Thread: Ebay - Non Paying Bidder Question

Default Ebay - Non Paying Bidder Question

So I sold a SNES game about 3 weeks ago, the bidder did not pay so I opened a non paying case against him, 4 days passed then i was able to close it. I got a final value fee credit and thought that was the end of it, until today I got a msg from the non paying bidder claiming he paid for the item 3 weeks ago and was asking where his game was. I double checked everything and there is no way he paid, so I msged him back asking if he had some type of payment reciept, he replied saying he was going to be leaving me bad feedback, now he hasnt yet but Im not sure if its because he cant or he just hasnt got around to it yet.

My question is this, can a buyer leave feedback after a non paying bidder case has been closed?

Short answer is yes they can.

All you could do is reply to the comment and say non-paying bidder or contact ebay.

What a knob. I hate a spate of non paying biders when I sold some stuff a month or so ago. Almost 70% of my auctions I had to open a dispute to get them to contact me. Luckily they paid promptly after that. Really put me off ebay that did. One of the auctions was right before I had holidays planned, so I specifically noted in the auction that prompt payment was required. Nothing. I sent an email saying that unless they wanted to wait a month or two before they got it, then they should hurry up. That did the trick.

Hmm, that was a lnger post then I initially intended.

Surely in this case, you could get ebay to wipe the negative feedback, if the NPB left it.

I'm sorry to hear about this guys as I know that some buyers do tend to be somewhat incredibly slow to pay and don't seem to bother reading the terms of the auction.

As a Buyer, I don't bother bidding unless I'm able to pay immediately (Usually within 30mins of auction's end) or I'm able to pay within the defined period set in the terms by the Seller.
    I basically treat Auctions, even the sales here on the forum, as if I was walking into a brick and mortar - I don't express interest unless I'm able to pay on the spot or a Layby-esque payment method is available (i.e. Holding an item for an agreed time-frame).

Communication is a big factor for me when dealing with online sales and is why I do my utmost to be thoroughly communicative with a Seller - It's a pity that it seems a hell of a lot of other customers don't seem to take a similar approach.