've seen them for half that at other stores. Someone else who bought one should be able to verify the price I'm talking about.

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2010, 11:12 PM
okay - I am in the process of purging some of my boxes just cos they're taking up too much damn space. I'd like to sell them but I have no idea how much they're worth.

Here's what I'm looking to get rid of... please tell me what you guys think is a fair price for these. They all still have their insert trays too. Thanks.

+ Animated Voyager Class Optimus Prime
+ Beast Wars Transmetal Optimal Optimus
+ Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron
+ Classics Jetfire (Voyager Class)
+ Revenge of the Fallen Combiner Class Devastator
+ Animorphs Ax/Scorpion
+ Sonokong Beast Wars Neo Mach Kick vs. Archadys
+ Energon Jetfire
+ Energon Mega Dinobot (Grimlock and Swoop)
+ Hasbro reissue Waspinator
+ Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime vs. Megatron
+ Beast Machines Rattrap
+ Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime
+ Alternators Rodimus - blister has been cut open
+ Alternators Nemesis Prime - blister has been cut open
+ Hasbro reissue Red Alert
+ Hasbro reissue Hoist
+ Hasbro reissue Grapple
+ Universe Leader Class Silverbolt, USA Edition
+ Encore Ironhide
+ Encore Ratchet
+ Machine Wars Optimus Prime

e-Hobby:
+ Crosscut
+ Roadrage
+ Streak
+ Deepcover
+ Clampdown
+ Sunstorm (original)
+ Road Hauler
+ Astrotrain
+ Detritus
+ Insecticon Clone Army
+ Overcharge
+ Cobalt Sentry
+ Magnificus & Gamede
+ Orion Pax
+ Twincast

Once I have an idea of how much people are willing to pay for these boxes then I will make a sales thread in the appropriate section. I'm not looking to make a lot of money from them - they're just empty boxes after all... but I'd rather see them in the hands of another collector, cos otherwise they're all going into the recycling bin.

Thank you! :) m(__)m

Hursticon
14th September 2010, 11:37 PM
okay - I am in the process of purging some of my boxes just cos they're taking up too much damn space. I'd like to sell them but I have no idea how much they're worth.

Here's what I'm looking to get rid of... please tell me what you guys think is a fair price for these. They all still have their insert trays too. Thanks.

+ Beast Wars Transmetal Optimal Optimus

Ooh, Ooh!

Goki could I please have this one? $10 ok? or would you like more?

I've got BW TM2 Megtron's Box and this one would compliment it nicely! :D

jaydisc
15th September 2010, 08:08 AM
Encore Ironhide and Ratchet are near worthless. They're still flooded in Hong Kong and no one wants them. I have new ones available for A$25.

gamblor916
15th September 2010, 08:44 AM
@Gok - I'm interested in the Deepcover box. Has it got the bubble insert as well? How much do you want for it?

5FDP
15th September 2010, 07:35 PM
cos otherwise they're all going into the recycling bin.

Don't be surprised if you spot me lurking near your bins :p

Skullcruncher
16th September 2010, 09:05 AM
PC on superion giftset? The front of the box looks ok but the sides are a bit munted...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Original-Transformers-G1-Superion-Giftset-boxed-/180561389693?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item2a0a4c287d

Sharky
16th September 2010, 09:28 AM

*Snip*

Once I have an idea of how much people are willing to pay for these boxes then I will make a sales thread in the appropriate section. I'm not looking to make a lot of money from them - they're just empty boxes after all... but I'd rather see them in the hands of another collector, cos otherwise they're all going into the recycling bin.

Thank you! :) m(__)m

putting prices on packaging is hard, its more where the demand is, i would probably see who is interested in what and take what they would offer since you dont want it anyway any money is good money, what ever doesnt generate interest stick a $1 on it

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2010, 05:06 PM
putting prices on packaging is hard, its more where the demand is, i would probably see who is interested in what and take what they would offer since you dont want it anyway any money is good money, what ever doesnt generate interest stick a $1 on it
I agree, and I was initially thinking about doing that, but I was concerned that it might in violation of board rule 12a: "Vague things like EOIs (expressions of interest) are not permitted"

So I'm just getting a feel of how much people would be willing to pay for these boxes. This is not a sale thread - so if you say, "I would $X for Y box" then please do NOT feel that you are at all obliged to buy it! I will be making an actual sale thread for these boxes later once I've decided how much I want to charge for them. By the way, there are more boxes that I don't want which I haven't listed - so do keep your eyes peeled when the thread is made. :)

But yeah - anyone interested in purchasing these boxes will need to re-express their interest in the sales thread once it's made. Hursti and gamblor, I'm willing to hold Optimal Optimus and Deepcover's boxes for you, and I'll be asking you to confirm it once the sale thread is actually made. You may hopefully find more boxes that you want and we might be able to work out a cheaper deal with the purchase of multiple items.

But yeah, prices are definitely negotiable. So at the moment I'm looking at a price range of between $1 to $10, depending on the size, rarity and condition of the box (more info will be forthcoming once the sale thread is made)

Thanks for your input folks (^_^)

Autocon
17th September 2010, 12:56 AM
Ooh, Ooh!

Goki could I please have this one? $10 ok? or would you like more?

I've got BW TM2 Megtron's Box and this one would compliment it nicely! :D

if the unthinkable happens ill take it if he pulls out!

Sonokong Beast Wars Neo Mach Kick vs. Archadys

is this a special set? i think i have archadys the green dino bird

but then id need mach kick:o

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2010, 12:35 PM
Autocon: it's the Korean box for Mach Kick vs. Archadys. Uses the same box art as Takara but different packaging style and of course the text is in Korean instead of Japanese.

Eruntalon
19th September 2010, 10:47 PM
How much would one expect to pay for each of the six Japanese exclusive Head Master Warriors in loose c9+ condition?

Hursticon
19th September 2010, 10:55 PM
How much would one expect to pay for each of the six Japanese exclusive Head Master Warriors in loose c9+ condition?

If they're legit figures Eruntalon, I shudder to think mate. :p:eek:

heroic_decepticon
19th September 2010, 11:05 PM

you mean Lione, Trizor, Shuffler, Rodney, Kaku and Loafer? Coloured or white?

Eruntalon
20th September 2010, 12:08 AM
you mean Lione, Trizor, Shuffler, Rodney, Kaku and Loafer? Coloured or white?

Just out of interest, I was mostly referring to the coloured as I know that genuine colourless are going to be worth more.

heroic_decepticon
20th September 2010, 12:32 AM
Just out of interest, I was mostly referring to the coloured as I know that genuine colourless are going to be worth more.

Cool. Here's what I think they are worth based on my research since I was looking for them furiously before the "superise Headmasters" was released. Note that what I think they are worth does not mean that they are prices I would buy them at. heh.

Prices are for MIB ones.
Lione = AU$250
Trizor = AU$250
Shuffler = US$1,200-1,400 (relatively much rarer; the white version is estimated at US$10,000 by the guys at the TFW2005 "Holy Grails group")
Rodney = AU$200
Kaku = AU$300-350 (relatively rarer humanoid HM)
Loafer = AU$250

At one point in I could have gotta 5 out of the 6, sans Shuffler, for AU$1200. They're pretty expensive eitherways.

Eruntalon
20th September 2010, 12:49 AM
Cool. Here's what I think they are worth based on my research since I was looking for them furiously before the "superise Headmasters" was released. Note that what I think they are worth does not mean that they are prices I would buy them at. heh.

Prices are for MIB ones.
Lione = AU$250
Trizor = AU$250
Shuffler = US$1,200-1,400 (relatively much rarer; the white version is estimated at US$10,000 by the guys at the TFW2005 "Holy Grails group")
Rodney = AU$200
Kaku = AU$300-350 (relatively rarer humanoid HM)
Loafer = AU$250

At one point in I could have gotta 5 out of the 6, sans Shuffler, for AU$1200. They're pretty expensive eitherways.

Thanks. I'm going to presume I would expect to pay less than those prices for loose items so at least I have something to go by now.

heroic_decepticon
20th September 2010, 12:59 AM
Yup, I think loose will be less, but I don't think the price varies that much between loose and MIB for these guys. Just gotta make sure you get the authentic ones!

kurdt_the_goat
10th October 2010, 11:19 PM
TM06 Telemocha Black Widow.. how much?

Tallestblue
11th October 2010, 01:13 AM
I've only seen her online for 80+ plus dollars, which is why i jumped at the chance to grab it from you Kurdt, but sadly could not afford to pay for her in an appropriate amount of time. Life got in the way and other things caught my eye. So I apologise for that. But, in all honesty I think you can charge the same for her, as She's a rarity and a beautfiful figure.

primatives
28th October 2010, 12:37 PM
how much for misfire and slugslinger and also headmaster chromedome g1? in good condition c8??? thanks :)

Sky Shadow
28th October 2010, 01:29 PM
TM06 Telemocha Black Widow.. how much?

I've only seen her online for 80+ plus dollars, which is why i jumped at the chance to grab it from you Kurdt, but sadly could not afford to pay for her in an appropriate amount of time. Life got in the way and other things caught my eye. So I apologise for that. But, in all honesty I think you can charge the same for her, as She's a rarity and a beautfiful figure.

Really? I have an MISB one of those. If anyone's willing to pay $80, it's theirs. :)

jazzcomp
3rd November 2010, 11:13 AM
How much for BT-14 Wheeljack & and Henkei C-20 Red Alert?

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2011, 09:13 PM
How much would a G1 Icepick with Pretender Shell, shell-cover and Monstructor fist be worth?

Sky Shadow
18th January 2011, 09:24 PM
How much would a G1 Icepick with Pretender Shell, shell-cover and Monstructor fist be worth?

Icepick should come with a foot. Be aware that without the foot and his pistol, getting them will require shelling out big bucks. Pun intended.

Sharky
18th January 2011, 09:48 PM

i recently sold a loose birdbrain in good condition no shell no back plate and no parts for $2.50... 10 day auction on ebay......

unless its complete i dont think its worth much more then 30 (Am Generous as i do not know condition of parts) as they are the "common parts"

heroic_decepticon
19th January 2011, 12:47 AM
If a monstructor robot does not come complete with the little gun and monstructor part, it's usually worth very little, but have it complete and they are worth around $40-50 thereabouts. Shells and robots in a single auction might cost $10 or less...

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2011, 12:55 AM
Ah yes, it comes with Monstructor's foot. This is a toy I wanna sell btw, not buy. :) I got a complete Icepick for free, but I'm keeping the small gun for myself cos I lost my old one yonks ago, so I'm selling the excess (i.e. everything else but that gun). I already tried selling it here but I got no interest, so I got an international collector who's interested, so I'd like to know what would be a fair asking price. (^_^)

SkyWarp91
21st January 2011, 08:56 PM
What's the most I should be paying for a Classics Cliffjumper these days (can be loose) given the release of that upgrade kit?

Vector Prime
21st January 2011, 09:06 PM
What's the most I should be paying for a Classics Cliffjumper these days (can be loose) given the release of that upgrade kit?

Up to $30 for a loose one and possibly up to $50 for a MOSC.

Last one on eBay Oz sold for $36.50 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-CLIFFJUMPER-Classic-2006-complete-/320638531335?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item4aa78bb707#ht_1324wt_932) (MOSC)

Hursticon
21st January 2011, 09:10 PM

Well, he seems pretty darn hard to find at times, I bought one as a gift for 1AZRAEL1 but in order to do so I had to buy 5 other bloody figures (t'was a lot on eBay) and that was the only affordable option because individually I've seen them at $65 before postage and I don't know why either because those FansProject head replacement kits are absolutely stupid expensive and rare as hell! :eek::confused:

I'd say dude if you can find one for $30, you're doing alright but anything heading towards the $50 is not unheard of and I wouldn't pay any more than that IMO. :cool:

Hope that helps Skywarp. ;):)

1AZRAEL1
23rd January 2011, 08:01 AM
The price didn't go up alot because the upgrade kit was very scarce, and expensive. I never saw a CJ in stores, but others did. Maybe was harder to get than most. But between 30-40 is a good mark for his value.

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2011, 09:10 AM
No, Cliffjumper was pretty easy to find. Bit of a peg-warmer IIRC. Don't pay over $30 for it IMO

1AZRAEL1
23rd January 2011, 09:13 AM
I never saw him on the shlves when I went looking, just my view. Like I said, others saw him, I just didn't :)

Hursticon
23rd January 2011, 12:06 PM
I never saw him on the shlves when I went looking, just my view. Like I said, others saw him, I just didn't :)

That"s why I'm glad I grabbed mine when I first saw him, after that he was basically non-existent in my area. :o

mentok27
23rd January 2011, 08:30 PM
Been keeping an eye on ebay for a few weeks now looking for the Botcon 2007 Dreadwind, first solo fig ive seen went up the other day and starting bid is $400!!!! Please tell me this is out of sync with actual sale costs for this guy.

He isnt a priority with me right now since 3rd parties and HasTak have been pumping out top figs like crazy lately and im barely keeping up but during the downtime my buying will have during movie toy season id like to work towards getting this guy...... surely his cost is much more reasonable than this listing would suggest?

Skullcruncher
27th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Whats a decent price for a E-Hobby City Guardian? Havnt seen this guy turn up in australia recently so the postage would be cheaper than from overseas....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-City-Guardian-E-hobby-Omega-Supreme-/170595665120?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item27b84b44e0

Sharky
27th January 2011, 12:37 PM
Whats a decent price for a E-Hobby City Guardian? Havnt seen this guy turn up in australia recently so the postage would be cheaper than from overseas....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-City-Guardian-E-hobby-Omega-Supreme-/170595665120?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item27b84b44e0

Pretend you didnt see that auction......:p

i would think its not a bad price myself. not much around that i have seen most on ebay are around the same price if not higher worth it i think

spitzaboxing has had some nice stuff up recently

also has Converters Omegatron (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-OMEGATRON-MIB-pre-transformers-1984-/170595662001?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item27b84b38b1)

and a Time Warrior (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1-TIME-WARRIOR-plus-extra-watches-lot-/170595675213?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item27b84b6c4d)

jazzcomp
27th January 2011, 02:03 PM
How much for C-310 God Ginrai MIB?

GoktimusPrime
27th January 2011, 04:13 PM
One would hope that the asking price for God Ginrai would have gone down considering that the God Ginrai reissue was overproduced and was shelfwarming even with some Sydney importers desperately trying to flog them off at $20 a pop

valkyrie_76
27th January 2011, 09:46 PM

E-hobbys site in Japan had them on a reduced price I think but you might need someone who lives in Japan to get it for you.

Vector Prime
27th January 2011, 09:51 PM
FYI, RK has the e-Hobby City Guardians for $185 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFECR10EX&lang=us&CatID=1_55) and postage is about $34

KillinSpoon
28th January 2011, 08:01 AM
What is a MISB Movie Galvatron worth?

Vector Prime
28th January 2011, 10:49 AM
What is a MISB Movie Galvatron worth?

Which one's Movie Galvatron? :confused:

Sharky
28th January 2011, 11:18 AM
Which one's Movie Galvatron? :confused:

i am assuming the G1 Purple Repaint

Vector Prime
28th January 2011, 11:23 AM
i am assuming the G1 Purple Repaint

Right. The lavender (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Galvatron_(G1)/toys#Generation_1) one. :p

KillinSpoon
28th January 2011, 08:38 PM
Right. The lavender (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Galvatron_(G1)/toys#Generation_1) one. :p

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/548/eafp.png
This one, I have a friend selling it. He sells all of his stuff REALLLY cheap, even selling a Fort Max (with box) to BBTS for about $300. I know, what an idiot.

Vector Prime
28th January 2011, 08:57 PM
**SNIP**
This one, I have a friend selling it. He sells all of his stuff REALLLY cheap, even selling a Fort Max (with box) to BBTS for about $300. I know, what an idiot.

No idea tbh, but if he sold a Fort Max for $300 (WTF?!?), then I suppose you could offer him $50 for this. :D

KillinSpoon
28th January 2011, 09:32 PM
No idea tbh, but if he sold a Fort Max for $300 (WTF?!?), then I suppose you could offer him $50 for this. :D

Haha! He sold it for store credit so he could get a reissue predaking. Which he is now trying to get rid of... Rofl.

Hursticon
28th January 2011, 09:45 PM
He sells all of his stuff REALLLY cheap, even selling a Fort Max (with box) to BBTS for about $300. I know, what an idiot.

Haha! He sold it for store credit so he could get a reissue predaking. Which he is now trying to get rid of... Rofl.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/head20explode.jpg

This person... Is INSANE!!! :eek:
(No offence Killingspoon - he is crazy though! :p:D)

KillinSpoon
28th January 2011, 10:06 PM
I know man, last month I was looking for a Sixshot and this was the guy I ended up getting it off.
I ended up with a complete pretty much perfect sixshot, quickswitch, prerub soundwave and some other stuff (PCCs and some movie toys) for about $200AUD shipped. Freaking nuts!

Hursticon
28th January 2011, 10:20 PM
I know man, last month I was looking for a Sixshot and this was the guy I ended up getting it off.
I ended up with a complete pretty much perfect sixshot, quickswitch, prerub soundwave and some other stuff (PCCs and some movie toys) for about $200AUD shipped. Freaking nuts!

I hate you. :p:D

Well, if he is willing to part with them at such nutty prices and you're able to get in first - You'd be crazy-er not to. ;):)

Sharky
31st January 2011, 08:37 AM
What would micromater bases (ironworks greaspit airwave and hot house) be worth MISB????

Vector Prime
31st January 2011, 10:02 AM
Not being a G1 collector, I'm doing some research into purchasing some G1 figures (which were originally my first two TFs as a kid), what do you think I should be paying for the following:

Hound MISB or MIB
Blitzwing MISB or MIB

Seeking C8 or better with the MIB option having unapplied stickers, missiles on trees, complete - basically same as MISB, but without the sealed part.

I know I will be paying a very high premium, but as these two hold a very special place in my heart, so be it - any input or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Skullcruncher
31st January 2011, 10:16 AM
Not being a G1 collector, I'm doing some research into purchasing some G1 figures (which were originally my first two TFs as a kid), what do you think I should be paying for the following:

Hound MISB or MIB
Blitzwing MISB or MIB

Seeking C8 or better with the MIB option having unapplied stickers, missiles on trees, complete - basically same as MISB, but without the sealed part.

I know I will be paying a very high premium, but as these two hold a very special place in my heart, so be it - any input or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

I would say

Hound MIB - $130-150 MISB $400 or so
Blitzwing MIB - $110 - $130 MISB $325

But again totally depends on who looking at the same time if its on ebay. Hound MIB could go for $200 if its near perfect

heroic_decepticon
3rd February 2011, 03:56 AM

Hound MISB or MIB
Blitzwing MISB or MIB

Paul, apologies for taking a while to get back to you. I did see your PM.

Are you talking about getting the G1 versions, with bubble, but opened, everything else unused? If so, I think Hound would be around the range Skullcruncher mentioned (in USD). I know that in 2001, an MISB Hound went for USD600, its probably less now due to it being reissued. Blitzwing should also be around the region Skullcruncher mentioned, but I think it'd be around the USD$150 region for the condition you are looking for. If it comes with a nice bubble, chances are you'd expect to pay an extra premium for Blitzwing because the bubble (like all the decepticon triple changers) is odd shaped and really easy to muck and make it in bad condition.

With that being said however, I recommend getting the TFC reissues for BOTH these figures (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2007/10/takara-transformer-collection-series.html), unless you must have G1 versions of them, because:
- I think quality wise they are pretty close to the G1 versions;
- comes with nice extras and great packaging;
- this version of Blitzwing comes with the sharp version of his sword (same as the one you see in the catalogues), whereas the US version came with a rounded version that frankly does not look much like a sword);
- much easier to track down
- cheaper
- if they are MISB (which would still be cheap), you can be sure that they are NOT Zhong Jin KOs
- you get to get them absolutely minty

That's sort of my 2 cents... :D

Vector Prime
3rd February 2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the replies HD and Skullcruncher.

I have no intention on opening them up and want the two purely for nostalgia's sake, but definitely do want as 'minty' condition (i.e.brand new) ones as possible.

So yeah, I guess the other alternative is the TFC re-issues (since finding MISB ones are a lot easier to track down).

Having said that though, TFC Blitzwing MISB rarely pops up for sale and when it does, it's over $200 - for a reissue!

I guess I'll keep an eye out on eBay and see how I go - at the end of the day, I guess it comes down to what I'm prepared to pay for nostalgia I suppose.

Skullcruncher
3rd February 2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the replies HD and Skullcruncher.

I have no intention on opening them up and want the two purely for nostalgia's sake, but definitely do want as 'minty' condition (i.e.brand new) ones as possible.

So yeah, I guess the other alternative is the TFC re-issues (since finding MISB ones are a lot easier to track down).

Having said that though, TFC Blitzwing MISB rarely pops up for sale and when it does, it's over $200 - for a reissue!

I guess I'll keep an eye out on eBay and see how I go - at the end of the day, I guess it comes down to what I'm prepared to pay for nostalgia I suppose.

This seller has both Reissues but both appear to have been opened :).. Hound doesn't have a have high quality KO....yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Collection-17-BLITZWING-Takara-Boxed-/370481083244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564264b36c

Vector Prime
3rd February 2011, 12:08 PM
This seller has both Reissues but both appear to have been opened :).. Hound doesn't have a have high quality KO....yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Collection-17-BLITZWING-Takara-Boxed-/370481083244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564264b36c

Thanks, I saw that, but if I'm going to get the TFC reissues, I would prefer MISB.

I've seen a MISB TFC Hound for $180 inc postage - not sure if this is reasonable or not? :confused:

Sky Shadow
3rd February 2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks, I saw that, but if I'm going to get the TFC reissues, I would prefer MISB.

I've seen a MISB TFC Hound for $180 inc postage - not sure if this is reasonable or not? :confused:

That is insanely unreasonable. You shouldn't have to pay more than $100.

Vector Prime
3rd February 2011, 03:39 PM
That is insanely unreasonable. You shouldn't have to pay more than $100.

I thought so, considering some of the responses I've had above to original MIB ones being around the $150 mark.

Anyways, I'm keeping an eye on an original G1 AFA 80 MISB Hound at the moment - still a long way to go in the auction but starting bid was $300USD

Sharky
4th February 2011, 08:14 AM
one of my "Hit List" Items for 2011 is Actionmaster Optimus Prime and was wondering what sort of price range am i looking at for this guy without it being a rediculous price (or AFA)?

lose and/or MIB

:)

and if anyone has one for sale drop me a pm

swoop
14th February 2011, 09:59 PM
Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to either japan or hong kong in the new year and plan on hunting down a few of my grails.

I'll be looking for mib soundblaster, twincast, battle gaia, hydra, buster and possibly metalhawk.

How much do you think I'll be looking at for each figure and for those that have recently been over there did you see any?

Any help would be appreciated

heroic_decepticon
16th February 2011, 02:58 AM
Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to either japan or hong kong in the new year and plan on hunting down a few of my grails.

I'll be looking for mib soundblaster, twincast, battle gaia, hydra, buster and possibly metalhawk.

How much do you think I'll be looking at for each figure and for those that have recently been over there did you see any?

Any help would be appreciated

There are sound blasters and twin casts in HK. Expect to pay in the region of hkd5000+ each.

All others I have not seen either in HK or in Tokyo. According to my toy shop owner friend, Tokyo is probably the most dismal place to hunt TFs now, it's constantly/ daily raided by HK ers, singaporeans and mainland Chinese for TFs. It's pathetic compared to a year ago, where ALL the pieces you mentioned above can be seen (and I have seen in fact, photos in my blog).

My question of the day:
Guys, any idea how much a diaclone police white sunstreaker is worth MIB, no yellowing at all? I know this is one of the rarer diaclone pieces, just not sure exactly how much dosh i t commands.

gamblor916
16th February 2011, 07:14 AM
My question of the day:
Guys, any idea how much a diaclone police white sunstreaker is worth MIB, no yellowing at all? I know this is one of the rarer diaclone pieces, just not sure exactly how much dosh i t commands.

I've seen an off white example go for around $500 on ebay so a pristine white one would fetch more I assume.

janda the red
16th February 2011, 01:08 PM
hey guys...

just wanted some advice from a more knowledgable member:

what would be a good price on gen 1 jet thrust?

the one i'm lookoing at on ebay appears to be c-8, he's asking $399

i had one of these as a kid and would love to have a misb copy....

any ideas on top and bottom end prices? i dont wanna get ripped off

thanks in advance

janda :)

swoop
16th February 2011, 09:28 PM
There are sound blasters and twin casts in HK. Expect to pay in the region of hkd5000+ each.

All others I have not seen either in HK or in Tokyo. According to my toy shop owner friend, Tokyo is probably the most dismal place to hunt TFs now, it's constantly/ daily raided by HK ers, singaporeans and mainland Chinese for TFs. It's pathetic compared to a year ago, where ALL the pieces you mentioned above can be seen (and I have seen in fact, photos in my blog).

Thanks for the response heroic, it figures that when I'm ready to head over there everything would dry up.

5FDP
16th February 2011, 10:45 PM
hey guys...

just wanted some advice from a more knowledgable member:

what would be a good price on gen 1 jet thrust?

the one i'm lookoing at on ebay appears to be c-8, he's asking $399

i had one of these as a kid and would love to have a misb copy....

any ideas on top and bottom end prices? i dont wanna get ripped off

thanks in advance

That's actually a good price for a C8 MISB Thrust. Do you have any links to images?

heroic_decepticon
16th February 2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the response heroic, it figures that when I'm ready to head over there everything would dry up.

Hokkaido and Osaka may be a better bet for what you are looking for (but I wouldnt bet my horses on it).

Tokyo, especially the Akihabara area should still be enjoyable for a toy collector, if you are in the frame of mind of not getting anything but might delightfully chance upon something...

The main sources of G1 TFs there - Mandarake and Liberty Store do not have much. But then again, that depends on the completeness of your collection. Pics will be posted on my blog soon-ish, so you can gauge for yourself.

janda the red
17th February 2011, 07:18 AM
thanks for the reply 5fdp.....appreciate it

i'd post a link.....but i'm not sure of how to do it :o (i'll figure it out.....but gotta get to work early this morn)

anyways.....its being sold by iamratchet on american ebay.

i think i'll put in an offer on my lunch break today

janda the red
17th February 2011, 01:12 PM
please work, please work......lol

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310295706757&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

5FDP
17th February 2011, 01:16 PM
thanks for the reply 5fdp.....appreciate it

i'd post a link.....but i'm not sure of how to do it :o (i'll figure it out.....but gotta get to work early this morn)

anyways.....its being sold by iamratchet on american ebay.

i think i'll put in an offer on my lunch break today

This (http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Original-G1-Thrust-MISB-Sealed-Box-/310295706757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f10bc85) would be the one then.

It's a Hasbro 1985 release and not the Chinese 1990's reissue so IMO it is worth close to the asking price. I wouldn't say that the box is C8 though considering the flap crease and edge wear.

Good luck with your offer.

FYI - To insert a link to a website just use the globe / paperclip icon.

EDIT: Just noticed you worked out the link thing :)

janda the red
17th February 2011, 01:19 PM
wooo hooo!!!! it worked! wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be....lol

upon closer look at pics, its probably closer to c7

thanks again though...

janda the red
17th February 2011, 01:23 PM
This (http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Original-G1-Thrust-MISB-Sealed-Box-/310295706757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f10bc85) would be the one then.

It's a Hasbro 1985 release and not the Chinese 1990's reissue so IMO it is worth close to the asking price. I wouldn't say that the box is C8 though considering the flap crease and edge wear.

Good luck with your offer.

FYI - To insert a link to a website just use the globe / paperclip icon.

EDIT: Just noticed you worked out the link thing :)

lol.... thanks 5fdp

we both must take lunch at the same time.

yeah.....i just looked a bit closer, not as mint as i thought, but i'm still gonna make an offer.

thanks again bud

5FDP
17th February 2011, 01:25 PM
lol.... thanks 5fdp

we both must take lunch at the same time.

yeah.....i just looked a bit closer, not as mint as i thought, but i'm still gonna make an offer.

thanks again bud

You're welcome :)

Vector Prime
22nd February 2011, 09:53 PM
Did I just pay too much?

$112.50 + postage (Oz seller) for a MISB Takara Re-issue TFC Hound? :confused:

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm craphouse at estimating aftermarket prices, but some things you may want to take into consideration:
1. This toy originally retailed for 3000JPY ($36) in 2004
2. Import stores in Australia, even at inflated import prices, would've sold it for about $65-75

There's currently a MISB reissue Hound on auction here (http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Transformer-14-Hound-Takara-/120686492551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c1979bb87) with 5 days to go, if you wanna see what the final bid ends up being. <shrug>

Vector Prime
22nd February 2011, 10:44 PM
I'm craphouse at estimating aftermarket prices, but some things you may want to take into consideration:
1. This toy originally retailed for 3000JPY ($36) in 2004
2. Import stores in Australia, even at inflated import prices, would've sold it for about $65-75

There's currently a MISB reissue Hound on auction here (http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Transformer-14-Hound-Takara-/120686492551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c1979bb87) with 5 days to go, if you wanna see what the final bid ends up being. <shrug>

Well back in 2004, you could have picked up quite a lot of TFs cheaper too Gok! :p

The auction that you have linked to specifies shipping in North America only, so even if the guy will post to Australia, it'll be in the realms of $30+ for postage.

There are a few MIB (used) ones (from sellers that will post to Oz) listed starting at about $100 and the cheapest MISB one from a completed listing was $90USD + $45 postage.

I've pretty much given up on finding a MISB C8.5+ original G1 Hound for a reasonable price (sub-$400), so I guess this guy will have to do (at least for now).

heroic_decepticon
23rd February 2011, 01:30 AM
Did I just pay too much?

$112.50 + postage (Oz seller) for a MISB Takara Re-issue TFC Hound? :confused:

That's an okay price for a TFC Hound. They were not expensive when they retailed (got mine for SGD$35), but that's a moot point because none of us have a time machine.

Back around '06, there was this Melbourne seller consistently over a year selling TFCs for an average of AU$60-75 each, plus postage would have been $85 thereabouts. It's now 5 years from that and you paid about $25+ more. Pretty reasonable to me. Also gotta factor in the point that the TFC, was the only reissue of Hound. Never been reissued again. As close to G1 as you can get.

BTW, G1 Hounds were never cheap. Before the reissue, one'd be lucky to get a complete Hound for under US$150 (this guy has so many parts; jerry can and spare wheels were usually lost; machine gun usually broken... amongst other common issues). Boxed Hounds are usually more than twice that amount.

All in all, good going and a worthwhile price to pay for a slice of childhood.

Vector Prime
23rd February 2011, 01:44 AM
All in all, good going and a worthwhile price to pay for a slice of childhood.

Yeah I think so too... thanks HD. Now to find a matching Blitzwing to go with it... :p

heroic_decepticon
23rd February 2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah I think so too... thanks HD. Now to find a matching Blitzwing to go with it... :p

I'm likely going hunting with Ultra Magnus tomorrow cos my usual shop is about to get new G1 stock in. I will look out for TFC Blitzwing for you.

Vector Prime
23rd February 2011, 02:01 AM
I'm likely going hunting with Ultra Magnus tomorrow cos my usual shop is about to get new G1 stock in. I will look out for TFC Blitzwing for you.

Yes please HD! :D

MISB is preferable (will cop MIB provided it has un-applied stickers, missiles on tree still, etc) and with the box up to your usual high standards.

Let me know if you have any joy.

5FDP
23rd February 2011, 10:56 PM
@ VP - Have you thought about getting an eHobby Overcharge instead (Blitzwing in Diaclone colours)? It'd be cheaper than getting the TFC one.

Vector Prime
23rd February 2011, 11:02 PM
@ VP - Have you thought about getting an eHobby Overcharge instead (Blitzwing in Diaclone colours)? It'd be cheaper than getting the TFC one.

Yeah I considered it and I also considered getting Detritus originally too (to take the place of Hound), but decided against them since it would only be a substitute and not the 'real deal'.

It'd kinda be like the equivalent of buying a Honda NSX instead of coughing up a bit more dough and getting what I really lust after, a Ferrari :p

5FDP
23rd February 2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah I considered it and I also considered getting Detritus originally too (to take the place of Hound), but decided against them since it would only be a substitute and not the 'real deal'.

It'd kinda be like the equivalent of buying a Honda NSX instead of coughing up a bit more dough and getting what I really lust after, a Ferrari :p

Gotcha ;) I bought Overcharge a few years ago as the price of a TFC Blitzwing was close to US $200. I couldn't afford that 'Ferrari' :(

Vector Prime
26th February 2011, 04:51 PM
Is $190 too much to pay for a MISB TFC Blitzwing? :confused:

valkyrie_76
26th February 2011, 05:50 PM

Very much and thats the reason why I dont have that one.

ITZTRU
26th February 2011, 06:11 PM
VP, i am so, so, SOOOOOO sure I found a Blitzwing for 110 BIN on ebay just the other day. Cant remember if it was MIB or MISB. I'll see if I can find it again

ITZTRU
26th February 2011, 06:15 PM
hmmm nevermind. stickers are applied, missiles detached from tree etc. not your thing...

oh well...

heroic_decepticon
27th February 2011, 03:25 PM

That sounds too expensive dude (but i don't know the market price nowadays). Personally, I'd expect to pay around the honud price for a TFC blitzwing. These are two of the less rare TFCs after all....

Vector Prime
27th February 2011, 04:03 PM
Very much and thats the reason why I dont have that one.

That sounds too expensive dude (but i don't know the market price nowadays). Personally, I'd expect to pay around the honud price for a TFC blitzwing. These are two of the less rare TFCs after all....

Hmm, so I should pass on it then? :confused:

They don't pop up for sale very often and most of the one's that I have seen seem to be around that price point. :(

Quite frankly though, I think $150 is the maximum that I would be willing to pay for one, but am still considering it though. :o

VP, i am so, so, SOOOOOO sure I found a Blitzwing for 110 BIN on ebay just the other day. Cant remember if it was MIB or MISB. I'll see if I can find it again

hmmm nevermind. stickers are applied, missiles detached from tree etc. not your thing...

oh well...

Thanks for looking out for me anyways :)

autobreadticon
28th February 2011, 03:23 PM
Device Label Ravage on ebay for $108 shipped, :eek: tempting since this is the first time i've seen one in 5-7 months on ebay from an Asian seller (Malaysia)

so whats how much was the original RRP?
Whats its current market price?
and what would someone who does not have USB Ravage pay for?

also what is a good price to pay for a complete Beastbox/Squaltalk set (not worried about stickers)???

thanks

heroic_decepticon
28th February 2011, 11:50 PM
Hmm, so I should pass on it then? :confused:

They don't pop up for sale very often and most of the one's that I have seen seem to be around that price point. :(

Quite frankly though, I think $150 is the maximum that I would be willing to pay for one, but am still considering it though. :o

Hmm... it's hard to say. For that price (ie: $190), you could actually get a vintage MIB Blitzwing. Unless prices have jumped drastically over the past years that is.

Device Label Ravage on ebay for $108 shipped, :eek: tempting since this is the first time i've seen one in 5-7 months on ebay from an Asian seller (Malaysia)

so whats how much was the original RRP?
Whats its current market price?
and what would someone who does not have USB Ravage pay for?

also what is a good price to pay for a complete Beastbox/Squaltalk set (not worried about stickers)???

thanks

Device Label Ravage is rare. TBH, I paid about AU$75 for it from Japan and that was about 2 months after its release. These things just evaporated to some heaven we can't access, I don't know. Like I said, I have never again saw DL Ravage at retail across the hundreds of shops I have been to in AU, SG, HK and Japan.

If you are at all a Ravage fan, this is the best version of Ravage to get, hands down. DL Ravage is part of my Classic-verse (I didn't even bother removing the Ravage that came with Hound from its package).

Don't just take it from me, this is what Botch said... (http://www.botchthecrab.com/replies.asp?index=580)

Vector Prime
1st March 2011, 12:02 AM
Hmm... it's hard to say. For that price (ie: $190), you could actually get a vintage MIB Blitzwing. Unless prices have jumped drastically over the past years that is.

I should also have clarified - $190 is inclusive of shipping from the US by the only (expensive) postal option ($42).

So the actual item itself is about $150 - still thinking it over.... decisions, decisions....

jaydisc
1st March 2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, Device Label Ravage rules. I got a couple at release for $38-40 each shipped.

heroic_decepticon
1st March 2011, 02:49 AM
I should also have clarified - $190 is inclusive of shipping from the US by the only (expensive) postal option ($42).

So the actual item itself is about $150 - still thinking it over.... decisions, decisions....

True the sale price is $150, but you'd still have to spend $190. You know what, if you really want it, maybe try bargaining. But if you really want it and can't be a$$-ed to wait for another one to turn up and it's affordable (which I think it is for you), just buy it.

If I were you, that's what I'd do. It may qualify as bad advice around here, but hey, that's what I'd do.

(eg: in 2004, I paid US$250 for a MIB US boxed Wreck Gar (unused) because I really really wanted him after watching the movie countless times that month; I know its probably worth half that amount, but hey, I really wanted it and it satisfied me).

Yeah, Device Label Ravage rules. I got a couple at release for $38-40 each shipped.

Irony for me was that I wasn't even going to get it in Japan because I thought it was overpriced, but my wife insisted (she knew I liked Ravage). So she just went ahead and bought it and said 'gift for you'.

PS: Jay, you're back!

Vector Prime
1st March 2011, 02:07 PM
True the sale price is $150, but you'd still have to spend $190. You know what, if you really want it, maybe try bargaining. But if you really want it and can't be a$$-ed to wait for another one to turn up and it's affordable (which I think it is for you), just buy it.

Yeah I have made him a couple of offers and we have settled at $130 + shipping, so I guess I've acquired him for $170.

Truth be told, I was willing to shell up to $350-$400 for an original G1 MISB, the reason why I asked about the pricing of the reissue is that I don't like getting ripped off (but I want this guy so badly, I would probably have paid the asking price anyways :))

Now I'm trying to see what else he has so I can combine shipping (another TFC Hound and possibly a TFC Hot Rod is on the list). :D

UltraMagnus
1st March 2011, 07:46 PM
What is it worth?

Classics Ratchet
Henkei Ratchet

In context this is the last Henkei I need for my collection.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, but Im more inclined for Henkei Ratchet than any other.

heroic_decepticon
1st March 2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah I have made him a couple of offers and we have settled at $130 + shipping, so I guess I've acquired him for $170.

Truth be told, I was willing to shell up to $350-$400 for an original G1 MISB, the reason why I asked about the pricing of the reissue is that I don't like getting ripped off (but I want this guy so badly, I would probably have paid the asking price anyways :))

Now I'm trying to see what else he has so I can combine shipping (another TFC Hound and possibly a TFC Hot Rod is on the list). :D

Great that you got it! It is a little steep, the price, but hey, you gotta do what a man's gotta do.

What is it worth?

Classics Ratchet
Henkei Ratchet

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but Im more inclined for Henkei Ratchet than any other.

Go for Henkei Ratchet! (If you know someone that lives in Tokyo, I can point him/her to the shop that has the Henkei Ratchet I saw, I think)

Vector Prime
2nd March 2011, 11:44 PM
What is it worth?

Classics Ratchet
Henkei Ratchet

Universe 2.0 (Classics) Ratchet (if you can find him) should be around $50, whereas Henkei version is about $70-$80 (also if you can find him).

I had a similar dilemma about 3 months ago after I traded away my Universe Ratchet (which I originally paid $30 for) and needed to replace him so I went searching.

To my shock, there were more Henkei versions for sale at the time than Universe ones, and not for a whole lot more money, so I went with the Henkei version as it's paint apps are superior and is more G1 cartoon accurate.

So IMO, pony up the dough and go for the Henkei version (especially with this figure where there's quite a marked difference between the two versions).

gdmetro
2nd March 2011, 11:52 PM
Go for Henkei Ratchet! (If you know someone that lives in Tokyo, I can point him/her to the shop that has the Henkei Ratchet I saw, I think)

Agreed. Don't settle for less- even though the universe version is pretty good.

Havok
9th March 2011, 04:58 PM
:)Hi everyone, I bought this recently from my local Big-W. I realy didn't like the series probably because I don't realy like star wars in any capacity. Sorry, no offence to those 'down with the force'.
This 'clone trooper > AT-AE' has been mislabeled at the factory as a 'magnagaurd > magnagaurd starfighter'. (see images)

I'm just curious & only bought it cause it was $15 on special & don't mind if thats all its worth....It's just I have seen some mislabeled TF's sell for alot.

Any input about this inparticular or some president about factory miss-labeled action figures would be cool.

Thanks All!

H

SkyWarp91
9th March 2011, 05:13 PM
:)Hi everyone, I bought this recently from my local Big-W. I realy didn't like the series probably because I don't realy like star wars in any capacity. Sorry, no offence to those 'down with the force'.
This 'clone trooper > AT-AE' has been mislabeled at the factory as a 'magnagaurd > magnagaurd starfighter'. (see images)

I'm just curious & only bought it cause it was $15 on special & don't mind if thats all its worth....It's just I have seen some mislabeled TF's sell for alot.

Any input about this inparticular or some president about factory miss-labeled action figures would be cool.

Thanks All!

H

Hi there, for $15 it is a bargain of a deal for toy - but it's nothing rare. If you did hold onto it and would sell it later in a few years I can't imagine the value for this toy going down as it is a Transformer. It probably won't go up, but will just stay at $30-$40ish.

By the way - usually you would ask the worthiness of a toy in the 'Price Check/Is this toy worth it' thread, not start a thread on its own.

Tober
9th March 2011, 09:22 PM

Thanks All!

H

There are a few vintage mis-labeled TF and SW toys that can fetch high prices, but there is no immediate value for current mis-labeled ones. I'm not aware of any precedents for mis-labeled figures, sorry.

Hi there, for $15 it is a bargain of a deal for toy - but it's nothing rare. If you did hold onto it and would sell it later in a few years I can't imagine the value for this toy going down as it is a Transformer. It probably won't go up, but will just stay at $30-$40ish.

By the way - usually you would ask the worthiness of a toy in the 'Price Check/Is this toy worth it' thread, not start a thread on its own.

Yep, and threads merged. :)

Havok
10th March 2011, 04:11 AM
Hi Skywarp91 & Tober, Nice to meet you and thank you for imparting your knowledge- Appreciated!

Sorry about starting a new thread ... believe it or not but i like must have searched for half an hour today b4 i 'found' the appropriate place to ask this....Maybe an hour next time.
I'm becoming more familiar with the boards so & thanks for moving it here so I don't look like a complete (add expletive here).

They were $33.95 reduced to $15 .... there were maybe 12 x magnagards only so i was fortunate to get a cool cheap toy based on the miss-label.I assume it was slightly more popular as clone trooper looks pretty cool in robot mode.

Oh and for anyone that has read my intro including my righteous rants regarding my MISB collecting.... I opened a MP-09 last week!
Man it was tough (Not the just under MP-05 level complex 'i'm going to snap this arm off soon' transformation - but having to cut the box tape! :) )

Thanks again!

Doubledealer
10th March 2011, 02:34 PM
What is it worth?

Classics Ratchet
Henkei Ratchet

It depends what you want, Classics Ratchet is more of a tribute to comic/IDW Ratchet whereas the Henkei is very faithful to the G1 cartoon.

I personally slightly prefer the Classics version as I find it a bit more interesting visually. Having said that, the Henkei does have the nicer shade of white and red...Settling for less with the Classics version though? I don't think so, they both have their pluses and minuses!

GoktimusPrime
10th March 2011, 03:11 PM
Havok: generally speaking accidental variants like a toy being mislabelled or put in an incorrect package or something aren't worth much mostly because while they're very rare, there also isn't much demand for them either.

For example, if I had a MOSC 1984 Bumblebee on Bumblebee card and a MOSC 1984 Bumblebee on Cliffjumper card -- there would be more people wanting to buy the MOSC 1984 Bumblebee on Bumblebee card as opposed to the freak variant on Cliffjumper card. If I auctioned both toys with the same min. reserve price, I'd probably get more people bidding on the one on Bumblebee card than the one on Cliffjumper card. There would only be a relatively few number of people interested in collecting factory errors and willing to pay high prices for them... but quite a few collectors would be very willing to pay for a proper Bumblebee on Bumblebee card.

Hope that made sense. :p ;)

Basically speaking, for something to be worth heaps it needs to be in short supply with high demand -- a factory error may be in short supply, but there isn't that much demand for them either. Such toys might be worth keeping just for the sheer novelty of it, but I wouldn't necessarily hang onto that toy if you're hoping for it to significantly appreciate in the future.

Universe 2.0 (Classics) Ratchet (if you can find him) should be around $50, whereas Henkei version is about $70-$80 (also if you can find him).
:eek: :eek: The full RRP for a Voyager or Ultra for a Deluxe?!? Phwoar! :o <faints>

janda the red
10th March 2011, 08:19 PM
hey all...

was hoping a more experienced set of eyes would glance over this for me?

it's an auction for a gen1 dirge misb i'm interested in. just hoping to make sure it's legit

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Original-Generation-1-G1-DIRGE-MISB-Sealed-/120659625761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17dfc721

thanks in advance

5FDP
11th March 2011, 11:19 AM
hey all...

was hoping a more experienced set of eyes would glance over this for me?

it's an auction for a gen1 dirge misb i'm interested in. just hoping to make sure it's legit

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Original-Generation-1-G1-DIRGE-MISB-Sealed-/120659625761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17dfc721

thanks in advance

It's legit. Dirge hasn't been KO'ed therefore there is only the original and the Chinese Hasbro reissue circulating on the second-hand markets. This one is the 80's version.

janda the red
11th March 2011, 12:42 PM
hey 5FDP..... thanks mate, really appreciate it! ( thats twice! your gonna have to start charging me soon....lol :p )

i sooooo owe you a cup of coffee and a man hug if we ever meet up :D

Havok
11th March 2011, 04:42 PM
Hi Goktimusprime, Man i am impressed. Can I just message you direct next time.lmao. Hope this dosn't translate as sarcasm but well written is an understatment.

You combined buyers psycology and generic collectors agenda with basic economics in such an easy to understand way , I feel mildly retarded for even asking in the first place. :)

5FDP
12th March 2011, 11:16 AM
You're very welcome janda :)

Havok
16th March 2011, 07:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have just received afew henkei thundercrackers & have read about the fakes out there. I'm just wondering if there is a definitive way to tell if these are fakes or not with them still MISB?

There was a binaltech comparison I remember reading a couple of years ago and was amazed (fake v the real thing) the differences were there but it was very small and subtle like a letter was the wrong thickness and stuff similar that i honestly wouldnt have known the difference.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Havok

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2011, 06:04 PM
There's a discussion thread about KO Gentei Thundercracker here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9286). Not sure about KO Binaltechs, but the TFwiki page on KOs (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Knockoff#External_links) has a bunch of external links that might help <shrug> Otherwise maybe start a thread on the KO ID section of the board (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=36) about it and see if anyone else can help

Fonecrusher
21st March 2011, 12:54 PM
Hey guys: Classics/Henkei Ramjet how much is this guy worth right now loose? There's a thread on this at TFW right now because MISB he's going for around $70-100 on ebay!

The reason I ask is because Henkei Ramjet is one of the first figures I bought when I officially got back into collecting about 18 months ago, and I only payed $25-30 all up MISB. And I even left him sealed for a couple of months before I finally caved in to temptation and put him up on display. And as you can guess right now I am thoroughly kicking myself for opening him up!!

Also I've seen even higher prices for the Ironhide/Ratchet mold up to $200 what is this madness?

Vector Prime
21st March 2011, 01:52 PM
I paid $50 for a MOSC Henkei Ramjet two months ago - which I thought was a bargain at the time since I was monitoring them for ages.

So IMHO:

Henkei = $70 for MOSC and $40 for loose
Classics = $50 for MOSC and $25 for loose

I also purchased a MOSC Ratchet a few months ago for about $80.

Henkei Ironhide & Ratchet have shot up in price - commanding about $100+ each for a MOSC one at the moment (if you can find one that is).

Doubledealer
21st March 2011, 01:58 PM
If recent ebay activity is anything to go by, you're looking at AU$60 for a MOSC Henkei Ramjet. Classics Ramjet is too hard to say, loose and boxed versions sell for anywhere between $35-80.

Fonecrusher
21st March 2011, 02:04 PM
I paid $50 for a MOSC Henkei Ramjet two months ago - which I thought was a bargain at the time since I was monitoring them for ages.

So IMHO:

Henkei = $70 for MOSC and $40 for loose
Classics = $50 for MOSC and $25 for loose

I also purchased a MOSC Ratchet a few months ago for about $80.

Henkei Ironhide & Ratchet have shot up in price - commanding about $100+ each for a MOSC one at the moment (if you can find one that is).
Ah I see, personally I just don't get it, I prefer the paint scheme on the newer Dirge or the modified mold on Thrust, to me Ramjet is the weakest of the 3 (though he's the oldest I guess).

But I was even more surprised about Classics Ratchet/Ironhide, since the mold itself seemed to receive a lot of negative feedback when it was released, and it wasn't all that long ago the Hasbro Toy Store still had them for $15.00 ea, I guess it's all the more reason to get guys like Wheeljack and Warpath now, to avoid a similar situation.

Vector Prime
21st March 2011, 02:12 PM
It's funny how Henkei Hound used to command sky high prices too, but then TakTomy decided to re-release him and he's pretty much a peg warmer overseas nowadays - so all hope is not lost yet.

Doubledealer
21st March 2011, 02:41 PM
It's funny how Henkei Hound used to command sky high prices too, but then TakTomy decided to re-release him and he's pretty much a peg warmer overseas nowadays - so all hope is not lost yet.

What's funnier still is that Universe Hound commands higher prices on ebay than the more cartoon accurate Henkei! Might finally pick one up once UN/Generations ends with Rumble & Frenzy...Is Ravage the same in both releases?

GoktimusPrime
21st March 2011, 02:43 PM
Fonecrusher: Ultimately I think if you collect toys because you want to enjoy them as opposed to trying to make a financial investment, then you can't lose as the aftermarket value of the toy would be irrelevant. For example I bought 2 Beast Wars X-9 Ravages for $22 each in 1999. Opened one, kept one sealed. About a year or so later I traded my sealed one for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 figures. The ludicrous prices that Ravage seems to go for these days amuses me, but I don't regret opening my first Ravage or trading off my 2nd one (I definitely got at least $22's worth of TFs in the deal, which is how much I paid for the toy - and I don't think Ravage had appreciated that much in 2000-01).

Vector Prime
21st March 2011, 02:49 PM
Is Ravage the same in both releases?

I honestly don't know since my Henkei one is MOSC and I've never examined Ravage that closely. :o

EDIT - "A redeco of Universe Ravage, Jaguar features the same plastic colors as his Universe counterpart, only his legs are a significantly darker metallic gray than the Hasbro version (so much so they almost look black in certain lights)" (from TFWiki)

Hope that helps DD.

For example I bought 2 Beast Wars X-9 Ravages for $22 each in 1999. Opened one, kept one sealed.

And this is what I intend on doing from here on in (only with relevant characters)... the second one will eventually cover the cost of the both of them :p

Buy three of them and I might even walk away with a profit at the end of it all. :p

Fonecrusher
21st March 2011, 03:10 PM
Fonecrusher: Ultimately I think if you collect toys because you want to enjoy them as opposed to trying to make a financial investment, then you can't lose as the aftermarket value of the toy would be irrelevant. For example I bought 2 Beast Wars X-9 Ravages for $22 each in 1999. Opened one, kept one sealed. About a year or so later I traded my sealed one for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 figures. The ludicrous prices that Ravage seems to go for these days amuses me, but I don't regret opening my first Ravage or trading off my 2nd one (I definitely got at least $22's worth of TFs in the deal, which is how much I paid for the toy - and I don't think Ravage had appreciated that much in 2000-01).

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm not a collector for the financial side of things, a $30-40 profit for a figure like this really means very little in the bigger picture. I'm more just shocked how some figures that aren't well received upon their initial release, can go from proverbial shelf warmers to collector's items in a relatively small amount of time based on availibility.

jazzcomp
27th March 2011, 09:25 PM
how much is G1 Jetfire MIB worth?
How about G1 superion MIB?

5FDP
28th March 2011, 09:57 AM
how much is G1 Jetfire MIB worth?
How about G1 superion MIB?

A MIB Jetfire should go for approx. $250 - $300 depending on the box condition. From memory, a seller at the Parra Fair had one for twice that price which is obviously far too pricey.

Prices for Superion have come down slightly since the KO (http://highendtfs.com/images/superionidguide.jpg) was released. It should be between $300 - $350. You might even be able to get all of the carded Classic releases for about the same price.

klystron
30th March 2011, 01:05 AM
Hey guys.
How much should I expect to pay for these Lugnutz?
a) loose show colours
b) MIB show colours
c) loose atomic
d) MIB atomic

Doubledealer
30th March 2011, 02:13 AM
Hey guys.
How much should I expect to pay for these Lugnutz?
a) loose show colours $10-20
b) MISB show colours US$13.90 from RK http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=COANIVOYWV3LUG&lang=us&CatID=
c) loose atomic $10-20
d) MISB atomic US$21.90 from RK http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFANIG6AL&lang=us&CatID=
e)MISB Takara show colours US$28 from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-ANIMATED-JAPAN-Ver-Lugnut-/320652356237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa85eaa8d#ht_1059wt_905

klystron
30th March 2011, 06:38 PM
:o
I really should've checked there first, but honestly didn't even think that he'd still be available brand new like that.
My bad.
Thanks for the links though.

prowlercon
1st April 2011, 07:27 PM
i recentlly found an original? megatron(good condition) complete with box( very worn), how much is to much and how do i tell if its legit???:confused: