Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: KOToys- FORT,BRAVE,GRAND Max KOS

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    this is why i bought my fort max months ago i dont care if prices on original stuff comes down because i know ive the real deal
    Amen to that loopy.

Whilst I can completely understand the reasoning for these KO's and why they're an incredibly tempting option, I myself wont be biting on this hook.
    I'm sure I would find vastly greater pleasure in acquiring an Original as opposed to settling with a KO but that is Purely My Opinion and I hold nothing against those who wish to pick 1, 2 or 3 of these KOs up.
    (On a purely financial argument, a KO would be a sound choice I guess)

Mixed news to everyone it seems.

I would really want to have a G1 Fort Max, although Im glad to have my own Brave Max.

With these KO's coming out, hopefully the genuine ones do come down in price, even if they are in 'pre-loved' condition - they will be 100% authentic

Well I have no interest in Fort Max, so I'm indifferent either way.

As for a KO being worth $300? Well, it all depends on how much you want a Fort Max I suppose.

On a side note, seeing as it's a KO and not an official reissue, does anyone else (besides me) think that this will drive the pricing of the genuine G1 article up even more (as opposed to bringing it down)?

I foresee this happening, at least for the short term as there may be a mad rush by collectors to grab a hold of a genuine item before the market gets proliferated with KO's.

I would rather an original. Despite some ko's being acurately advertised it will become a fact that if you have just started a obtaining G1 (no KO), despite great efforts to avoid them you will have ko parts in you collection and you would have been duped and paid big money for fake.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Just so people are aware, even though we now have confirmation of a KO Fort Max, KO parts for Fort Max have been in circulation on the secondhand market for quite some time now.

The reason why I am mentioning this is in case people rush out to complete their Fort Max with the parts they are missing in an attempt to have a genuine toy before the KO is released. Just be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    On a side note, seeing as it's a KO and not an official reissue, does anyone else (besides me) think that this will drive the pricing of the genuine G1 article up even more (as opposed to bringing it down)?
    KO's usually bring the price down for toys that have not been reissued e.g. Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Shockwave etc, as it seems that when a KO is announced a lot of fans are inclined to wait for something they consider to be a 'mint' version of the same toy.

In the case of Wheeljack, it wasn't unheard of about 5 years ago to be paying between US$180-$200 for a mint / complete toy. You should be able to pick one up now for approx. US$80.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    In the case of Wheeljack, it wasn't unheard of about 5 years ago to be paying between US$180-$200 for a mint / complete toy. You should be able to pick one up now for approx. US$80.
    I agree with your overall message that KO's can bring price of originals down in some cases, however, im quite surprised that wheeljack would be affected.

KO wheejack is a POS IMHO and easy to spot.
    it shouldnt have been any threat to the genuine wheeljack (i have both versions atm).

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    I agree with your overall message that KO's can bring price of originals down in some cases, however, im quite surprised that wheeljack would be affected.

KO wheejack is a POS IMHO and easy to spot.
    it shouldnt have been any threat to the genuine wheeljack (i have both versions atm).
    KO Wheeljack was garbage but there are fans that are satisfied using the KO as a substitute

Another factor that I forgot to mention is that prices usually go down due to fear of purchasing a KO unintentionally. This is more evident in the high-end and more expensive toys. This basically reduces the demand and in turn, the price.

Put another way, would you care if you bought a KO when the genuine toy was easily obtainable and cheap compared to a rare G1 item that was considered expensive due to its rarity?
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    $300 is actually quite reasonable for a toy of this size. If Hasbro was ever to reissue it (which they won't because it would fail drop-testing), you could expect the price to be a lot higher (which is another reason why they wouldn't).
    Brave Maximus retailed for about $300 (I paid $400 for mine cos I paid $100 for insured shipping). So considering that, I think $300 is outrageous for a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Brave Maximus retailed for about $300 (I paid $400 for mine cos I paid $100 for insured shipping). So considering that, I think $300 is outrageous for a fake.
    I know you like living in the past Goki, but you need to keep in mind that Brave Maximus was released over 10 years ago. You'd be hard-pressed to pick up one (MISB) for that price now.

How good would it have been to purchased all of the commemorative series at the original '84 - '85 prices instead of the $60 - $70 TRU forced us to pay
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks