Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

bowspearer Guest

Congrats on some awesome scores there

The money shot...
    The money-er shot...

They are great pics man and one can only guess how much its cost to set them up but hey if i could do it i would as well, when i first saw the dino cassettes i wanted them, one i found out how rare and expensive they were i quickly gave up

I really cant wait untill you get Artfire, I always considered him just a crappy re-paint of Inferno, but after i custom painted one for myself i really like him and the colors work well
    Again can't wait to see whats next as there really isn't much left for you to get

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    *snip*

The money-er shot...
    LOL - Holy crap HD!
    I swear man, I think you totally just owned this thread with that one post!

But in all seriousness, a huge congratulations dude on finally being able to knock some huge acquisitions out of your Most Wanted list.
    It's always great to see how happy people are when they finally manage to acquire something they've been after for ages and I hope this is a continuing trend for all of you members who collect these insane items.

You've no doubt got quite a bit of writing lined up for your Blog dude - People are going to go nuts when they see these, but also, it's going to be a thoroughly interesting read as to just how you managed to actually find these guys.

Nice pics! Those boxes look really good too.

Hey HD - Have you ever thought about having some company publish these photos e.g. in a coffee-table book format? I'm sure there would be interest out there. I for one would love to have this as a handy reference and it would become it's own collectible.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hey HD - Have you ever thought about having some company publish these photos e.g. in a coffee-table book format? I'm sure there would be interest out there. I for one would love to have this as a handy reference and it would become it's own collectible.
    I'd second that, as I've always felt that HD's photos were very... 'clinical'? - is that the right word?
    Anyway, I think they'd be very suitable for what you propose dude.

sounds like transformers generations

Quote Originally Posted by heretic2010 View Post
    Very nice acquisitions, that money-er shot looks really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    The money shot...
    The money-er shot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    LOL - Holy crap HD!
    I swear man, I think you totally just owned this thread with that one post!
    I just love the money-er shot. I also like the shot of them in their inserts and bios cards only.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    They are great pics man and one can only guess how much its cost to set them up but hey if i could do it i would as well, when i first saw the dino cassettes i wanted them, one i found out how rare and expensive they were i quickly gave up

I really cant wait untill you get Artfire, I always considered him just a crappy re-paint of Inferno, but after i custom painted one for myself i really like him and the colors work well
    Again can't wait to see whats next as there really isn't much left for you to get
    Artfire is going to be hard to get, because I want to get it MIB and with unused stickers and of course no yellowing. I don't think he's as hard to get as the dino-cassettes, but then there're very little people letting go of him.

Also, the prices for this piece have gone through the roof, as well (what's new). My one regret was not picking him up back in early late 2009 when I saw him at my usual shop here in HK for US$800. Now, people are asking thousands for this guy. And since he is essentially now a new mold and a 'strange' inferno repaint, I'm not really inclined to splash that sort of cash on it (I mean, if someone came up and offered me a piece for that price, I might bite, but if I have to go out there and search and search and beg people to sell just so they can lighten my wallet but a thousand or so bucks, forget it, its too much trouble.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    But in all seriousness, a huge congratulations dude on finally being able to knock some huge acquisitions out of your Most Wanted list.
    It's always great to see how happy people are when they finally manage to acquire something they've been after for ages and I hope this is a continuing trend for all of you members who collect these insane items.

You've no doubt got quite a bit of writing lined up for your Blog dude - People are going to go nuts when they see these, but also, it's going to be a thoroughly interesting read as to just how you managed to actually find these guys.
    Man, I'm damn happy with these. I go home and see them and I beam with joy. There's just something about them. One part of my is afraid that I am fond of them only because they are rare (not an uncommon thing for collectors), but I don't think that is the case for me. I think I would still like most of them, esp Zauru, even if they were common. I'm least fond of Gurafi and I'm still least fond of him even though he is rare.

Hahaha... yes, lots to update on my blog, I know. You, gdmetro, Botch and a few others have been reminding me. Hahaha... I will try my best!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    sounds like transformers generations
    Hardly I haven't read my copy for a while and I can't be bothered pulling it out, but from memory there aren't many (if any) good quality MI(S)B pictures. I'm just as interested in seeing the boxes / artwork as I'm sure many others would be as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

After seeing them pics I just made my own...
    Very impressive dude. Love the shots, makes me want to start collecting G1 again. Almost. I'm still too Jaded but looking at them, Beautiful