Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated Transformers Toys Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Scorponok never had a robot mode in the movie, ejected straight out of Blackouts back in scorpion mode.
    That must suck... getting pooped out of a larger Transformer.

Yes, the 1.5 seconds Ravage was in space justified the alt mode.
    Makes as much sense as believing that Grapple-looking robot who appeared briefly in the Battle of Autobot City in Transformers The Movie was actually Hauler.

Universe 2.0/Henkei Dinobot is underrated. People tend to either think it was as bad as the Cheetor toy was which came out first; or they chose to ignore it because it wasn't 'G1' enough for their 'Classics' collection. I stand by my original comments but add that while the Henkei colours are better, the toy itself is good in either.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Universe 2.0/Henkei Dinobot is underrated. People tend to either think it was as bad as the Cheetor toy was which came out first; or they chose to ignore it because it wasn't 'G1' enough for their 'Classics' collection. I stand by my original comments but add that while the Henkei colours are better, the toy itself is good in either.
    Whilst I agree that the henkei version is the better colour scheme choice, I myself avoid this figure because I see absolutely no significant enough improvement over the original BW figure apart from the head sculpt, but that is not to say that it isn't worthy of being underrated by other's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Skywarp, you come up with really good discussion threads.

Can I say Cyberjets? I don't think they're popular.

CYBERJETS GALACTIC ABILITIES:
    • Fun and easy to transform
    • Great posability
    • Available in rad colours
    • Friction based launchers that work really well
    • Awesome light piping
    • The cutest headsculpts ever. :B

And I think I'm done. :|
    Cyberjets are amazing! The swing wing one (F-22 NATF... yeah the orange one) and the forward swept wings one are two of my favourite molds ever.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That must suck... getting pooped out of a larger Transformer.

Makes as much sense as believing that Grapple-looking robot who appeared briefly in the Battle of Autobot City in Transformers The Movie was actually Hauler.
    Do you mean in the 'I'll drive, you shoot' scene? Wasn't that Longarm? But yes, a lot of the movie toys were a stretch.

Apparently Scorponok was made out of excess pieces of Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    -> Post relocated to Overrated Transformers Thread.

and there is the twist

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Universe 2.0 GlavatronGalvatron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    drift
    +1 on both of these.

Galvatron is fiddly and slightly annoying, but the sheer level of engineering gone into him is incredible for a Deluxe sized figure.

Drift is just well... awesome.

Do you mean in the 'I'll drive, you shoot' scene? Wasn't that Longarm? But yes, a lot of the movie toys were a stretch.
    Erm, I said Transformers The Movie, not the Transformers movie.

Grapple made a brief appearance during the Battle of Autobot City, as can be seen here - the only 2nd series Autobot car to appear in the film (Inferno is credited, but doesn't appear in the movie). Grapple is somewhat unique amongst the 2nd series Autobot cars because there's evidence that suggests that he was intended to be released as part of the first series to be named as Hauler. But in the end, Grapple was pushed back and released in the 2nd series, and the Grapple-looking Autobot who appeared briefly in "More Than Meets The Eye, Part 1" and called Hauler, became a separate character by default (and has since been retconned as his own character proper). Since no other 1985 Autobot car appears in Transformers The Movie, some fans have theorised that the Grapple-looking robot in Transformers The Movie could be/is Hauler. Another point is that the robot in TFTM has two hands, whereas Grapple was drawn with one hand (the right hand) -- the left arm has one of his missiles inserted (as can be seen here). Quite frankly it can't really be conclusively proven one way or the other - but while it's plausible for that Autobot to be Hauler, it's generally accepted by most fans as Grapple.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 26th May 2011 at 07:35 PM.

Ah yes, my bad. Should have read it properly though The Battle for Autobot City should have tipped me off.

Energon Slugslinger. I love that guy. Actually I love a lot of the Energon Decepticons, there are some great ones in that line.