Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Thumbs up DOTM Deluxe Starscream

I quite like the new deluxe mold of Starscream from the DOTM line (even with his honking big MechTech weapon and all) :

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    LOL, theres some good stuff here. Here are some shots of my new fave toy Scareglow which I think were the best.

*snip*

I have also discovered how tricky it can be getting the glow effect to look good in a photo. He has conquered Black Rock Shooter!

*snip*
    Those are some great shots man as that figure/character is really cool IMO and I reckon it would be a fun challenge getting him to show his awesome glow gimmick on camera - Well done dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I quite like the new deluxe mold of Starscream from the DOTM line (even with his honking big MechTech weapon and all) :

*snip*
    Ooh... Those are some nice shots man, Starscream really stands out against that wood panelling - Interesting that he's retained his Tats.
    (I'm really not liking those MechTech weapons, I dunno why but they just really irk me )

I really like that 2nd shot too, it's a great profile shot man - just the slightest bit of over-exposure causing the lit-up areas to 'flare' if you know what I mean, it's something I'm trying to work out of my own shots so if I can figure out how to avoid it I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post

my favourite:
    I likes these shots.
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Those are some great shots man as that figure/character is really cool IMO and I reckon it would be a fun challenge getting him to show his awesome glow gimmick on camera - Well done dude.

really like that 2nd shot too, it's a great profile shot man - just the slightest bit of over-exposure causing the lit-up areas to 'flare' if you know what I mean, it's something I'm trying to work out of my own shots so if I can figure out how to avoid it I'll let you know.
    Cheers man. Scareglow is a challenge. I can do a good shot of just him glowing, but if (like in the second photo) you want someone else in there it's hard to have lots of glow and still be able to see the other character. Even went to the effort of 'light painting' BRS, but the light was too strong, no matter what I tried. I just had an idea now actually... Hmmmmmm.

The flare is an age old issue. Maybe a diffuser of some sort over the harsher light source. I have found putting just a piece of blank paper over a light source (such as a torch) manages to provide enough light without the intensity ruining the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Cheers man. Scareglow is a challenge. I can do a good shot of just him glowing, but if (like in the second photo) you want someone else in there it's hard to have lots of glow and still be able to see the other character. Even went to the effort of 'light painting' BRS, but the light was too strong, no matter what I tried. I just had an idea now actually... Hmmmmmm.

The flare is an age old issue. Maybe a diffuser of some sort over the harsher light source. I have found putting just a piece of blank paper over a light source (such as a torch) manages to provide enough light without the intensity ruining the shot.
    Hmm Id like to try that glow thingie since Ive got the glow in the dark variant Specter figure, but freakin cant figure out my camera it keeps giving me bright everything , or just a dull glowing thing, aaargh, well done Tets!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thumbs up Pure awesome!

What type of cameras/lenses are you guys using? I'm finding that my cheap ass camera is crap and no matter what I do... i need a better one

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    What type of cameras/lenses are you guys using? I'm finding that my cheap ass camera is crap and no matter what I do... i need a better one
    I'm using a cheapie Olympus FE-20 I had lying around the house so it's far from being an expensive SLR camera.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I'm using a cheapie Olympus FE-20 I had lying around the house so it's far from being an expensive SLR camera.
    Yep, the right lighting, proper focus and minimal handling of the camera is all one really needs.

Great shot VP, it took me about 20secs to realise that the giant grey bit in the top right hand corner of the photo was his bloody MechTech weapon and not his fist , it's an excellent shot as he is an interesting figure - Especially with how his rotor blades fold around him to make a 4-point harness/bandolier.