Thread: MOTUC Review Extravaganza!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some interesting stuff here and it's great to see some 1sts; has there been any word from the now surely 30+ y/o bloke who won that competition, so long ago , with regards to his thoughts on his concept finally coming to fruition?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Some interesting stuff here and it's great to see some 1sts; has there been any word from the now surely 30+ y/o bloke who won that competition, so long ago , with regards to his thoughts on his concept finally coming to fruition?
    Here is the first part of an Interview:

http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=942

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Here is the first part of an Interview:

http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=942
    Cheers for the link Kup.

It certainly seems that he truly appreciated all that was awarded to him and now he's a serving member of the American Armed Forces... Apart from the, up until now, non-produced figure the whole story played out quite positively.
    It'll be interesting to read the follow-up piece that will surely show his reaction to seeing the figure for the 1st time, you'll have to keep us posted on that dude.

I really am quite shocked how Pixel Dan does his reviews at times, he rips heads off and moves the limbs like he doesnt care if he breaks the figure.... I guess coz he has lots of the same figure but still....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I really am quite shocked how Pixel Dan does his reviews at times, he rips heads off and moves the limbs like he doesnt care if he breaks the figure.... I guess coz he has lots of the same figure but still....
    That and I don't think he pays a cent for them does he?
    (The ones he uses in reviews at least )

The MOTUC Fan in me is so excited for February!
    These all look like amazing toys.
    And lucky i pre=ordered shadow weaver off BBTS.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    He does it to show off articulation/or features and he does get the review figures for free from Mattel.

I think that he actually has a sub in which his actual 'collection' figures arrive. I am not sure what he does with the Review figures though.

Finally got around to having a look at those vids.

Man, did they mess up the sorceress or what? I was really looking forward to that, but not with those wings. Shadow Weaver looks nice and I am very tempted for Photog. lol.

Too bad I am not keen on digital river though. Sorry Matty

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Finally got around to having a look at those vids.

Man, did they mess up the sorceress or what? I was really looking forward to that, but not with those wings. Shadow Weaver looks nice and I am very tempted for Photog. lol.

Too bad I am not keen on digital river though. Sorry Matty
    The He-Man.org boards is filled with diagrams and suggestions on 'how it should have been done'. A lot of it is actually simpler that what they went with.

It seems that Mattel just did a half a$$ed effort on it as it could have certainly been done better with the same silly 'open wings' effect.