Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    Made Gills look damn scary dude then again the tentacles help XD

This is probably the best thread to ask this in but has anyone made their own lightbox? I keep looking at different guides and some say use tissue paper for the sides while others say T-shirts @_@ anyone know whats best
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    not really sure but i saw a box with white cloths on each side as long as it elimates glare as far as i know should be ok. i was going to try it before but didnt really have the patience so just bought myself one instead
    I made a lightbox awhile ago using a cardboard box and thin cotton material my wife had lying around . Like D_O said, as long as it softens the light it should be OK.
    The images in the post here were taken using that lightbox.

If you have a couple of spare dollars you can pick one up on ebay rather cheaply and you will end up with a better result in the end.

Instead of light box, I use a lamp and angle it towards a piece of cardboard (white/yellow/blue/etc)to reflect back the light. Another thing I always use is those car window shade, those you can fold and easy to keep. Also use bounce flash instead of direct, bounce towards the celling, the wall behind the camera, the side, etc (better still if you can remote trigger the flash)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Where have you been Tron07? , it sounds like you've got a bit of knowledge on the subject and we love any input we can get that'll point us in the right direction so feel free to post some more suggestions dude and that goes for anyone viewing this thread.
    Been playing with SLRs like 20 years ago, stop and sold everything when digital photography starts picking up pace and go myself a cheap Canon S1 IS. It broke and got a S3 as a replacement from Canon. Getting a 60D soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adds View Post
    The images in the post here were taken using that lightbox.
    nice photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    This is probably the best thread to ask this in but has anyone made their own lightbox? I keep looking at different guides and some say use tissue paper for the sides while others say T-shirts @_@ anyone know whats best
    I've spent months looking for a light box but I haven't found anything suitable.
    So instead I have a plan...

Perspex? maybe I should buy a sheet of it get the design and take it to my cabinet maker for them to cut with their machine XD

I'm going to get it laser cut in frosted acrylic. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

On the subject of light boxes, I improvise and use a plastic storage tub - it allows soft light in since it's semi-frosted and I think it does the job (at least for me).

Anyways, some more pics taken with my DSLR and my patented 'light box':

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    On the subject of light boxes, I improvise and use a plastic storage tub - it allows soft light in since it's semi-frosted and I think it does the job (at least for me).

Anyways, some more pics taken with my DSLR and my patented 'light box':
    Nice work VP, good focus, I particularly like Sentinel Prime.

Agreed, good to see you back VP and I must say those shots are great - My own fave is Thunderwing and Galvatron, closely followed by Shockwave and Mindwipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Agreed, good to see you back VP and I must say those shots are great - My own fave is Thunderwing and Galvatron, closely followed by Shockwave and Mindwipe.
    Ah cheers guys... Hursty, I've never been gone - just lurking in the shadows mate.