Thread: 50 years into the future with no oil

Default 50 years into the future with no oil

What do u think the landscape will be in 50 years time? I heard oil will run out in 30 years what are we doing to prepare ourselves???

discuss

Nothing much......world will still spin, moon will rise at night and the star will shine at night and the sun shall brighten the day ahead

Am I positive or what

I like your thinking dude.

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered by having to revert to a somewhat Later Middle Ages type scenario - We understand things quite a bit better than those of that period so whilst it would be back to Back Breaking work for everyone, we wouldn't have to worry about Witches or Dragons or Submitting ourselves to the slavery of any particular religion.

The only problem though is that I think the world would very likely descend into a cesspit of war.

My plan (for making new TFs of course) is to make TF workers go swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, then wring them out into molds. Glow-in-the-dark plastics can be made by shipping the products to 3 Mile Island or Chernobyl (was gonna include Fukushima but it's a bit too soon).
    All Beachcombers should be made out of hemp plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    was gonna include Fukushima but it's a bit too soon).
    YOU JUST SAID IT

I'd like to go on record as being against back breaking labour.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Thanks goodness Ill be retired by then, no need for me to worry about transpo, since I dont drive. As per toys, well think about it, our Tf collections will be worth in black gold heheheh. They could always find ways to recycle plastic and use those for TF making, but Id imagine these would be very pricy toys. Oh and Hasbro will be out of business by then....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

After reading more on this issue it looks like oil will run out in 2125 (cant remmeber that exact date). Well that is too far for me to consider so shall pass the problem on to the younger generations that come through

I'm not concerned about it. I'm sure there will be some new technology to offset any supply shortage. The one thing for sure is cars today will be a luxury for people in the future because petrol prices won't be affordable to the average person.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]