Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    So does this mean this thread is now over
    Again so much awesomeness in this thread! And looking at your signature now can't help but laugh at how small the list has gotten
    *snip*
    No, it's not over!

I managed to pick up another 11 pieces of rare Transformers today!

(okay, it's not really that awesome, its actually 10 + 1).

I picked up a complete set of Japanese exclusive Suntory Coffee "BOSS Transformers", all sealed, unused and at bargain basement prices. (check my blog here).

Very happy. I been chasing this set on Yahoo Japan for the better part of a year. Most that were on sale were either incomplete or quite expensive. I saw about 4 of the 10 figures at a shop when I was in Osaka in May, but the owner refused to sell them.

I was completely taken aback to find them here in HK, and all sealed and never assembled to boot.

No idea what these are? I didn't either, until I saw Bermuda Mohawk's site which talks about them in detail. Check it out here - Transformers BOSS - Original G1 Figures

This is what the inside looks like.

These are actually tiny. I like it that way. Lots of display possibility for bases. See comparison with KISS Player Ravage and FP Sidearm

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    No, it's not over!

I managed to pick up another 11 pieces of rare Transformers today!
    I love those coffee figures. Particularly for their size, those are some of the most character-model-accurate 3D representations of Transformers ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    those are some of the most character-model-accurate 3D representations of Transformers ever released.
    I'd have to agree with you there thoroughly SS, as they are indeed damn G1 animation model accurate!

Now those are some cool acquisitions HD, tiny yet cool.
    I have this kidney that I found hanging back in my abdomen, would you like it in exchange for that Suntory Boss Transformers Soundwave by any chance?

Notably:

01: Optimus Prime MIB
    C-324: Star Saber MIB (not sure of condition, didn't ask)
    C-328: Victory Saber giftset (very near C10 box, completely unused)
    D-307: Overlord MIB (also very near C10 box, completely unused)
    D-***, which I was so stoked to find and I bought (you won't see it in the photos!)

I looked at it and told E, "Oh my gosh, I must buy that!"

And buy it I did. More to be revealed later.

First, some photos of the 'new' glass display cabinets...
    Can't wait to see what this turns out to be

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I love those coffee figures. Particularly for their size, those are some of the most character-model-accurate 3D representations of Transformers ever released.
    Yeah, really like their accuracy and their size. They are slightly different and in a way more accurate than their SCF/ Heroes of Cybetron counterparts, which usually have very exaggerated lower legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'd have to agree with you there thoroughly SS, as they are indeed damn G1 animation model accurate!

Now those are some cool acquisitions HD, tiny yet cool.
    I have this kidney that I found hanging back in my abdomen, would you like it in exchange for that Suntory Boss Transformers Soundwave by any chance?
    Hey Hursti, can't oblige you there because E has claimed Soundwave. In fact, she claimed the entire set after I bought it and declared it as hers.... In the end, she agreed to revert title in Shockwave to me because I told her I absolutely must have the BOSS Shockwave figure!

I'll see what I can do after tonight's Wimbledon men's final..... Heh....

Hey Hursti, can't oblige you there because E has claimed Soundwave. In fact, she claimed the entire set after I bought it and declared it as hers.... In the end, she agreed to revert title in Shockwave to me because I told her I absolutely must have the BOSS Shockwave figure!
    Ah bugger, E is quite swift in her conquering of figures - I tip my hat to her, at least you owned the lot for a time though eh?

Dedicated to rampagesss, my other mystery acquisition on 2 July 2011 is unveiled....

ta-da... very fortuitous and lucky find... another one off the list...

D-309: Black Shadow MIB

Write up and more photos on my blog here.

Very nice there HD.

I have been looking for one as well but I wont pay for what some people want for it. Plus I think Ill be holding off on purchasing the more expensive items until after October......for my holiday

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Dedicated to rampagesss, my other mystery acquisition on 2 July 2011 is unveiled....

ta-da... very fortuitous and lucky find... another one off the list...

D-309: Black Shadow MIB
    Oh very nice! Was wondering which one is was going to be from your list, can't believe that your just down to 2 now! are you going to start collecting the Japanese Jr transformers?
    Again never ceases to amaze me how you find all this incredibly rare stuff! Can't wait to see the next find

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Very nice there HD.

I have been looking for one as well but I wont pay for what some people want for it. Plus I think Ill be holding off on purchasing the more expensive items until after October......for my holiday
    You are right about what people are asking. I think between 8 months ago and now, the prices for Black Shadow must have doubled, when it comes to online auctions. Sometime last year in Aug, there was an Australian selling auctioning it for AU$650 BIN, which I thought was excessive. Then a UK seller auctioned another one for US$999, and it sold. Since then, people have started asking for between US$850 to $1200 for a piece.

My sources at BotCon tried to get me a piece and the price quoted was US$750, with a box that is almost entirely sun-faded. It's just mad.

I don't know whether its because of its correlation with the Thunderwing mold or whether because in LSOTW we discovered that Black Shadow is one of Megatron's "Phase Six-ers" alongside Sixshot and Overlord.

Oh, I'm sure you will be spending on expensive stuff on your holiday if you are TF shopping! (just remember to look out for my final 2 for me )

Oh very nice! Was wondering which one is was going to be from your list, can't believe that your just down to 2 now! are you going to start collecting the Japanese Jr transformers?
    Again never ceases to amaze me how you find all this incredibly rare stuff! Can't wait to see the next find
    hey Mike, yeah, its unbelievable. I just could not believe it when I saw it at the shop. I was so excited my wife kept teasing me afterward.

As usual, she wanted to buy it for me as well. It's strange, if she buys it, it stays as mine; but if I buy it, she will declare its hers. heh.

Also very glad that the shop didn't think this piece is worth too much, perhaps because the stickers were applied (unused, stickers unapplied stuff they usually sell for a premium).

So, I'm very happy to say that I got this for US$400, which is US$250 cheaper than what I would have been willing to pay anyway...! Yipeee!