Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voltron Force cartoon

Wow, looks like Voltron: Animated.
    I hope the writing of this series saves it too, for the Voltron franchise's sake anyway.

I wonder if this means new toys too?

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I wonder if this means new toys too?
    Yes.

There'll be new toys from Mattel for "Voltron Force" later this year. I believe they'll be unveiled at the San Diego Comi-Con. Mattel are also going to release some Voltron toys based on the original series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Yes.

There'll be new toys from Mattel for "Voltron Force" later this year. I believe they'll be unveiled at the San Diego Comi-Con. Mattel are also going to release some Voltron toys based on the original series as well.
    Really? - Excellent!

I hope they end up being quite decent in 'Action Figure' form and yeah, I really can't wait for that Diecast, 2ft Tall, Proper Gestalt Lion Force Voltron from Matty to be released!
    (I'd really like to see some pictures of either set, and soon! )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not necessarily... a few actors could pull off multiple voices. Heck, you could get Scott McNeil and Frank Welker in and they could do virtually the entire cast between the two of them!
    Which is what usually happens. Studios hire actors who can do double duty on characters. But it's not the vehicle force because no one remembers *all* the vehicle characters. The thighs had pilots fer cryin' out loud

Much easier to deal with 5 main characters than say 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Really? - Excellent!

I hope they end up being quite decent in 'Action Figure' form and yeah, I really can't wait for that Diecast, 2ft Tall, Proper Gestalt Lion Force Voltron from Matty to be released!
    (I'd really like to see some pictures of either set, and soon! )
    I still have my Bandai lion force Voltron from the 80's. The chrome has peeled and black lion's wings are damaged but he's mostly die-cast metal (a lost art...)

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I still have my Bandai lion force Voltron from the 80's. The chrome has peeled and black lion's wings are damaged but he's mostly die-cast metal (a lost art...)
    Agreed.
    Whilst my childhood example left my possession long ago, I have the Panosh Place Lion Force Voltron in damn near completion, so adding a Die-cast one of equal to, or grander, stature would be very nice indeed.

So, has anyone checked out "Voltron Force" yet?

I just finished watching the first three eps and was terribly unimpressed with it. Don't think I'm going to bother with much more episodes.

So, has anyone checked out "Voltron Force" yet?

I just finished watching the first three eps and was terribly unimpressed with it. Don't think I'm going to bother with much more episodes.
    i already knew it was going to be bad after watching the behind the scenes video that i shared in the first post.

i've also watched 3eps and everything was terrible but mostly i just hate how these adults need the help of kids... but amazingly the 3 kids aren't useless like those 3 kids in Transformers Prime.

i will probably watch a few more eps because i think i must like hurting myself?

Just bumping this thread back up for anyone that's interested...

"Voltron Force" starts airing in Australia this Sunday on ABC 3 at 6:40am.

And for anyone that has hearing problems like me, looks like the series will be broadcast with closed captions.

ABC apparently also have the broadcast rights to the original series and should be airing it soon. I'm told it could start airing as soon as this month or next. I'll post airdate details once I find out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the first 6 eps of "Voltron Force" series is coming out locally on DVD next month.
    Last edited by SGB; 3rd April 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Ba-da-da-bump.

Has anyone read the first two "Voltron Force" graphic novels from Viz Media? Surprisingly, I enjoyed them and found them far better than the series.

Really enjoyed the first one, which is titled "Shelter From The Storm". Great story, and the Haggarium gas-induced nightmares was interesting, especially Larmina's, which I wish had lasted longer. The artwork wasn't too shabby, except when it came to the Voltron Force and the cadets -- they were a little off-model. The Lions and Voltron were overall well-drawn, however. Wished the colours had been a bit more vibrant, though.

The second novel, titled "Tournament Of Lions", isn't as good as the first one but is still decent. The storyline was serviceable but not as strong as the story in the first novel, and the lineart of the Lions and Voltron was overall good. The characters, however, were badly-drawn and looked way off-model, especially Keith, who looked like he'd been hitting the 'roids. Loved the colours in the issue though -- they were very refreshingly vibrant.

ABC apparently also have the broadcast rights to the original series and should be airing it soon. I'm told it could start airing as soon as this month or next. I'll post airdate details once I find out.
    Turns out ABC do have the broadcast rights to the original series as they started airing the Vehicle Voltron series on ABC3 at 8:40PM three weeks ago. To my pleasant surprise, the show is being broadcast with subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired (though to my annoyance the subtitlers have made a few silly and amateurish mistakes).