Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why do you interact here?

i've only been coming here for a couple of months.

in this time i've been made to feel really welcome by a community that doesn't seem to suffer the "ego's" that other forums i've visited do. ( must be a laid back aussie thing )

i've recieved help identifying if g1 tf's i've wanted to buy are ko's or not.

i've learnt alot.....and realised there's alot to learn! lol

basically i come here because i feel welcome, learn alot and have alot of fun interacting with people who have similar interests to myself.

i hope this place doesn't change....its great how it is!

janda

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    3274 and rising
    It's a bit ridiculous huh? - Considering there have been people here who've been members way longer than what I have and they don't have a tally anywhere near that but I still believe that a number of those have contributed far more here than I.

Either I spend way to much time here or I'm compelled to reply to anything that sparks my interest.
    I just hope I've contributed more quality than quantity and that others aren't annoyed by my constant replies and walls-of-text.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Either I spend way to much time here or I'm compelled to reply to anything that sparks my interest.
    I think it's the latter...

I just hope I've contributed more quality than quantity and that others aren't annoyed by my constant replies and walls-of-text.
    Also the latter...

Lol Just kidding mate, everybody interacts here in their own way, that's what makes this place so gloriously awesome.

I came across OF by accident in the very late 90's I believe but didn't become active until a little later in the early 2000's. Alt toys was the first place I discovered to try and complete my collection and interact with people but it was a little cold, I did end up with 1 long term friend from the U.S who I first interacted with in 97 by doing my first internet trade. We both posted our things off in complete trust having no idea about people scamming (well I didn't) and since then we have been regular internet Pals. It was a long and painful process interacting with overseas people and having to trust them with an international MO, then and only then after they received your money 7-14 days after you sent it would they send your item which depending how much you paid for postage would normally take anywhere between 14-28 days. When I first started interacting on OF I would run around to all the stores within a certain area then post sightings with pricing but we seem to have that many people this day and age that I no longer do it. I only remember a couple of people from our initial W.A meet 1 of them being Ark Ivor and maybe Tets I think. What a motley crew we were but a social one which I enjoyed being with and still do. For me it's more about the interaction with people of the same like meeting them in person and actually being able to talk about my hobby which this board has enabled me to do.

I think the latter

Nah you have contributed quite a fair bit, so all good.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    It was a long and painful process interacting with overseas people and having to trust them with an international MO,
    I leant that the hard way, most you can trust, but just one will put a sour taste in your mouth. I lost out on probably somewhere over $500 using a MO with a fella on Allspark/TFW. That basically stopped me from buying stuff overseas for quite some time, until I started using Paypal within the last year, and even then I only use ebay.

I'm also one of those who found the Ozformers site by accident. I was lurking earlier on and decided to interact a bit more. I met fellow members at a couple of meets and found out there were others out there who REALLY knew their stuff! There were fans who knew a lot more than I did (and still do ).

I also had no real idea in regards to KOs, price guides, online orders, eBay, etc. Only through interaction with other OTCAers did I gain my current know-how.

I was always a TF fan since I was a kid (even during my 'I'm too old for this' phase) and will continue to interact here with other fans as much as I can.
    Fellow Ozformer members here are genuine and trustworthy, good to have a chat and catch up on about pretty much anything!

I joined OTCA after I attended the toycon in 2006 which happened to be posted on an Australian PC related news board.

From then on, it was my constant fuel for TF news, upcoming toys and buying addiction

In terms of online interaction, I do so where time allows me... sometimes at odd hours in the morning, a few times 9 hrs a day, sometimes not all... and physical appearances, I do it when I don't have to take my kids to places.

That, itself speaks about the flexibility of the ozformer members here... they sometimes miss you but generally loves to support each other particularly when discussing the common denominator, TFs

anyway, getting soapy now and hope you get the gist

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I only remember a couple of people from our initial W.A meet 1 of them being Ark Ivor and maybe Tets I think.
    I remember that day, was that the first personal meet? About 5 people (Mangis, me, 1orion, Ark-Ivor... eer...)showed up and we went back to Ark Ivor's place and ended up watching Beast Machines. I kind of faded off on the BW side of things and so I was all 'WTH is THIS?!?' I did think that BW Primal and Megatron were rip-off characters of Transformers at the time of BW

I got back into TFS about the time of RID after a friend at work mentioned that Magnus and Prime combined. Then the collection started again. I had reasonable access to the net by then and found here and TAAU. I chose here, as TAAU was too active for my liking. Here I could actually know what I had read without losing links. Hasn't that changed now.

I stay because my main body of friends that I catch up with have come from the interactions here. Plus most of the international news makes its way here due to the dedicated fans, so I dont worry about frequenting other sites.

I have always liked the emphasis this board has had on face to face meetings.

My wallet has hated me since though...

There was a Perth Nexus Fair meet which I attended in 2003 - met 1orion2many, Kyle and Ark-Ivor, then I went and chilled out at Ark-Ivor's place for a while after the Fair. Fun times.