Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Crossfire Combaticons

Here is my attempt at 'Classicizing' Vortex with a new head:

G1 Vortex head (the control):

Still a bit rough as it lacks any paint apps. At this point I needed to see if it works before going forward.

It doesn't look bad at all Kup, far mre accurate compared to that toy's vanilla head; Maybe post some close-up pics of the new head sculpt so that we can more clearly see it's design and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    It doesn't look bad at all Kup, far mre accurate compared to that toy's vanilla head; Maybe post some close-up pics of the new head sculpt so that we can more clearly see it's design and such?
    How is this?

Still rough in a 'home kitbash' sort of way but I like it better than the default generic head. At least he now looks like a Combaticon.

Oh yeah dude, that is mountains better!
    HeadRobots should really live up to their name and start producing replacement heads for figures... Wait, iGear is pretty well on top of that huh?

Still, that looks awesome Kup - A bloody top job mate.

Thanks Hursti but I think I can do better. The head is missing the G1 Vortex forehead turnbines so I will attempt to make a new head with them.

Heres my go at a Crossfire Brawl using PCC Heavytread.

Here is the movement i can get with adding a energon port to Heavytread from the energon tank that came with the original Bruticus. With the modification I have made it can only move to a certain point and no further to hopefully give it a bit more stability in the knee joit.

Here are some before and after shots as you can I have taken the screw that holds the port together. I have then glued the black part that has the ratcheting system on the modded port and sanded down the sides so that it fits inbetween Heavytreads legs.

I have also drilled the centre holes bigger so that they fit onto the pegs found on Heavytreads Legs. I also cut a half circle into the sanded down sides so that i fits onto the peg and between the pin that holds the knee joint together.

So that now the half circle will move around on the peg until it hits the pin on the knee joint.

How the port fits in tank mode sadly there is no spot for it in robot mode.

One minor problem is that Heavytread sits back a little bit which doesnt allow his turret to point up like its G1 counterpart but can easily be moved to fit on with no worries and still look good in Bruticus mode.

I hope that all makes sense he will eventually get a paintjob and modified to hide the other PCC ports

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Heres my go at a Crossfire Brawl using PCC Heavytread.

Here is the movement i can get with adding a energon port to Heavytread from the energon tank that came with the original Bruticus. With the modification I have made it can only move to a certain point and no further to hopefully give it a bit more stability in the knee joit.

Here are some before and after shots as you can I have taken the screw that holds the port together. I have then glued the black part that has the ratcheting system on the modded port and sanded down the sides so that it fits inbetween Heavytreads legs.

I have also drilled the centre holes bigger so that they fit onto the pegs found on Heavytreads Legs. I also cut a half circle into the sanded down sides so that i fits onto the peg and between the pin that holds the knee joint together.

So that now the half circle will move around on the peg until it hits the pin on the knee joint.

How the port fits in tank mode sadly there is no spot for it in robot mode.

One minor problem is that Heavytread sits back a little bit which doesnt allow his turret to point up like its G1 counterpart but can easily be moved to fit on with no worries and still look good in Bruticus mode.

I hope that all makes sense he will eventually get a paintjob and modified to hide the other PCC ports
    I can't believe I missed your post only to find it now nearly two years later! Well done. That's a nice way of securing the Energon port for further stability. Similar to what I tried to do but much more elegant.