Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Some nice photos there dude, looks like the new Camera has quite a bit of potential in your hands too - More I say, More!
    Cheers Hursty!

Being a DSLR, it's got quite a lot of manual adjustments, so it'll take me awhile to figure out the best settings.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    What camera did you use VP? is it an DSLR one?
    Yeah, I caved in and bought a DSLR - Canon EOS 550D - best bang for your bucks 'entry level' DSLR on the market at the moment (according to people in the know).

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Cheers Hursty!

Being a DSLR, it's got quite a lot of manual adjustments, so it'll take me awhile to figure out the best settings.

Yeah, I caved in and bought a DSLR - Canon EOS 550D - best bang for your bucks 'entry level' DSLR on the market at the moment (according to people in the know).
    good choice bro now will see vector primes at his best shots...love the shots dude, cant wait to see more.

Nice shots VP!
    Which kit did you get for the 550D? Single or twin lens? I'm thinking about getting a DSLR later after I see the outcome of my tax return.

My wife got one of those recently. It is a very good camera although we're still trying to work out most of the features and which lens is best for outdoor / indoor shots
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My wife got one of those recently. It is a very good camera although we're still trying to work out most of the features and which lens is best for outdoor / indoor shots
    im willing to help, if you need tips just post it on this thread. il try to answer as much as i can as for anyone else feel free to ask about cameras and setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    im willing to help, if you need tips just post it on this thread. il try to answer as much as i can as for anyone else feel free to ask about cameras and setting.
    Thanks for the offer
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    good choice bro now will see vector primes at his best shots...love the shots dude, cant wait to see more.
    Lol - thanks mate. I still have a long way to go before I'm at your level.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice shots VP!
    Which kit did you get for the 550D? Single or twin lens? I'm thinking about getting a DSLR later after I see the outcome of my tax return.
    I went the single lens kit since the included lenses they give you are pretty ordinary anyway (according to a couple of friends in the know), so what you save you can invest in better lenses down the track (if you so choose to).

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have the single lens kit, so I don't have a choice (in terms of lens selection), but it's more the different settings and adjustments that are baffling me at the moment.

I'm a newbie to the world of photography and this is my first SLR, so it's trial and error as I go along.

Some more random pics:

Some more great shots dude, but the Jetfire and Nemesis Prime shots are friggin' fantastic man! - You've managed to capture quite a bit of motion and emotion in that pair mate.

just a tip, when you play with shallow DOF, try to focus on the part you want to show... in this case I think should be the head instead of the chest.

In the other pics you posted, some of them turn out very nice, like Starscream's head. Galvy head is off focus while the focus point is at his gun. To make the whole galvy in focus, you probably need to close the appature or select a bigger F number.