Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1929343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: May things-n-bits

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That may be worth it seeming as though I think that the next annual member's personal collection count is not too far away
    Yeah but I think they use the universal counting method - my numbers are over inflated since I own multiples of most of the stuff in my collection.

For example, I have the following:
    1 x MOSC Generations WFC Prime
    1 x Loose Generations WFC Prime
    3 x MOSC United WFC Prime
    1 x Loose United WFC Prime

By my count, that's 6 figures, but by the UCM, I think it's 1, maybe 2 figures at most (1 since it's the same mold, 2 since they're separate releases - Hasbro and TakTomy - can't remember how they count it)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Yeah but I think they use the universal counting method - my numbers are over inflated since I own multiples of most of the stuff in my collection.

For example, I have the following:
    1 x MOSC Generations WFC Prime
    1 x Loose Generations WFC Prime
    3 x MOSC United WFC Prime
    1 x Loose United WFC Prime

By my count, that's 6 figures, but by the UCM, I think it's 1, maybe 2 figures at most.
    That's true as that is what the UCM requires, but there is nothing stopping one from adding up all the 'plastic objects' one owns.

As much as I think counting Transformers is daft enough without there being an 'official' way, according to this Counting Method:

* ARTICLE 10: Multiples count. e.g.:
    - 2 Seasprays = 2 Transformers.
    So Vector Prime, you do have six Transformers there. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I think counting Transformers is daft enough without there being an 'official' way
    +1

So Vector Prime, you do have six Transformers there. Congratulations!
    Congratulations on being a hoarder?

As much as I think counting Transformers is daft enough without there being an 'official' way, according to this Counting Method:

* ARTICLE 10: Multiples count. e.g.:
    - 2 Seasprays = 2 Transformers.
    I suppose there is always going to be differing views on this, without derailing this thread , I like to keep 2 collection counts; The 'official' one and the 'I've got this much plastic toy' one.

LOL
    Nah man, you've got a method to your madness I'm sure.

likewise hoarder.... i mean vector prime

Decided to pick up DoTM Deluxe Starscream because of all the good things you guys have been saying. Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting much but I love this guy!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I suppose there is always going to be differing views on this, without derailing this thread , I like to keep 2 collection counts; The 'official' one and the 'I've got this much plastic toy' one.

LOL
    Nah man, you've got a method to your madness I'm sure.
    Yes a fine method indeed, it's all good from one mad man to another oooh scrapmetal!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The counting of multiples is the one article in the Universal Counting Method that I find most objectionable and just don't like it. As Vector Prime says, it kinda "artificially inflates" one's collection count. But anyway, the majority of people voted for multiples to count... so they count. That's democracy for you. I used to keep two collection counts - one was the Substitution Rationale method, similar to the UCM but multiples and variants don't count. I can't be bothered keeping track of my collection count under two different counting methods anymore, so I just use the UCM.

Some of my May stuff, pretty happy to be able to get some more TF love:

So happy to chance upon them at Kmart. Thought I was gonna have to buy them online.

Found this at Target for $29, love it.

My first DOTM figure thanks to the TRU sale. Took quite a few button presses and quality paint checks before I was able to find a good one. Also this was one of the rare ones that the mouth actually moves quite a bit.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!