Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Our friend in Beijing?
    Was just talking to him last night, his ears must have been burning

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

this is #3 of 6...

After searching for a long time. After a heartbreaking Osaka trip and not finding even one of them, here is one at long last... one of the 4 fabled "dino-cassettes" from 1987...

C-121: Gurafi (or Graphy)... love this little guy even though he is a little odd...

*snip*

Hell Yeah Man! - Congratulations HD!

Wow, that is one insane little package you've got there...

I really like his box, as tiny as it must be, as the colours work well with the box-art piece on the front but it's interesting that they decided to go with a Cartoon rendition of his combined form on the back.
    Yourself and Botch are no doubt going to have a field day though with the scans that'll be surely taken from this little guy, but I also wonder whether inflation applies to those robots points.
    I'm glad to see that it appears that all the paperwork is there too, especially that little Techspec Card, but I'm not sure if I like the change to the plastic inner-trays as opposed to the foam inner-trays - which do you prefer dude?

I'm so happy for you HD, congratulations on acquiring part 1 of that crazy 4 part Grail!

Super jelly right now. I want those Dino Cassettes like my bottle of Mead. Good stuff there HD, can't wait to see the rest.

every time i look at this thread my jaw drops more and more. Can't believe what your able to find, every time you post i think to my self, OK how's he going to top that! And somehow you just do
    Just keep posting the pics man i keep checking this thread when ever i see a new post

this is #3 of 6...

After searching for a long time. After a heartbreaking Osaka trip and not finding even one of them, here is one at long last... one of the 4 fabled "dino-cassettes" from 1987...

C-121: Gurafi (or Graphy)... love this little guy even though he is a little odd...

**snip snip**

Wow just wow, look at the condition of him! Man he looks likes hes lead a sheltered life in a box or on a shelf somewhere. Sweet indeed - quite a complex transformation compared to the earlier cassettes

Very nice HD. Beautiful condition. Looking forward to what else arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    every time i look at this thread my jaw drops more and more. Can't believe what your able to find, every time you post i think to my self, OK how's he going to top that! And somehow you just do
    Just keep posting the pics man i keep checking this thread when ever i see a new post
    Thanks Michael. I'm just going after what I want (in this case, really want), but its great to hear that this thread is keeping you happy!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Thats Nice. Jealosy rising.
    What I wouldn't give...
    .... might have to give an arm, a leg, or worse, your soul....

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    *snip*

Hell Yeah Man! - Congratulations HD!

Wow, that is one insane little package you've got there...

I really like his box, as tiny as it must be, as the colours work well with the box-art piece on the front but it's interesting that they decided to go with a Cartoon rendition of his combined form on the back.
    Yourself and Botch are no doubt going to have a field day though with the scans that'll be surely taken from this little guy, but I also wonder whether inflation applies to those robots points.
    I'm glad to see that it appears that all the paperwork is there too, especially that little Techspec Card, but I'm not sure if I like the change to the plastic inner-trays as opposed to the foam inner-trays - which do you prefer dude?

I'm so happy for you HD, congratulations on acquiring part 1 of that crazy 4 part Grail!
    Once again a very nice review and write up Hursti. I have posted your 'review' up on my blog in respect of the Soundwave/Soundblaster post.

I am very fussy about a dino-cassette. My criteria for it is that it must be C9+, and 110% complete. I wouldn't buy it if its missing the instructions, biocard or if its missing something. The main reason is because, I'd almost never be able to find the missing thing to replace it since these are so difficult to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Wow just wow, look at the condition of him! Man he looks likes hes lead a sheltered life in a box or on a shelf somewhere. Sweet indeed - quite a complex transformation compared to the earlier cassettes
    It's in very sweet condition and to be honest, I'd have it no other way for a dino-cassette. heh. With regard to the 'sheltered life' it has led, there is actually a cool story behind it that I will talk about later.

Yes, its transformation is quite complex, that, and it also needs other moving parts for its combination with Noizu. I really like the transformation, a slight pity the the feet only allows Gurafi to stand upright.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    *snip*
    Good stuff there HD, can't wait to see the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Very nice HD. Beautiful condition. Looking forward to what else arrives.
    The next one is here...

Default C-123: Dairu / Dial MIB

this is #4 of 6...

Had wanted to update earlier, but I had friends over and was playing Mahjong from 5pm today till 2am... then had to wash the dishes, take out the trash and revert my place back to 'normal' (all of which I like to do, it's therapeutic to me).

So here I am with today's dose - C-123: Dairu / Dial MIB.

I know of many people who consider this the nicest and also the rarest of the 'dino-cassettes'. However, there are also many who consider that Zauru, his combiner partner is the the rarest dino being the last of the 4 to be released. Personally, I'm not so sure, but do remember that this is the only dino-cassette that griffin the man himself is missing.

In terms of complexity of transformation, this one certainly tops it. It is also one of the few (or perhaps only) cassette that does not essentially remain flat after transformation to its alternate mode, which I think is very cool.

I believe that Dairu transforms into a veloci-raptor, which means that these things are cool way before Jurassic Park made them cooler than t-rexes....

Photos!

(I'm a little disappointed that there is a tear on the box which result in some box art being ripped off)

Just saw your name in the post and thought ok whats he got now?

See what i mean, just when you think how's he going to top Gurafi you post Dairu so im guessing the other dino-cassettes wont be to far away?
    Can only imagine how much these are costing

Also don't forget to cross them out on your signature down the bottom as the list is getting shorter and shorter

I believe that Dairu transforms into a veloci-raptor, which means that these things are cool way before Jurassic Park made them cooler than t-rexes....
    According to TFwiki the robot mode is seems to be an Iguanadon. Is there anything on the box or inserts that indicates what the robot-dino mode is meant to be? I checked TF Generations, but it doesn't say.