Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: iGear Classics Impactor Head!

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    hmm i reckon this wil lcost like 90bucks because their rathcet and ironhide are quite small and their like $110
    impactor is based off the warpath mold which is smaller than other deluxes but if i remember the ironhide and ratchet were both voyager sized.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    impactor is based off the warpath mold which is smaller than other deluxes but if i remember the ironhide and ratchet were both voyager sized.
    Yeah, his engineering is based on Warpath but it is otherwise a whole new sculpt so he could end up any size - It is not re-using any Warpath parts. Unlike the MP Seekers, Presser is actually a whole new mold that happens to follow similar transformation design to Warpath.

If you check the details, the whole thing is a new sculpt with it's engineering heavily borrowed or 'inspired' by Warpath. My hope is for him to be around the same height as Defender.

It's engineering is not original but I don't think that Hasbro would hold any IP rights to that. Well it's not as if IGear would care anyways.

I like. And I will buy him, hopefully not too expensive to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah, his engineering is based on Warpath but it is otherwise a whole new sculpt so he could end up any size - It is not re-using any Warpath parts. Unlike the MP Seekers, Presser is actually a whole new mold that happens to follow similar transformation design to Warpath.

If you check the details, the whole thing is a new sculpt with it's engineering heavily borrowed or 'inspired' by Warpath. My hope is for him to be around the same height as Defender.

It's engineering is not original but I don't think that Hasbro would hold any IP rights to that. Well it's not as if IGear would care anyways.
    yeah i've been meaning to do a comparison between the 2 as i did notice a lot of differences but since it hasn't been photographed against any other existing transformers, the original warpath scale is what i had to go by.

but yeah, someone like impactor being so small wouldn't make sense so i do expect him to be voyager sized.

It looks to me like they are establishing a $110 price point with the vanbots, which I think is ok for a 3rd party toy that is presumably somewhere between Voyager and Deluxe as long as they pack in lots of nice accessories. In Impactors case he needs a really big gun to be a wrecker, I hope they have something planned.

Anyway time will tell, the Igear Minibots are worthy of their price point, so as long as this toy is around 7 times better then it will be worth the $110 price point.

Hmm, I like the looks of it actually; so if someone could let me know when they release it in 2 years time? - that'd be really appreciated.

some of the rants abroad (no need to name the 2 worst sites) make me (sick) particularly glad to be here!

this is not a simple re-tool of warpath, it's freakin rad. takes me back to the good old "target 2006". if i have any complaints - which wouldn't stop me from buying this figure as long as it doesn't try to murder my wallet - it's that the feet seem a bit too large and goofish.

This looks really good. I like the detail in the autobot/wreckers insignia, very nostelgic. Hopefully this will not damage the funds toooo much