Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: KOToys- FORT,BRAVE,GRAND Max KOS

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    When did those re-issues come out? Because the Transformers landscape as changed dramatically in the past 4 years.

Plus every man and his dog has got an Omega Supreme and Metroplex, so why would they buy a reissue on mass? Fort Max is a completely different kettle of fish and in a completely different time in Transformers history.
    I don't have Omega Supreme. And I didn't have Metroplex so I bought the reissue. I don't even have a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    I don't have Omega Supreme. And I didn't have Metroplex so I bought the reissue. I don't even have a dog.
    I don't have them either. I don't even have a dog :P

But thats why reissues are created, for fans like yourself to get the opportunity to get them.

It's no ones fault that Takara released too many figures in the runs of Metroplex and Omega Supreme. But they shouldn't use that as an excuse for their bad management or over estimation of a toys popularity. They should do their research and then release a Fort Max reissue in selected numbers.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

They should do their research and then release a Fort Max reissue in selected numbers.
    Or consider selling it through an Online Store like Hasbro US has, that might actually make the AU site somewhat useful.

It's no ones fault that Takara released too many figures in the runs of Metroplex and Omega Supreme. But they shouldn't use that as an excuse for their bad management or over estimation of a toys popularity. They should do their research and then release a Fort Max reissue in selected numbers.
    Unfortunately, their research was probably gauged by how many fans said they wanted one, but then most couldn't cough up the big bucks when the time came, which IMO, is exactly what will happen with Fort Max. Sure, everyone says they want it, but when it's money-time, many will run away.

As to KO Mfg's being deceptive, I've found that occurring less and less (CHMS anyone?), and the same goes for KO retailers (uh, kotoys.com). While KOs are undoubtedly on the rise, deception, at least in my peripheral vision, seems to be on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My memory may be fading with age, but I know 100% that a KO version of Ratbat was released before the encore set came out with him in it. That's why I stayed away from buying a loose Ratbat on eBay.

^ This is the real problem with KO's.
    I got hit and accidentally bought one of those ratbats some years ago. It's pretty accurate to the real thing, I didn't realize it until I did an comparison in person.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Yes but those, all of those, were KO -after- the Encore and TFC releases, and unlikely to affect sales.
    Reillyd - Metroplex, Frenzy, Rumble and Ratbat were all knocked off before they were rereleased by HasTakTom, plus Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel, Bumblebee and Optimus Prime have all been rereleased again after the knockoffs. Just as you say you wouldn't buy a real Transfomer after paying for a knockoff, neither would lots of other people. It is certain that the knockoffs of these toys have affected sales of actual reissues. Personally, I would have bought an Encore Metroplex, but never did, because the knockoff makers also - completely deceptively - released knockoffs of the Encore version and seeped them out to distributors like TFSource who sold them as genuine Encore Metroplexes. Releasing knockoff Fortress Maximi is completely wrong and may deter TakaraTomy from ever rereleasing them again.

http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php/topic,1646.0.html

Wow... turned out to be a false rumour. All this discussion wasted.

I personally think it is too difficult for them to do a KO of fort max..at this point in time... maybe not enough capital to risk it... the mould is too large and too expensive to manufacture.. also to control the quality on it with the massive weight and structural integrity to consider.

Hopefully Has/Tak notices the attention and interest it got to do an encore!!

Can a mod change the title?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Hopefully Has/Tak notices the attention and interest it got to do an encore!!
    Maybe it was Takara who released the rumour to guage interest! Nah, thats wishful thinking.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Victory?

Maybe it was Takara who released the rumour to guage interest! Nah, thats wishful thinking.
    We can hope and dream though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Victory?
    Against KOs? - Well, maybe this battle but the war continues unfortunately.