Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: April Acquisitions

I got a free McDonalds Transformer (these toys were marketed as Transformers in this region) from a friend here. I got excited as it's my first Transformer toy acquisition not just for this month, but also during my current China trip!

Since I'm overseas without my regular acquisition mascot (The Collector), I'm using Beachcomber instead

And just when I'd nearly given up hope of finding any more legit TFs here, I finally found legit Transformers (that I don't have)! It was in this little collectable toy store... I was directed to this main shopping mall, which had nothing but KOs... then I just wandered around until my "toy store homing sense" led me to this place! And guess what? They have Solar Storm Grappel!! I could never find this toy in Sydney -- had to purchase United Grapple, then I finally find Grappel on the other side of the freakin' planet!! (typical)

But anyway, I picked up from this place:

+ Universe Overcharge, 20RMB (2.94AUD)
    + Timelines Flareup, 45RMB (6.62AUD)
    + DOTM Deluxe Skids, 120 RMB (17.65AUD)

Not bad for 180RMB (AU$26) IMO... though I've been told that I paid too much and that I could've gotten a better deal if I'd haggled better. I did haggle for Flareup and Skids though cos both are loose w/ no backing card and no instructions and Flareup has no weapons. Evidently my haggling needs more practice.

They had other DOTM Deluxes there too - Starscream, Sideswipe, Ironhide... and some car I didn't recognise (Jolt???). But the guy was asking for AU$30 for it (and I was unsuccessful in haggling him down) -- so that was an instant pass. I might as well wait for the toy to come out in Australia and if I still want him - even if I still pay thirty bucks, at least it'll be MOSC w/ paperwork.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 4th April 2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: currency conversions to AUD corrected

Dispite having a horrible weekend, I finally got roung to picking up a (Classics) Dirge.

Classic Transformers vol 3 from eBay at a horrible price.
    BW Specs & some free goodies from the irrepressible Goktimus

some b'day pressies from last week
    still waiting on the big one from my wife..... (oh for the love of god...hurry up usps!!!)

janda

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

My first acquisitions of the month ... three Beast Wars Neo animation cels.

Is it a bird? Is it a bee? No! It's disco lazer light-show Western Exclusive Recoil baby!

Received (or picked up I should say...) the following classics;
    Mirage
    Bumblebee
    Voyager Megs
    Voyager Optimus

Glad to hear they arrived GH.

SGB: Didn't know you were a fan of Beast Wars Neo. I found that show to be mostly particularly dull until the Unicron story arc at the end. MATRIX BUSTAAAAAAAAH!!

Anyway, I went back to that collectable toy store and got a refund for DOTM Skids cos one of the panels wouldn't transform properly. I then purchased DOTM Sideswipe for 130RMB (AU$19.20) and a MISB RtS Lugnut for 150RMB (AU$22.15)!

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    SGB: Didn't know you were a fan of Beast Wars Neo.
    Actually, I've never seen the show. I purchased the BW Neo cels because I liked the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I..I uh, I purchased ummmm.....waves 1 and 2 of Powercore combiners Commander figures. (Scout &Minicon.)They were 11.99 each at Toyland in the Robina Town Centre.

I feel...dirty.
    Nah, don't feel dirty dude - If you like them man then enjoy them!
    Don't let us PCC critics stifle your fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    The rest of all the stuff I purchased in Australia arrived.

*snip*

Another view

Now to sort this out and show how many of these items actually ended up in my hands.
    Holy Crap Dude!
    Man Zippo, you've done a great thing for those in NZ that are looking for all those figures not being released across the creek - That would've been an interesting Post Office trip though!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    haha no not these guys.. they hardley seem worthy to keep MOSC/MISB he got opened up and transformed and then stuck in a box with the rest.. when the time comes they will have their own little corner on the shelf
    Ah I see, I look forward to the photos of that shelf dude because I think: Individually PCCs suck but I'm curious to see what a Battalion of them would like like together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I think you may have to have an understanding of how the case assortments work in order to figure out why the more popular guys in the RtS range are so scarce.
    Oh yeah dude, I figured that would be the case with these later wave Generations and Reveal The Shield case assortments, It just sucks though that only certain stores are even bothered to order them and the Hasbro Marketer who put together these case assortments needs a "Bloody Good Kicking!".

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Sorted out my Australia trip haul, and this is what I brought back for myself

*snip*

Buster Prime/Jetfire 2 Pack (Loose Complete as the box was too large to bring back)
    Battle in Space 2 Pack (Loose Complete)
    RtS Perceptor
    RtS Grappel
    RtS Lugnut
    Last of the Wreckers TPB (Australian version)
    Still a sweet haul for yourself Zippo.
    What are the differences between the AU and NZ versions of the LSOTR TPBs dude?

I got a free McDonalds Transformer (these toys were marketed as Transformers in this region) from a friend here. I got excited as it's my first Transformer toy acquisition not just for this month, but also during my current China trip!

Since I'm overseas without my regular acquisition mascot (The Collector), I'm using Beachcomber instead

*snip*
    Haha! Sweet!
    Man, those little guys bring back some memories, I used to see them in plague proportions at the old local flee markets though I can't say that's the case anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    *snip*

Classic Transformers vol 3 from eBay at a horrible price.
    BW Specs & some free goodies from the irrepressible Goktimus
    Ooh...
    I wouldn't mind getting my hands on copies of those BW Techspecs myself Gutsman, nice acquisitions dude.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    some b'day pressies from last week
    still waiting on the big one from my wife..... (oh for the love of god...hurry up usps!!!)

*snip*

janda
    The only one out of those that I've got is Bludgeon and I can tell you for sure dude that he would make one wicked B'day Present! - Congrats!
    (And Happy Birthday dude )

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    My first acquisitions of the month ... three Beast Wars Neo animation cels.

*snip*
    Oh nice SGB!
    That is a very enigmatic, bust shot of Longrack there dude - Really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Is it a bird? Is it a bee? No! It's disco lazer light-show Western Exclusive Recoil baby!

*snip*
    LOL
    I like that name DD, looks like he, Jazz and Blaster are going to get along quite well!

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Received (or picked up I should say...) the following classics;
    Mirage
    Bumblebee
    Voyager Megs
    Voyager Optimus
    Pics Dude!
    Nah, good on you dude as those figures are all awesome IMO and Mirage is especially rare as crap to find these days at a reasonable price.

*snip*

Anyway, I went back to that collectable toy store and got a refund for DOTM Skids cos one of the panels wouldn't transform properly. I then purchased DOTM Sideswipe for 130RMB (AU$19.20) and a MISB RtS Lugnut for 150RMB (AU$22.15)!

*snip*
    Ah man, that sucks about the Skids figure but at least you found a replacement figure in Sideswipe, but dude! - you got RTS Lugnut for a steal of a price man! - What do you think of him?
    (He's Glorious right? )