Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: KOToys- FORT,BRAVE,GRAND Max KOS

This one really has me conflicted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first G1 knockoff of a mold that TakaraTomy actually still HAS, and used recently for the Japanese RID Fortress Maximus, and is likely to use again?

Its one thing to buy a toy that is likely NEVER to be reissued, its another to buy one that might cost TT legitimate sales
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    This one really has me conflicted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first G1 knockoff of a mold that TakaraTomy actually still HAS, and used recently for the Japanese RID Fortress Maximus, and is likely to use again?

Its one thing to buy a toy that is likely NEVER to be reissued, its another to buy one that might cost TT legitimate sales
    A good and fair point Reillyd, hopefully it might give TakTom some incentive to dilute the KO Market with Genuine Reissues!
    (We can dream at least )

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Personally I don't think these KO Toys people should be encouraged.

If you want a G1 Fort Max, Grand Max or Brave Max, then save up and buy a real one. If you can't justify paying that much, then move on.
    +1000

"Rather fall with honour than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles.

It's highly unlikely that TT will ever re issue him, due to the fact that the larger transformers are shelf warmers, imagine a toy the size of Fort Max.

What I really love about this though, is the people who already have a Fort Max are vehemently against this K/O, where as the people who don't have it are welcoming of the news, elitism anyone?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

I'm all for elitism and I don't own one. I'd be the same if someone came out with a KO X-9 Ravage, I'd be against it.

And something tells me a TT Reissue of Fort, Brave or Grand would be far from shelfwarmers, you'd have a global market begging to get their hands on them, clearly shown by this discussion.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    It's highly unlikely that TT will ever re issue him, due to the fact that the larger transformers are shelf warmers, imagine a toy the size of Fort Max.

What I really love about this though, is the people who already have a Fort Max are vehemently against this K/O, where as the people who don't have it are welcoming of the news, elitism anyone?
    um didnt you see my post? so before you go spouting off check your facts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first G1 knockoff of a mold that TakaraTomy actually still HAS
    To name but a few, Metroplex, Prowl, Red Alert, Sideswipe, Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak, Ratbat, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel, Cosmos, Hubcap, Outback, Powerglide, Warpath, Brawn, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are all existing TakaraTomy G1 moulds that have been 'accurately' knocked off. (Not to mention Optimus Prime.) And we don't know how many more G1 toys would have been reissued if their respective knockoffs weren't saturating the market.

I think it's insane if people are willing to pay $300 plus postage for a knockoff. That's more money than 99% of fans have ever paid for a real Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    um didnt you see my post? so before you go spouting off check your facts
    calm down champ, I wasn't talking about you.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

all good buddy

At the end of the day, what these people are doing is stealing. They are taking the property of others, producing a poorer quality version and marketing it.

If you want a Fort Max, utilise the strong desire for one in getting a global petition going imploring Takara to release one. Do it smartly, show projected sales figures from gauging members not only on this board but ones overseas. Show that it is profitable for them to pursue this idea.

Thats what I think anyway.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...