Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    Nice pics VP im lovin the shots, straight away i know its a hasbro jazz cos of its white yellowish colour hehehe which mean you are using either white light or the sunlight, keep the photos coming practice makes it perfect.
    Thanks mate, but I just saw your pics of RTS Jazz in the review thread.... puts mine to shame

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Thanks mate, but I just saw your pics of RTS Jazz in the review thread.... puts mine to shame
    now now dont get discourage, as long you have the passion let it drive you to take better shots i still believe ive got lot to learn.

Whilst I still have a long way to go before I catch up with Deceptic_Optic, my partner in crime, Agent Meister and I have been experimenting with different lighting and background.

And here are the results:

*snip*
    Man, VP you are making Awesome progress dude and I knew that post in the other thread was but a taste! - Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    A different approach now using white background not really sure if im happy with this shots, maybe content is a better word for it. maybe i should stay with black background?

*snip*

TMNT
    IMO, purely based on where their Mold design stems from, I reckon these particular Turtles would look far better suited to a Black Background with possibly the use of a faded colour filter or technique of some kind.
    I reckon if you can achieve that somehow, I reckon you'd easily capture the mood that these guys exude.

*snip*

SCORPION AND SUBZERO
    These Guys more or less Have to be on a Black Background, that is all that they need IMO.

*snip*

MIGHTY MUGGZ DECEPTICONS

*snip*

MIGHTY MUGGZ AUTOBOTS
    The white background suits these guys perfectly dude and I love the positioning you've given each member of each group with the scale of Power and Importance extremely clear and evident - That is an excellent and very noteworthy detail dude.

*snip*

SHAIDER
    I saw this figure at your place dude and I've always felt that it reminds me of Alpha-5 from MM Power Rangers.
    With the high use of Reflective, Metallic and Chrome paint apps on this guy Deceptic, I reckon a Black Background would be better suited but with the use of well positioned lights to get some nice reflections going off of him.

*snip*

MASK RIDER BLACK
    These guys just look incredible in both Stills and Motion photography!
    I feel that with his Matte Black finish, he works rather well on a White Background but I also think he'd work just as well on a Black Background which speaks volumes of these Kamen Rider figure's versatility.

*snip*

TF ANIMATED AUTOBOTS
    Ah, see where this shot bucks the method of the Mighty Muggs, this shot is great too but my only critique would be Arcee's position as her Back Pack Wings are doing exactly what Scourge did in my photo in that the White is coming across as washed out against the background.
    I reckon if you can switch her place with Bumblebee maybe, it might help to alleviate that issue - Interestingly though, Ratchet doesn't suffer the same problem due to the shadows he's casting upon himself.

*snip*

DECEPTICVERSE'S CURRENT WRECKERS CREW
    This shot is just great, purely great - The only thing it could benefit from is a Background scene of Scrap Metal.

*snip*
    19"inches GALACTUS - it was so hard to take a photo of this mammoth size figure but manage to take a picture in whole
    I know what you mean by this figure's Epic Size and because of that, it would be an absolute effort to get a proper shot of him, of which you have absolutely accomplished dude!
    I think this guy could also benefit from a Black but Star-y Background (Something akin to a Hubble Telescope Photograph ) with well positioned lights to show off his stunning Metallic paint apps.

*snip*

UNITED/GENERATIONS PERCEPTOR modified right optics similar to LSOW

*snip*

same shots but with different lighting positions and angle
    These shots are just awesome man, Black or White - It doesn't matter as the Angles and Lighting are perfect on each, though I must say I favour the second shot of Kup IMO.

All in all dude, you continue to prove in my mind that you're an excellent photographer and these shots, like all of yours, prove that you've a keen eye for detail.

Dude, as Deceptic says - Don't be discouraged dude as whilst I consider Deceptic to be one of the best photographers that I've seen here on the boards, closely followed by Heroic, You are easily screaming towards them man (Probably something to do with that sexy-ass car of yours ).

I don't get put off by you guys, I use you all as inspiration to try and better my own shots because whilst I know I'll never be a World Class photographer, nor do I intend to be, I'd like to try and convey certain things in my shots that I see in my Mind's Eye and every little piece of advice helps.

Keep up your efforts VP, those shots of 'Meister' and DOTM Shockwave are friggin' awesome man and are highly indicative of your efforts and progressing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    IMO, purely based on where their Mold design stems from, I reckon these particular Turtles would look far better suited to a Black Background with possibly the use of a faded colour filter or technique of some kind.
    I reckon if you can achieve that somehow, I reckon you'd easily capture the mood that these guys exude.
    point taken, thanks man. yeah i know but this shots where just test i guess i wasn't really happy with most of them and they're a bit rushed i really like the black bacground with my shots

These Guys more or less Have to be on a Black Background, that is all that they need IMO.
    same thoughts

The white background suits these guys perfectly dude and I love the positioning you've given each member of each group with the scale of Power and Importance extremely clear and evident - That is an excellent and very noteworthy detail dude.
    now i really like this shots might try taking photos outdoors next time, for different effects.

I saw this figure at your place dude and I've always felt that it reminds me of Alpha-5 from MM Power Rangers.
    With the high use of Reflective, Metallic and Chrome paint apps on this guy Deceptic, I reckon a Black Background would be better suited but with the use of well positioned lights to get some nice reflections going off of him.
    Hahaha funny you said that this was actually from a 90's japanese series similar to mask rider black back in the 90's, aw man love this pick as it gives back memories of my childhood. I think i have done one of this in black background not sure if i posted it here though

These guys just look incredible in both Stills and Motion photography!
    I feel that with his Matte Black finish, he works rather well on a White Background but I also think he'd work just as well on a Black Background which speaks volumes of these Kamen Rider figure's versatility.
    love this one too

Ah, see where this shot bucks the method of the Mighty Muggs, this shot is great too but my only critique would be Arcee's position as her Back Pack Wings are doing exactly what Scourge did in my photo in that the White is coming across as washed out against the background.
    I reckon if you can switch her place with Bumblebee maybe, it might help to alleviate that issue - Interestingly though, Ratchet doesn't suffer the same problem due to the shadows he's casting upon himself.
    i rushed this one...heheh isnt it obvious

This shot is just great, purely great - The only thing it could benefit from is a Background scene of Scrap Metal.
    or pile of a scrapped Decepticon army

I know what you mean by this figure's Epic Size and because of that, it would be an absolute effort to get a proper shot of him, of which you have absolutely accomplished dude!
    I think this guy could also benefit from a Black but Star-y Background (Something akin to a Hubble Telescope Photograph ) with well positioned lights to show off his stunning Metallic paint apps.
    i definitely want to try new backgrounds, its just so hard to create em nowdays since i dont print stuff anymore.

These shots are just awesome man, Black or White - It doesn't matter as the Angles and Lighting are perfect on each, though I must say I favour the second shot of Kup IMO.
    likewise second shot of kup but a it more faded background

All in all dude, you continue to prove in my mind that you're an excellent photographer and these shots, like all of yours, prove that you've a keen eye for detail.
    thanks for the kind words hope to see more photos from you and Vector Prime and the rest of the members. keep the photos coming! I love different way speople take their photos

decided to stick with black background, played with light angles and camera positioning

....and some old once that i thought should be on this thread

Dude, with that new Turtles shot a certain song came to my head that is performed by the group: Lonely Island and references, amongst many things, going to the movies alone.
    Seriously man, that shot is awesome, great angle, great lighting, great contrasting background and great subject matter!

The same goes for Deadpool and Spidey, but are the 2 Hulk pics old? - I ask because they seem slightly out of focus in certain areas where I think you might of been trying to highlight other areas? - Not a critique or judgement, just curiosity.

I remember the last 2 shots and honestly, I absolutely love that shot of Blastoff/Explorer approaching BB from behind whilst he deals with Bruticus/Colossos!

Also, please don't think I was judging or critiquing your previous shots dude, I only intended to give my opinion and suggestions.
    I'd like to see you continue to experiment with more backgrounds dude as I think it'll only be of benefit and honestly, I would never of picked any of those shots to be rushed man - If you did?, you fooled me well.
    I guess that's why they call you Deceptic Optic.

Dude, with that new Turtles shot a certain song came to my head that is performed by the group: Lonely Island and references, amongst many things, going to the movies alone.
    Seriously man, that shot is awesome, great angle, great lighting, great contrasting background and great subject matter!

The same goes for Deadpool and Spidey, but are the 2 Hulk pics old? - I ask because they seem slightly out of focus in certain areas where I think you might of been trying to highlight other areas? - Not a critique or judgement, just curiosity.

I remember the last 2 shots and honestly, I absolutely love that shot of Blastoff/Explorer approaching BB from behind whilst he deals with Bruticus/Colossos!

Also, please don't think I was judging or critiquing your previous shots dude, I only intended to give my opinion and suggestions.
    I'd like to see you continue to experiment with more backgrounds dude as I think it'll only be of benefit and honestly, I would never of picked any of those shots to be rushed man - If you did?, you fooled me well.
    I guess that's why they call you Deceptic Optic.
    hahaha nah man your all good its good feedback actually, and i did say in the beginning of my post that i wasnt really happy with some of the shots but content and some i did rush, *got over excited cos its actually my first time taking new pics and not entirely using transformers as my subjects*. I always try to strive for perfection its kidna bad habit but hey always love the result. As for the hulks i intended to "blurr" out some area and highlight the rest which again your correct, im amaze for your eye on detail my friend. really apprciate the comments

Great pics, Optics! Just whoa, on the BB one.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Great pics, Optics! Just whoa, on the BB one.
    thanks STL

Took these whilst taking the other shots of my acquisitions today, so figured I might post them here:

Tidalwave:

Primus:

Omega Supreme: