Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TFClub WWII Themed Figures

Default TFClub WWII Themed Figures

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, TFClub have updated their Micro-blog with an updated CG Render pic of their future WWII vehicle themed figures:

I'm actually quite interested in these, especially the Spitfire!
    The tanks look pretty cool as does the Rear-Mount Prop Aircraft.

Dont think thats a Spitfire, I think its a P-51 Mustang and the other one is a Japanese concept aircraft.

But I have to agree that they look damn good.

That rear mount prop aircraft would be so hideously unstable. While the figures look pretty cool, we're already getting this sort of gold officially through hasbro, Highbrow, skullgrin, and a bunch of other recent releases come to mind.

I don't really like any of these - the second tank bot looks the better of the two but I can't stand the entire turret coming off to form a gun. The plane bots look poor in robot mode.

I mean that said I like the idea of transformers based off early-mid 20th century vehicle modes (we've had a few through the movie line - Highbrow, Ransack/Divebomb, Hubcap) but I don't like how they've been done here.

And are those gestalt connection ports on the front of the tanks?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I have always wanted WWII themed transformers toys but I don't like TFClub's designs that much.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Dont think thats a Spitfire, I think its a P-51 Mustang and the other one is a Japanese concept aircraft.

But I have to agree that they look damn good.
    Admittedly, the wings are definitely the wrong shape for a Spitty but one can pretend.
    You're spot on with the other Aircraft, that is a pretty interesting concept design but there is a reason why rear mounted props were generally avoided.

I don't mind the tank turrets coming off to serve as the weapons as it's very ala G1 Bludgeon but the legs of the Aircraft Bot modes do look quite Gobot-ish huh?
    Being 3rd Parties, one could always retcon them as Classicsverse Gobots Destroyer, Tank, Ace and Zero.

I like the look of them. I may buy them if they were cheap enough. Unlikely though

I can see they may even repaint one of the tanks into Bludgeon, which would be kinda cool, as I think the first tank looks chunky, though the head of the second looks more closer to the G1 figure.

Nice idea but the execution is a bit lacking in my eyes. Really like the alt mode on that 3rd plane, whatever it is.

Interesting, not great but not bad, could go either way with this. Colour scheme will make or break these I think. if they go for a standard toy colour scheme like Warpath these will be pretty forgettable, but if they actually give them proper military colours (like gobots) then we might be getting somewhere. Its not like there Hasbro and have to make their toys bright toy colours.

I really like the way we have a German, Soviet, American and Japanese TF. You'd never see Hasbro make a Tiger.

Are these 3rd party releases? If not are they based on the TF/G.I.Joe crossover Doomsday?
    If so I'm sold.

They don't look half bad, have to wait till i see the actual toy moulds